Chapter 22

Wait. Did I hear the name correctly? How did it happen that Aiden is the name of his son? It's supposed to be Azriel. It's impossible that Azriel and Chase does not have any connection or any sort of relationship. He looks so much like Reil and I highly doubt that they're strangers to each other. I don't think it's a mere coincidence they look alike, no, I'm not buying that at all.

I know people tend to look alike sometimes but not that much. There are people who has the same features but still differ from each other. But Azriel and Chase are almost like twins! It seems like I'm looking at Reil when he grew up.

"A-Aiden? Are you sure that's your son's name Chase?"

He raised his brow as a response while arms still wrapped around my waist.

"Why won't I be sure?" he chuckled.

I bit my lower lip while staring at him. As I was staring at his eyes, all I could see was Reil's eyes.

"Do you know of someone named Azriel, Chase?"

His forehead slightly crumpled, eyes narrowed a bit. He removed some strands of my hair on my face and tucked it on ear.

"I don't know a certain person named Azriel. Why did you ask?"

Will I tell him about the kid under my care who looks exactly like him? That it's possible that it's his son. But I don't have any proof on my assumptions apart from them being looking exactly alike. I don't have any proof if Chase himself already gave me a different name of his son.

"Nothing. I just want to know. . ." I replied and looked down on my legs.

Chase was drawing circles on my belly, his breath caressing the skin on my cheek. He gave it a soft peck and embraced me tightly.

"Who's that Azriel, huh? One of your suitors?"

I wanted to laugh at what he said. "No, Chase. I just asked because you might know—"

I didn't have the chance to finish what I was saying when we both heard a few knocks from outside. I looked at Chase and he's eyeing the doorway.

"I think someone's outside. Are you expecting anyone?"

His brows furrowed. "I'm not expecting any visitors today aside from you."

His hold on me loosened and I took that opportunity to stood up. He stood up, glanced at me and suddenly bend forward to kissed me on my forehead.

"I'll just check who that is."

I nodded. He turned his back on me and walked towards the main door. I sat down on the couch and looked at his retreating back. I played with my lips using my fingers as I stared at him.

Knowing that he was the little boy who saved me from drowning back when I was still a little girl surprised me. So we really have a connection since then. Then there's really a reason why I always dream of him. We have a deeper and meaningful connection. We have unconsciously known each other since we're young.

The universe has its own way of letting me know that the man in my dreams is also the same man whom I know I am going to love in the future. I don't want to ruin what we have and say that I can see us ending up together, but I feel like he is my end game.

But I actually want to know Reil and Chase's relationship more. I feel like my assumption is right and I won't stop until I find a concreate evidence that I am right. Even if Chase told me a different name, I'm still not convinced that they are not blood-related.

What if they are mere relatives?

"What the fuck are you doing here? Where is my son?!"

I immediately stood up when I heard Chase's growling voice shouting. I was almost running on my tracks heading to the main door. My eyes went wide when I reached where Chase was and saw him holding a beautiful and tall woman. He's strangling her against the bricked wall. The woman was holding Chase's hand on her neck like he's fighting with him. Her skin was even reddish, veins are already on her forehead.

"Chase, l-let me go!" She's panting while trying so hard to get his hand off her neck.

"You fucking tell me first where my son is!!!" Chase scolded her.

I was frozen from the spot, couldn't be able to move even a finger as I looked at him with fright. I've never seen Chase being this angry. His jaw was clenching, eyes surrounded by tremendous darkness and danger. He looks ruthless and cruel. He holds no mercy and I'm afraid that he could kill that woman if he won't control himself.

The woman suddenly bore her eyes to me. They're already teary but still sharp.

"Why are you still standing there! Help me!!!" she scolded.

Chase looked on my direction, eyes still glaring. For a quick moment, I think I saw his eyes become soft. My breathing hitched when I looked at him but it was so quick I immediately got frightened when darkness clouded his eyes again.

"Get inside, Allison . I just have to deal with this useless woman—"

"Chase, you're hurting her. . ."

He smirked. "She deserves it. This is the woman who fucking hide my son from me—"

"Chase, that's why I'm here! I-I have to tell you something about him. He's lost!"

Chase immediately looked back to the woman. So he is the mother of his son. She's Colleen. I tried to look at her and find any resemblance with Reil but there is none.

"What do you mean he's lost?" Chase let those words like a dangerous growl.

