Chapter 37

I honestly don't know what to feel hearing Theo saying goodbye to me back when we were at Dra. Silvan's office.

Does it mean that he won't switch with Chase anymore? I've already learned to love his alters. Even if Allistair and I still haven't fixed our issue, I've also learned to love and accept him as he is part of Chase's personality. Samantha and Richard as well. Especially Theo.

But I know that it's for the better. In the end, I know that Chase will get better. He's slowly learning to control his mind. But even if they bid their goodbyes, I know there are moments that they will still come out because they are already part of Chase's life no matter what happens. I'm hoping though, that it won't be that often.

There's no cure for DID.

"Have you already packed your things?" Chase asked while we're on the way to our house.

I licked my thumb after putting the donut inside my mouth. I asked him to buy me these donuts after his session with Dra. Silvan because I suddenly craved for it. I just nodded as a response to his question.

"Done packing already. Even Mama and Reil have packed their things as well." I answered, my mouth was still full.

He told me that the house in Makati is all set. Up to now, we still don't have any clue as to the identity of the person who left the toy for Reil. All we have is a hunch and a possibility that it's probably Colleen who actually initiated it. We didn't have the time to focus on it since we're still ecstatic about the news that Chase and I are having a baby soon.

I then took another donut from the box and bite from it, savoring the sweetness whilst my eyes closed. Chase bought a dozen and honestly, I feel like I've eaten at least five pieces which is not usual considering he handed me the box for just a couple of minutes.

This is soooo delicious. . .

"We'll leave tonight—"

I wasn't able to finish with my question when I accidentally glanced at him and found him with a naughty smirk on his lips. His eyes are still focused on the road though.
"Why?" I asked.

"Does it feel heaven?" he chuckled.

One of my brows raised. "What?"

He glanced back at me. His lips pointed out the box of donuts on my lap and focused on the road again.

I pouted. "It's so delicious Chase."

"I can see that, baby."

"I don't know why. I'm not a fan of sweets but now I feel like I can eat dozens of these the whole day and still crave for more."

"Not healthy for our baby."

"I know. Don't worry, just for today Chase. I would just indulge myself for today, I promise. Are you actually worried I might get fat eating sweets?"

One of his eyebrows rise as the car stopped right in the middle of EDSA. It's pretty traffic.

He glanced at me, arms crossed before slightly facing me.

"I'm not after your body, Allison. I always see myself falling in love with you through thick or thin."

I was giggling inside and a scream wanted to get out of my throat but I tried not to because it's actually going to be embarrassing as Chase is with me. I smiled at him and he smiled back.

"You're my exact definition of Venus, baby girl."

And the feeling still hasn't changed at all. Every time he calls me that endearment, I still feel giddy and happy at the same time. I remember, he loves to call me that and it was also the same endearment he called me the very first time we met.

Among Theo and Allistair, it's only Chase who calls me that way. Theo used to call me babe. While Allistair on the other hand, just calls me by my name. He didn't even call me Allison. It's always been Tanya for him.

We arrived on our house in no time. As soon as Chase parked the car in front of our house I immediately saw Rich outside their house. He's leaning against the hood of his car, his eyes were on our direction.
So, he's returned already.

"Is he waiting for you?" Chase asked while looking icily on Rich's direction.

"I don't know. Probably not. Why would he wait for me anyway?"

"He's looking at us. I thought he's already gone."

I bore my eyes at him and glare at him.

"What do you mean he's gone? Like dead?"

Chase glanced at me and chuckled. "Silly. Why would I even think of that? I always see him looking at your house from afar. I thought he already left as I haven't seen him for a while."

My lips protruded. "He's actually a pilot that's why he's always out of town. He just went on a vacation and then returned back to work. It's actually very impressive if you ask me. Even his mother is proud of his achievements, most importantly, she's proud that she has a son that's a pilot."

"You sound proud of him, too."

"Not really. I'm just really impressed of what he has achieved. Isn't it that being a pilot is not easy because of the difficult training you have to undergo?" I said giggling.

"Tss. Which airline is he working for?"

I glanced back at him. "From what I know, he works with Philippine Airways. Why?"

"Will buy that airline for you. Just don't praise other man in front of me."

I couldn't help laugh at him. He was frowning while still looking ahead of us. I poked him on his waist to tickle him but it's no use. I remember he doesn't have any at all.

"Why, are you jealous Saavedra?"

He gave me a side glance before rolling his eyes on me. What the?! Since when did he learn to roll his eyes on me? From what I remember, it was only Theo who does that to me.

Then probably...

"Theo?"

He frowned even more and raised his eyebrow before finally looking at me. "I was only gone for a few hours and you're already looking at some other man."

I frowned at him. "You bid your goodbye and told me you won't switch with Chase anymore but here you are again."

He sighed and looked away. "You triggered me."

"What are---"

And then it dawned to me what he meant by that. I remember that he had a bad experience about his parents. His mother cheated on his father and he might be thinking that I'd do that to Chase too just because I was praising Rich.

