time

"DO I LOOK LIKE I CARE?"... you ask slamming the last box of candies on the ground.

"yeah you really do!" two-bit says on the other side of the counter.

you roll your eyes. twobit seems to know all about your relationship with ponyboy nowadays.

"listen two, i don't care what he does okay?"

twobit groans, hopping over the counter, swinging his legs over so he's sitting down.

"y/n, you and ponyboy need to talk it out. you can't go on like this. you're just hurting each other."

"how do you know that he's hurting? if he has the nerve to be hurt, I'll go and kick his ass right now!" you huff, crossing your arms around your chest.

you shake your head as memories of last night flood your mind.

"y/n, ya know pony regrets what he did. he didn't mean to hurt you."

twobit says, reaching out for your arm.

"i don't think so twobit. if he really did, he'd be here apologizing. not you."

you step back from the counter and reach down below to gather your purse.

"my shifts over now. i'll see you around twobit."

you say, before stepping out of the grocery store where you work..

"you finally had the balls to call me?" you laugh lightly into the reciever.

"y/n, i'm sorry about that night, and i'm sorry that i didn't talk to you sooner about it."

ponyboy sighs into the receiver. you wait on the line waiting for him to speak again.

"......."

"pony are you there?" you ask, the line still silent.

then a loud sigh echoes from the other end.

"i love you y/n and i'm sorry i cheated on you with that girl. i'm sorry i lost your trust because i did something that was so meaningless."

"i love you too ponyboy. but i just need some time you know?"

"yeah, i get it y/n. take all the time you want. i'll always be here for you." he says softly.

"and i'll always love you for being there."