best friend

"WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?" i yell slamming my locker shut. i step in front of greg and run down the steps of school.

"y/n you know what i'm talking about! hanging out with those guys all the time!" i gasp and turn to face him.

"what are you saying greg? i cheat on you with my friends? it isn't like that!" i say stepping towards him, trying to touch his arm. he steps back from me and shakes his head.

"listen y/n, all we do is fight now a days and i think we should end it." i stop and process what just came out of his mouth.

"you wanna break up?" i whisper, feeling like my body was going to give out at any second.

he sighs and tries to comfort me. i push him away and start walking home.

i don't know when i start crying but i do. i try to stop myself, calling myself a big baby and telling myself to grow up.

by the time i made it home i felt too ashamed to face the gang. maybe pony would understand but i didn't want my twins comfort right now so i decided to go to my best friends place. tim shepherd.

i knock on his door and curly opens it and tells me tim is in the kitchen. once i spot him i suddenly feel better. i sneak up on him and jump on his back.

"hey curly! you dumb kid get the hell off me... oh hey y/n..."

"hey tim." i say sitting up on the counter. i spot tim's sandwich he just made and i help myself to a bite. turkey as always.

"you okay y/n? looks like you've been crying." he says taking back his sandwich and handing me a coke. i take a drink of the cool liquid before answering.

"yeah i guess you could say i was crying. me and greg broke up..." i say drifting off and eyeing him for a reaction.

he shakes his head as takes a bite out of his sandwich, "i knew there was something wrong with that kid. maybe he's retarded or something."

i slap his arm and shake my head.

"tim that's not very nice." he chuckles at me and offers me another bite of the turkey which i take.

"you knbo hes jost so dibbernt naw!" i say with my mouth full. he takes it back and finishes it off before giving me a serious look.

he was about to say something else but angela walked in with surprisingly ponyboy.

"hey guys." i say looking at my twin brother. he gives me a look and goes up stairs with angela.

"how long has this been going on?" i ask.

"i don't know." he pulls me off the counter and pulls me into a hug. i'm shocked but i embrace him still.

"don't worry about that asshole greg. let's watch some movies and forget about him."

i smile at him and i'm thankful at this moment to have him as a friend.