in love

SODAPOP CURTIS WAS HAPPY AND IN LOVE. he noticed this blissfully as he started on a new strand of y/n's hair. he was braiding the girls locks into neat woven parts as they sat together on soda's front porch.

y/n was sitting on the step below soda, in between his legs, as she read from her history textbook already eager for the next school year.

"your hair is real nice all straight and long" soda spoke, breaking the comfortable silence.

y/n hummed in response as she adjusted her head into his lap, her arm resting over his leg. she was unconsciously drawing her hand over the denim of his pant leg as she focused on the words on the page below her.

it was late in the afternoon, the tulsa summer sun still beaming down on the two teens even from protection of shade sitting on the porch.

"how do you think i'm doing doll?" soda reached a now finished braid in front of y/n's eyes, anticipation beaming in his own.

y/n broke her gaze from the textbook with a smirk before leaning into the boy.

"why it's the most prettiest braid i've ever seen sodapop curtis!" she exclaimed with a hint of sarcasm.

soda rolled his eyes playfully but still proudly held the braid up like a trophy. y/n laughed and pressed a kiss to the boys cheek.

"you know i think i've done enough studying for the day, curtis. want to grab some food?" y/n closed her text book gently, now standing. soda reached for her hand, pulling her into him as they descended the small number of steps and out of front yard. y/n's textbook left abandoned on the porch. 

the couple walked to the dingo and once there got settled into a little booth in the corner that they claimed as their spot ever since soda and her started dating. a heart soda had carved with his switchblade on their first date was still etched on the now worn table. their initials in the middle of it with '4ever' right underneath it.

y/n can't help smiling as she looked down at it now. soda sits next to her with one arm draped around his girl proudly, the other was fiddling with her hand.

any greaser or soc walking by can tell you about soda and y/n. the two seemed to be the only couple in town who lasted as long as they did and who still seemed like they were 2 weeks into the honeymoon phase of their relationship. they never truly lost that spark that they had for each other. even 5 years down the line.

soda pulled a piece of loose hair out of y/ns face before taking a moment to really look at y/n. the girl looked up at him then too, still a butterfly feeling igniting in her stomach somewhere as his light eyes seemed to bore into hers. a grin appeared on his face as he slowly went to kiss y/n.

the girl smiled into the kiss as she leaned into him now. a giggle escapes past her lips, her frame lightly shaking against the boy. soda wraps his arms around the girl tighter pulling her into him even closer if that was even possible. y/n breaks the kiss slowly taking her time as her lips left his. she loved the sweet taste they left on her and she couldn't seem to get enough of him.

she lifted her hands to his face brushing her finger across his lips as she looked at him once again. her heart boomed and she was sure he could feel it.

soda was hypnotized by the girl as she touched him. the feeling of her on him was something that burned a fire within him.

"i love you so much sodapop" she whispered, her voice too soft and full of love to reach any other level. she kissed him again softy, running her hands through the hair at the base of his neck, the part he never bothered to grease.

soda smiled planting a kiss to the y/n's forehead.

"i love you more y/n, i love you more."

( cove speaks !)

byeee okay i literally haven't updated this book in so long so i decided to just put this shit outttt. its been sitting in my damn drafts for months because i never really liked it but IDC it's published now 😻🫢

i swear imma start posting more frequently !! probs another soda or dally imagine coming soon i love y'all 💗