Chapter 3

Y/n's pov

Ok so for the past fucking hour, I've been playing with this tall ass Sun animatronic. I mean .. to be honest it's kinda cool. Like how do you see this everyday? Well, anyways it's not sooo bad. Mostly because I think he looks cool. Like he can turn his head, he's so outgoing and he knows boundaries. This thing was made for kids, so I shouldn't be too surprised. But man.. did they have to make him so tall? I've noticed how he bends over to my height to talk and "play" with me.

"Hello?! Friend?!"

"ah"

I snapped out of my thoughts, fuck. Fuck fuck fuck fuck. I keep forgetting this guy can actually think.

"Whatcha doing there? Are you alright friend?"
"Yea yea, I just had to think.."
"May I ask what you were thinking?"

.
.
.
.
"So you entertain kids and make sure they're safe, right?" I finally asked. I didn't want to know I was questioning his entire existence. I was confused how well developed these ai robo guys were, but they aren't stupid.. too stupid anyways.

"Umm well basically! I help children! Keep them entertained! Make sure to tidy up messes-" he proceeded to go on about what he could do.

However, my mind fixated on another thing after he kept blabbing his mouth away.. I remember, before going down a certain slide. There was two statues. Of him and another robot. Is it possible to know who the other one is? It was already the time of night where I was questioning almost everything.

"Friend? Are you sure you're ok?"
"Yea , I'm just kinda tired hah but I have a question, who was that other animatronic on the statue display-"

Sun gasped loudly and ran off somewhere. Is he getting me another Sundrop? Well, I was wrong! He came back with a pillow and a sleeping bag. "Here! In the daycare the children has a specific amount of time throughout the day with me where they take naps! So we often tell parents to have them carry something to sleep with, a plushie , a pillow, or even a blanket! However, we have our own supply of sleeping bags, etc. for kids who forget! Or don't have any!" He settled the sleeping bag and pillow onto the ground. He seemed relax until he noticed something. "Uhh—friend, go ahead and sleep! I just need to check.. something."

I raised an eyebrow," do you need help orrr" "goodness, no!— thank you. Sleep well y/n! Don't let the bed bugs bite! And .. stay safe." I watched as he left me in the middle of the daycare. I sighed, and I checked the time. It was 11:45. Around 10:50 or so I went and used the restroom, so I should be fine. I wonder what sun was worried about. I shrugged it off, duh because I'm a little tired. The thing is, obviously I struggle with sleep! So I just laid there!

"Sunny? Are you done yet? I think I'm done resting-"

"Y/n! Y/n! I think we should play.. a game."

Huh, he seemed nervous. Weird, right? Even though his smile is painfully latched into him, you could tell he was nervous by the way he sounded.. even his movements. For now, I think it's ok if we were distracted.

"Uh, alright.. so what's the game?"

"Hide and seek! For the last ten minutes of each hour, you hide. And if you make it past the ten minutes, I will give you a special reward just for you!"

I checked the time.. "11:49. It's 11:49 sun—" sun didn't hesitate to move far from me and counted loudly. I looked around for a place to hide, and settled into one of the play structures. Before I knew it, the lights were out! Fuck, I left my flashlight at the desk.. sighing, I adjusted to the darkness. It was painful, but worth it because I could see a bit!

"Naughty naughty~"

A dark voice was heard. I flinched, that was not the Sunrise I knew. I could check the time now , but what if the light was too bright? Is it now 11:50? Fuck, I'm scared. Who was that?

.
.
.
.

"Come out come out wherever you are~"