letterman jacket

"MAKE SURE TO FINISH THIS PAPER FOR HOMEWORK" mr. syme yells out as everyone files out into the hallway. you sit in your seat waiting for the crowd of kids at the door to die down before gathering your notebooks together and leaving the classroom for your locker.

your h/c hair that steve, your brother, calls a rat's nest, is sticking to the back of your neck. only 1 month till summer officially begins and already there is blazing weather in tulsa.

you finally make your way to your locker and try to unlock it when someone shakes your shoulders.

"boo!" ponyboy yells into your ear. you laugh and turn around to see a laughing ponyboy curtis and a smiling johnny cade.

"hey guys." you say turning back to your locker.

"not mad this time, y/n?" johnny asks, giving you a light chuckle.

all week pony has been giving you little scares. like today during pe class. this happened to be more embarrassing then scary. you and the girls were running your laps with the guys behind you when all of sudden something heavy jumps onto your back and you end up hitting the floor with a thud.

almost everyone who had pe that period surround you and groaned at the sight. pony was tangled up in your feet, and your nose was bleeding up a storm with the sudden impact with the floor.

you had asked ponyboy when you were walking up to the nurses office, what he was planning to do and he didn't admitted he didn't even know either. he made it up to you with ice cream.

"having some trouble there y/n?" pony reaches for the lock.

you nod and watch as pony gets it off with one small tug. you laugh as you put your things in and grab your bag out before closing it, not caring about the struggle you'll probably have again tomorrow.

you three walk down the halls to the entrance of the school when you feel a light tug on your ear. that's always been ponyboy's way of getting your attention ever since the sixth grade.

"aren't you warm in that sweater?" he motions to bryan's letterman jacket that you had on. you mumble a simple yes as you walk outside. your eyes spot him right away.

"uh, i'll see you guys later im getting a ride from bryan." you wave goodbye to johnny and ponyboy. johnny gives you a look and you simply dismiss it as you walk towards bryan's black mustang.

he smirks as he see's you and pulls you into a tight hug before placing a sweet kiss onto your lips. for a fact you already know it's just an act. as soon as you get out of the schools view he'll turn into a monster.

bryan's only 17 but he skips school a lot. he is a soc. the gang did have a problem with bryan but i guess once they seen you together they forgot all about it.

the first time you met him, you instantly fell in love with each other. or i guess you did. you had loved his grey eyes and his jet black hair. but, when he started to hang around this guy named bob sheldon about 2 months ago, things started to get bad.

he started to get drunk almost every other day and  he gets angry and takes it all out on you. you always plan to tell him that you want to end things but you always chicken out at the last minute. the only reason you're still in the relationship is because he once threatened to kill you with a gun bob gave him.

you open the passenger car door and throw your bag in the backseat. bryan walks around the driver's side and gets in. he starts up the car and starts to head for the corner block, which you dread. he only drives you 6 blocks down to your house but he always ends up getting his hands on you.

he turns the corner and you keep yourself busy by playing with your hair.

"y/n?" bryan asks, giving you a side glance.