Chase hold on her tightened. From being white, his complexion suddenly became pale red. Veins on Chase's hand were showing out — a sign that he's exerting too much strength.

"Chase, please. Calm down—"

"I said get inside, Allison. Don't make me repeat myself—"

"You might kill her, Chase! Can you please calm down first and let's talk about the problem?!" I shouted back at him. I feel like I have to shout just to get his attention because by he's reaction towards the woman, he will not listen to me if I won't do that.

No words come out from him. He's still pushing the woman against the wall, hand on her neck while glaring at her. I can see the woman is already weakening probably because of struggling too much with Chase. She's weak but still glaring at Chase as she struggles on his hold on her.

Chase suddenly dropped his head down, breathing raggedly as if he's trying to calm himself. He bore his eyes on the woman for a while before abruptly removing his hands on her neck.

He turned his back, put his hands on his face like he's about to burst. I watched him move with frustration as he suddenly bore his sharp eyes against me. I suddenly wanted to drown from where I stand and regret about restraining him towards the mother of his child. I have a strong feeling that he will pour his wrath on me, because I interfered. But I felt like it was the right thing to do.

He closed the distance between us without removing his cruel eyes from me. I was already convinced that he will let his anger towards me when I was shocked that he hugged me instead and jail me on his arms for a tight embrace.

"How can you manage to calm me at times like this?" he asked, his voice was hoarse and strangled while caressing the back of my head.

I took a deep breath, closed my eyes and leaned my forehead on his broad chest.

"I don't want you to do anything that you will regret after, Chase."

He didn't answer me right away. He just keeps on caressing my hair in the most gentle way he can as if he's trying to calm himself more by doing that.

"My own angel inside my hell. . ." he whispered across my ear before I felt his lips on my hair. "Have to deal with this, baby. I promise I'll be gentle."

I opened my eyes after he said that. I accidentally looked at the woman and saw her glaring her eyes at me but I dismissed it. I'm somehow occupied by the thought that she's maybe Azriel's mother. It's possible.

Chase faced her. The woman bore her eyes on him as fright invaded her orbs. Her lips twitched as she watched Chase approach her.

"Care to tell me what you mean by that, Colleen? Where is my son?" Chase asked.

Where is your son Colleen? If you say he's lost, how was he lost? Did you intentionally left him by the shore and not come back?

"I don't know. We're in the grocery store when I told him to wait for me because I had to buy something and I couldn't bring him with me. When I got back he's no longer there Chase. I swear I tried to search for him but I failed! I can't find him—"

"After hiding him from me for almost four years, this is what you're gonna inform me? You're telling me you lost my son because of you being an irresponsible mother?"

Colleen shook her head several times as her tears stream down her face. However, despite those tears streaming down her cheeks, I can't find any sincerity through her words.

So the kid was lost in the grocery store and was not left intentionally at the spot I saw Reil?

"I didn't want that to happen, Chase. You know how much I love our son—"

"Our son, huh? You dare to tell me that after you fucking leave this country and brought him with you? Damn you. You should have just left Aiden under my care if you would raise him instead with your lover. I don't give a shit if you flirt with whoever you want. I just want my damn child!" Chase shouted which made me flinch.

Colleen looked down. "I'm sorry. Meynard and I. . .we're already done."

I gasped upon hearing the name she said, my heart was beating so fast.

Meynard? If I remember correctly, Meynard was the name Reil said when I asked him about his father. He calls him Papa Meynard. Could that be Colleen's lover? The man thought by Reil to be his father?

Chase laughed sarcastically. I am literally holding my breath as I looked at him. He's staring at Colleen, disgust filled his eyes.

"And do you think I care about the two of you? I already told you, Colleen. I only want my son. If it's not him, we have no business to take care of."

Colleen shook her head several times and walked towards Chase. She tried to hold his hand, tears were sliding down her cheeks.

"I know I was wrong when I left with our son, Chase. I made a mistake and I admit that. I regret that. I'm back and maybe we can work out—"

"In what part of the statement I don't care about you that you do not understand? How did you even think that I want to work things out with you?" he chuckled. "Are you fucking nuts?"

"We have a son, Chase! No matter what you say, I'm part of your life—"

"Aiden is the only one whom I consider part of my life, Colleen. I never considered you as someone special, not even once . . ." He stepped forward, Colleen stepped back until she was leaning on a wall. Chase leaned on her ear and I can almost feel Colleen holding her breath. "Do you see the woman back there?"