I smiled timidly at Theo even if he is not looking at me. I moved a little closer and reached for his hand. He didn't even flinch or move away which made me smile even more.

"I was just appreciating him, Theo. I wouldn't do more than that. Did you miss me that much you decided to switch with Chase again?"

He bore his hooded eyes to me and scoffed. I blinked several times when he suddenly closed the gap between us and crashed his lips to mine. He caressed my cheek and stared intently into my eyes.

"Stop triggering me, babe. Or I might switch with Chase in times you don't expect me to," he smirked. "That's actually in my favor so I wouldn't complain. Wanna see you every fucking minute."

I laughed at that. Honestly, I don't mind if it was Chase or Theo I am with. Just as long as they don't bicker at each other that much, I'm good with it. Another thing was, I saw how Theo treats Reil, it's as if he is really Chase at that time. If they switch again, I don't think it would be a problem at all.

It didn't take long and Chase returned. He was shaking his head as I laugh at him. When we step down his car Rich was already gone. He immediately went inside his car and left. He was probably really waiting for someone else. It was perhaps just a coincidence that we saw him outside.

"Daddy!"

Reil was all smiles when Chase and I went to my room to check for him. He threw his little arms against Chase. He carried his son and looked at him. Everytime they face each other I can't help but be amazed at the fact that they exactly look the same.

"Ready to move in to our new home tonight?" Chase asked.

"I am, Daddy! But why tonight? Can't we just move in right now?"

Chase and I looked at each other. I only smiled for an answer. It was my decision to actually move out at night, when the neighbors are actually asleep. I don't want them to make any gossip about us and our decision to move away. Even mama didn't want to make any fuss about it.

"Reil, your Daddy has to finish something important first so we'll have to move at night." I reasoned which he immediately agreed to.

So even if there's really nothing else that Chase needs to do, he had to leave so we could justify our alibi to Reil. He said he will come back around nine in the evening. It's only eight o clock and everything is set on our end.

While cleaning up the dishes my phone beeped for a message. I put down the plates and got my phone on the table. There's a text message from Chase.

Chase: I'm on my way there.

Me: Alright. Take care.

"I will miss this house Tanya." Mama said which made me looked up at her.

I put my phone down the table and looked at her. She was leaning on the refrigerator's door while eyes are roaming around the house.

"We will not sell this house Ma. We will still come back here. Just think of this as a vacation for all of us."

She chuckled when she looked back at me. "Vacation? Then what, I will age there. Whilst you start your family with Chase."

I released a sigh. "Are you not comfortable with this decision of coming with us Mama?"

She smiled sparingly. "It's not that. I just really feel emotional because we will be leaving this house which has so many memories and has become a vital part of our lives. I think there is a term for that."

"Separation anxiety, Mama."

"Yes, that's right. I feel like I'm experiencing that. How about you, aren't you sad about us leaving this house and this place?"

I gave her a faint smile. "Of course I'm also sad Ma. It's just that you know how Chase badly wanted to protect his son especially as Colleen already did some harm with him before. We cannot just disregard that and take it lightly."

She nodded. "I understand. Just don't mind me. I'll get used to it in the future."

After I washed the dishes I got the trash and decide to throw it on the garbage can outside. I saw Reil sitting on the couch while watching TV.

"Reil, can you go with me outside to throw the trash on the garbage can."

That has become our habit every night. He has been used to accompanying me whenever I go out to throw the trash outside.

"I'm so excited, Aunt Tanya. Is Dad on his way already?" he asked while we are walking outside the gate.

There are no people loitering on the street and the surrounding is very quiet. We can actually move out peacefully.

"He's on his way here. He'll be here any minute."

I pulled up the cover of the trash bin beside the gate and put the trash inside. Just right after I closed the lid on the trash bin a black van stopped in front of us.

I looked towards the van's direction and was actually surprised when someone got down from the van and grabbed me. Three men wearing a black mask went out of the sliding door and jumped to the concrete ground.

I felt Reil's grip on me tightened. I stepped back and held his arm while my heart continues to beat rapidly inside my chest. Before we could run, Reil was suddenly grabbed by one of them.

"Azriel!" I shrieked on a hoarse voice. "Who are you?! What do you want from us!!!" I shouted.

Two men hold me on my arm and grabbed me towards the van. They are forcing me to go inside while I kept struggling away from them.

"Aunt Tanya!" Reil sobbed as he also struggled from the man's hold on him.

"Reil!"

I felt Reil's hold on me loosened as he was forced to come inside the van. I even saw them cover his mouth by a handkerchief. I tried to struggle from their hold on me but they were strength was no match with mine. Their grip on my arm was very firm.
"Let me go!" I shouted again.

Before I could scream for help I felt someone punch me on my stomach causing me to stumble down while they are still holding me. Immense pain circulated in my stomach. Fear consumed my entire being as I thought of the baby inside my tummy.

It was then that a handkerchief was placed on my mouth silencing me. The smell of it made me feel dizzy and exhausted. Dragging me inside the van was the last thing I remembered before my vision became blurry and I completely lost consciousness.