Chapter 5

Chapter 5

"Why are you spacing out, Aunt Tanya? Did something happen while you're away?"

From looking at one of Chase's painting which is scattered all over my room, I averted my eyes to Azriel. I have been spacing out ever since I came back home from our meeting. His innocent eyes were staring at me like he badly need to hear my answer.

Then, I remember looking at the same set of eyes earlier. Only difference is that his set of almond eyes hold a different emotion than of this kid. His eyes hold darkness and sarcasm instead.

"It's nothing, Reil. I'm just a bit tired."

I don't want to tell him about my encounter with Chase. I know that he will be able to grasp the situation knowing how smart he is, but I'd rather keep him out of it. He's too young to dwell on things such as soulmates.

He nodded. "Why are you staring at the man in your dreams, po?"

He's not the man in my dreams anymore, Reil. He's truly existing.

"I don't think I have a choice, Reil. His face are scattered around my room." I said with a smile.

He giggled too. I can't help to noticed how his cheeks reddened at that gesture. I'm sure he got that from his parents, especially his father who has a foreign blood.

Speaking of his parents, I haven't received any call from them. It's nearly a week from when I found him at the shore but I have not received any message or call which would clinch myself from believing that they are looking for him. If they come back to the spot where they left him, they would probably see the message I wrote there.

But there is none. It's just a relief that he does not asked about it yet. I don't want to see his disappointed face whenever he hears something unpleasant coming from me.

"That's your fault. You filled your room with that man's portrait. Good thing he's handsome. I won't feel afraid looking around." he giggled even more.

Even I laughed at his remark. He's right though. If it's even a consolation. Good thing Chase is a very handsome man that even if I'm surrounded by his face I'm not bothered at all. I even think that he has a foreign blood.

Apart from his caramel orbs that really stands out, his features are also vicious like that, of a Spanish descent, and a slight brown hair color. His height was like those international models I've seen in the internet.

☽☾

"Did you talk to the man in your dreams.'c Tanya? I saw he followed you after you left our stall." Mom asked curiously after we are finished washing the dishes.

Azriel is in the living room watching TV. I asked him to stay there right after dinner.

"We talked, Mama. I told him the truth. Everything. How we met and the paintings. That I'm just seeing him in my dreams. He doesn't seem convinced at first but he doesn't have any choice but to believe me."

"He seems like a decent guy, not to mention good-looking. Maybe he is really your soulm—"

"Mama..." I said frowning. I glanced at her from my shoulder while I finish washing my hands.

She smiled at me. "Call it advance thinking. I just can't help to notice how he looked at you earlier. He can't get his eyes of you, like you will vanish if he even blinked."

I anchored my eyes at her from washing the dishes.

"I don't see anything wrong with that though, it seems normal to me. I would probably do the same if I'm in his shoes."

"Maybe. So what have you agreed on?"

"He wanted to buy the painting, Mama. I told him that I'm willing to give it to him for free—"

"What? He's willing to pay for it but you rejected the money? Why don't you make use of your talent so we could earn from it as well? Just don't give an exact price for the painting, accept whatever amount he can offer. We can also use that money if we would end up having Azriel in our care."

I did not answer. Mama has a point after all. We don't make that much money in selling in the market. Regardless of how much Chase pays me, that will be a great help to our expenses, more so because of Azriel's presence.

After washing the dishes, I took Reil to the bedroom and prepare him to sleep. I was in bed when my cellphone rang. It's an incoming call from Michelle. She might be upset that I didn't say good-bye to her and left the art exhibition.

I gathered a deep breath and glanced at Reil. His eyes were already close even though I know that he's not sleeping yet. I stood up, reached for my phone and answer her call.