I gulped when Colleen set her eyes on me. They became sharp and piercing.

"She's the only woman I will let to be part of my life. The only woman who has the power to tame the beast in me. Remember her face, Colleen . . ." he leaned even closer to her and whispered, "Because you have no match against her."

Colleen pushed Chase hard he causing him to slightly push back. He's chuckling as if he finds her reaction entertaining. He returned beside me while still having a dark grin on his face. He placed his hand above my shoulder as we both faced Colleen who's throwing daggers at us.

"That woman you are bragging, she will never stand you, Chase. She will find a man who's far better than you! A man she truly deserves and not a monster like you!" she yelled.

She then turned her back on us and walked towards the gate. She went inside her white car and immediately left. I was left dumbfounded, unable to understand what I heard from Colleen.

"She know about your condition, Chase?" I asked not minding to look at him.

He sighed. "I think so. That woman is so aggressive. Chase really hates women like her."

I froze from where I stand when I heard that. I looked at Chase, holding my breath. He then looked at me with a sweet smile plastered on her face. He removed his hand from my shoulder and suddenly looked at his nails.

"I think I need some nail treatment today. What do you think, Allison? Maybe you can join me. I'm sure deary Chase won't mind." he chuckled like a fine lady.

He turned his back on me and walked straight inside the house. I swallowed hard and follow his tracks. He's standing and walking straight. He's prim and proper like an elegant woman.

"Come inside, sweetheart."

Samantha. . .

I ate lunch with Samantha instead of Chase. I'm still not use to meet his other personalities but I don't feel afraid. One thing I notice whenever he's changing, they don't seem to remember what really happened.

But they're aware that they're stealing the light from each other.

Samantha excused herself as she will take a shower. She said she wanted to go to a salon for a nail treatment. I agreed. I'm just wondering if she actually thinks of putting some color on her nails.

What would happen if Chase returned? I'm positive he would freak out seeing color on his nails.

I was sitting on the bed, feet above the mattress while leaning against the head board. The sound of the water gushing down the tiled floor was playing in my ears.
I believe my gut feel about Chase and Reil's connection. I have a strong feeling that Aiden and Azriel are the same person. Regardless of the reason they have different names, that I can't answer and I chose to ignore. I badly want to know what their connection with each other is.

And I have something in my mind to make that happen.

The door from the bathroom opened. Half naked with a white towel wrapped around his hips, Samantha met my eyes. I showed a small smile. He didn't smile back so I'm kind of surprised because Samantha loves to smile. Instead he looked at me intently like he's studying my face.

"Are we going?" I smiled awkwardly.

"Where are we going?"

My brows furrowed. He walked towards my direction and sat beside me. Water droplets are crawling down his slightly wet chest. I looked down. He held my chin and made me look at him. His eyes were brooding and perilous.

"Who did you meet this time?"

Chase is back.

"U-Uhm...I-It's Samantha."

His jaw clenched. "And where would she take you?"

"She wants to go to a salon, Chase. She wants to have a nail treatment."

His eyes shut tight. He released a sigh, opened his eyes and shook his head.

"I just wish that woman doesn't think of painting my nails red."

Despite the difficulty in his voice and the pity I felt on his situation, I cannot help but laugh at him. Even him released a dry chuckle. I know this situation is making him feel hard but I'm willing to understand him all the way. I'm happy and proud that despite this situation, he's still trying to take things lightly.

"That's fine. I'll just remove it once you return."

He shook his head; a little smile was etched on his lips. He took my hands and pulled me towards him. He hugged me and kissed me at the tip of my nose. Hugging him this close made me smell his fresh scent of cool shower.

"I have a therapy on the other day. Do you want to come with me?" he asked.
I nodded even if he doesn't see me. "Of course. I'll come with you."

He breathed out. "You sure?"

"Yes. That's fine Chase. . ." I answered him back. "But for now, can you please be the one to come with me?"

He loosened his hug on me and looked at me to my eyes.

"Where are we going?"

I bit my bottom lip, already decided on what to do. I don't see anything wrong if I introduce them with each other. I just want to confirm things. If they won't recognize or feel anything towards each other then that would be fine.

But I know that it's impossible.

"In our house Chase. I just want you to meet someone."