Chapter 21

"What?" he chuckled. "What are you talking about, Allison?"

I'm still looking at Chase intently without batting an eye because I feel like my heart is about to explode of all these emotions I'm feeling inside me. But on top of everything, I'm confused.

Why does he have the same face with Reil? How are they related? It's impossible that Chase is the father of that kid. If I remember correctly, Reil mentioned that his father's name is Meynard and not Chase.

"Allison. . ."

He held my hand, pulled me closer to him while drilling his eyes into mine.

"C-Chase, the girl you saved from downing when you were a kid. . .I think, that was me."

His brows furrowed like he refuses to believe what I said.

"What made you say that?"

I pulled my hand away from him, brush my hair using my hand out of frustration and leaned on to the side. I breathed a sigh, placed my hands on my lip and bit my nails out of nervousness. My hands are restless and my feet kept tapping on the floor.

"Allison. . ."

I took a deep breath before I dropped my hands to my side and finally faced him.

"Chase, it's because I dreamt of the accident again after years of not being able to and it's then I saw the boy who saved me. . ."

I'm not certain if I ought to mention about a kid under my care who looks exactly like him. That they have the same face of the kid who saved me that time and the boy in the picture.

I then glanced back at the picture when he was just a kid. I can see no one else other than Reil. No matter what angle I look, there's no denying they look so much alike.

"The boy on the picture, I'm sure that he was the one I saw on my dream. I believe you also mentioned about you saving a young girl from drowning. . ."

I took a deep breath and looked up to him. He was staring intently at me, like he's waiting for every word that would come out of my mouth and say to him.

"Is it possible Chase, that I'm the young girl that you saved back then?"

No words. Literally. He's just staring at me, dark and intense. It's like he's in deep thought with what I told him. Might be gaging if there's truth to it, or possibly thinking that I might be crazy to even think of it.

"Can you still recall the beach you were at that time, Allison?" he asked.

"Yes. Mama said that it was in Matabungkay Beach somewhere in Batangas."

He stiffened. It's as if I just hit a nerve on him. He bit his lower lip, breathed a sigh and suddenly turned his back away. I was left staring at his retreating back while he walks on a couch. He seemed like a balloon who suddenly run out of air, as he lost all his strength and sat on the couch near him.

He's looking at a distance while elbows placed above his legs. He slouched a bit and brought his hands on his face. He pinched the bridge of his nose while in deep thought.

"The reason why you're always dreaming of me. It's because we really have a connection, huh?" he chuckled as if he also couldn't believe it. He raised his head to look at me. "It was you . . ."

I gave him a small smile and ambled towards him. I squatted in front of him, held his hands and stared into his eyes. I was slightly looking up to him which made me see the emotion his eyes show. I am not certain but I think I'm seeing happiness in those caramel orbs.

"Yes Chase, you're right. We are connected with each other. If not for you I would have drowned myself. I know it's been long overdue but still, I would like to thank you for saving me back then."

He smiled and bend over me. He brushed his lips against mine and gave me a soft kiss.

"I don't remember anything much after that incident, Allison. But I'm glad that I saved you . . ." he pulled me up to sit on his lap. He locked his arms around my waist and made me face him. I watched him kiss me on the side of my neck as he penetrated his menacing eyes into mine. "It's your turn to save me."

There's a message behind it and I know what it is. He's asking me for help and I'm willing to give it to him. I'm glad that he stopped on telling me to stay away from him. That it's a mistake asking me to stay.

I only smiled at him for an answer. Despite of what I learned about him being the boy who saved me, I feel like I wouldn't be contented if I will not know Reil and Chase's connection as well. It's not a mere coincidence they have the same face, it's something more.

"What are you thinking?" he asked that snapped me out of my thoughts.

I blinked several times at look intently at him.

"Your son, Chase. . ."

He suddenly became alert hearing about his son. "What about him?"

"W-What is his name? D-Do you know?"

Just his name Chase, that's all I need to convince myself your connection with each other.

"Why is my baby suddenly become interested about my son?"

I chuckled nervously, not really sure of how to tell him about it without startling him.

"I-I just want to know. If it's okay?"

"Of course it is. You'll be his momma when I found him and got the full rights to him," he kisses me on my collar bone. "I'll make sure I'll have it."

I nodded still being restless while sitting on his lap. I'm getting impatient, I wanted to hear his son's name. I feel like I'm being chased by someone for I can feel my chest tightening.

"I can't see anything wrong with that, Chase. What's his name please?"

"It's Aiden . . ." he said that earned a crumpled forehead from me. "His name is Aiden Saavedra."