Chapter 95

Angst :)

I hurried out of the daycare once I woke up. I should've known, of course my love life sucked. But I didn't think that even my so called 'soon to be lovers' DIDNT want to be my lovers anymore. Maybe I'm just upset or frustrated, but no. I'm holding back tears as we speak. Sun and Moon tried to catch up to me, asking me what's wrong. Of course I shoved them away, exiting the daycare.

"Y/N! Wait, we can talk!" Sun called out to me. Nope, I wasn't having it. I always knew Eclipse and lunar had control of my dreams, but I didn't think they would use that skill to hint at the fact that they all didn't love me anymore. Using that.. it hurt.

I rushed to Dave's office, knocking then letting myself in. "I wanna quit. I'm done." I stated harshly, holding back tears. I interrupted dave who was seen filing some work. Dave quickly straightened his back, his eyes focusing on me. He was curious as to why this sudden change of heart, but then he saw the tears coming down. "Y/n.. I told you, you should be taking breaks."

Dave stopped his work and stood up. He walked over, pulling me into a warm hug. "Please, have a seat. We can talk about this." He gently pulled me to the chair. "Here's a snack y/n." He gave me a treat, patting my head. He then retreated to his seat, his eyes filled with concern. "You're my manager Dave."

"I'm not your manager right now. I just decided it's my break, and you're my friend. Now, I'm here to listen.. you look like you're holding a lot back. Is everything okay?" He asks once more. I noticed he wasn't trying to push it out of me. Rather, he was genuinely trying to help me with whatever was wrong.

I explained to him the whole story and how I took it. He nodded, listening to me ramble about my own issues. Once I finished, I can see how his face looked. He clearly had an impact on the whole thing. It was a mix of worry and uneasiness. "Dave?" I called out. He stood up from his chair, walking around and leaned against the table.

"From my perspective, I can tell Sun and Moon loves you a lot. But, if they fell for someone else.. then they wouldn't have kept it a secret from you. Especially if you guys are poly. Now then, y/n. Remember, this was a nightmare. I'm sure if you opened up to the two about it, they'll gladly talk it out with you. I promise. They aren't the kind to use you and say harsh words like that."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive. By the way.. Lunar wouldn't have that control over you. He's too much of a pathetic- er. Hopeless romantic sweetheart to pull things like that. He's way too nice, and for what it's worth.. I've never seen moon or sun look at anyone the way they look at you. I see their eyes brighten up the moment you enter the room." Wait, what did he say?

I smile gently, finishing my treat and tossing the trash in the garbage bin. "Thanks Dave.. I really needed that. Maybe I'm just insecure about the relationship. And scared they'll turn on me at any second." I adjusted myself on my seat, trying to think rationally now. "Communicate with them. If you're planning on dating them, then I reckon to try and talk it out. Being in a relationship isn't easy.. it'll have it's up and downs. It'll be good one moment or bad the other. But it's important to know that the other person will love you, depending on the case. And I know sun and moon will."

I nodded in understanding, hearing Dave's long lecture towards me. "I'm sorry for bothering you during work." I apologized, embarrassed that I basically vented to him. "No problem, I needed a break from that bullshit anyways." He chuckled. We were about to talk more until a worker came bursting in. "Woah! What's up?!" Dave jolted, now becoming more serious than ever.
——
Sorry to interrupt, but let's see what Sun and moon is doing! :) y/n, I know you're the main character, but you can't always take the spotlight!