Chapter 1 *REWRITING*

"Well, there isn't anything I should be suspicious about..and I can't be picky. Alright, congrats Y/N! You're our newest recruit!"

The manager, Dave, seemed to be enthusiastic about this and offered his hand as a warm welcome. You were surprised! It was that easy? That easy to get this job?

"Sir! I'm honored!"
Y/N shook his hand, happy to hear the good news! The managed cleared his throat, " Now that's out of the way, when can you work?" Y/N took a moment to think.. they were running out of options on where to work, and they always had trouble sleeping. "As early as possible!— please." They seemed desperate at that.

'Ah, that's good. Someone who really wants to work right away. maybe we can get them to do more than one job..'

"Don't worry, we love eager workers! How about tonight? Although, please come as early as 10:30. I'll have Lucy show you around, and get you settled with everything."

Y/N tilted their head slightly.

"Lucy?"

"Oh she's our other daycare night guard! Although, she hasn't been doing her job right and not many people have been coming in to help— sure we can make more bots, but the company denied it. I don't know who's working up there, but can't they get better bots to help?"

"Is there something wrong with them?" Dave hesitated for a moment before continuing.

"Our bots keep declining — for some reason and I guess we're wasting too much money on them. I don't know who's tampering with the security bots or the mop ones —but I'm sure as hell they're gonna get more than just fired. Some of them are missing too.."

Dave muttered the last part, but y/n heard it loud and clear. Y/N nodded in understanding and stood up. They had more questions but Dave seemed more than stressed enough. Robots disappearing, and not many people wanting to take the job..

"Alright Y/N, go ahead and rest up. Tonight is gonna be a lonnnngg night. And we need our night guards to have rest. We'll talk again, just remember.. 10:30." Dave gave Y/N a daycare pass and badge (or whatever they use I forgot lmfao). "Thank you sir! I won't let you down!" "Please, the formalities are too common y/n. Just call me Dave, and we're friends now."

Y/N and Dave shared info briefly. Y/N was given a FazWatch, specifically for their tasks of the day/night,  then they went off home to go prepare themself mentally. Once they got home they let out a big sigh.

"God, this job might be boring as hell.. but the pay is decent. So I guess its should be ok. besides.. what the f*ck can happen?" Y/N finally got out of that formal state. They disliked having to be someone they're not sometimes, but it slips out at times too. "If I told mom and dad, they might be happy for the news.."

Stretching, y/n went ahead and prepared a bag for themself. A healthy bar, check! A bottle of water, check! Phone charger, check! Notebook, check! Wait, what else would be ok to bring?

The manager seemed pretty chill. He mentioned how some workers may live there and work because of how crowded the work schedule is. There's bathrooms, showers, and private rooms.

"And they don't even need to ask? Wow."

Y/n knew this job seemed too good to be true. It was too chill.. and they want more workers anyways. They didn't even give strict rules for y/n to go by. Just do your job and you'll be ok. "No one is dumb enough to break into the daycare, what would they even gain from it?"

Y/N settled into their home, relaxing. "Alright, tonight's gonna be long and boring. I guess I'll chill too."

Y/n turned their TV on, and went on to relax.

Oh y/n.. just wait until the future events occur. Will you have time for this? Will you ever? Pff, well good luck.