Chapter 36

Cold and intense air filled my chest as Chase pulled me with him when we both entered the private room. Different charts and posters about DID were hanging on the wall. The huge chandelier above the ceiling was giving the whole place a dramatic ambiance with its pale yellow light.

Chase closed the door behind me. We looked at each other and smiled. He cupped my cheek and gave it a soft caress. It's then I saw a woman probably in her late fifties who is seating on a single couch, browsing through a magazine while legs are crossed. She then looked up, probably felt our presence.

A smile crept on her old rose shaded lips. Somehow, it sent shiver deep down my spine.

I slowly pulled Chase towards the couches there. We then stopped in front of the old lady.

"Dra. Silvan..." It's Chase who spoke first.

The old woman closed the magazine and placed it over the center table. She then fixed herself, sat straight and looked directly towards Chase.

"It's been a while, Chase." She said.

"I'm sorry I wasn't able to attend my appointments for the past schedules. I have someone with me, her name is Allison. My girlfriend."

One of her brows rose as she bore her eyes into me. With the way she looks at me, it's pretty obvious that she has a lot of questions running through her head.

Still, she gave me a warm smile.

"How are you, Allison? I'm Doctor Silvan."

She extended her hand to me and I quickly accepted it.

"Good morning, Dra. I'm Allison Valmonte."

"It's nice to meet you," she said and then let go of my hand. She looked back at Chase with a questioning look. "Does she know? I'm already assume since you brought her here."

"She knows everything. She can to talk to them." Chase answered meaningfully.

Dra. Silvan shot her brow up as if she couldn't believe what she just heard.

"Your alters?"

"Yes. They're communicating with her most of the time."

She didn't speak upon hearing what Chase told her. She looked at me. She stared at me for a little while and smiled.

"Let's sit down," she said instead.

Chase helped me to carefully sit down. I'm aware that Dra. Silvan was watching us carefully. My every move was as normal as possible until Chase and I both faced him.

"She's pregnant..." Chase informed her.

She nodded her head. "That explains the extra care you're giving to her. Congratulations to the both of you."

I smiled sparingly. "Thank you, Dra. Silvan."

She nodded her head and looked at Chase again.

"How are you, Chase?" she asked.

He sighed. "To be honest? Better than ever. I'm not having nightmares anymore. I'm slowly learning to contain my anger, too."

"And your alters? Does the switching still happen most of the time?"

Chase shook his head. "It's only Theo who keeps on fronting. The rest has been quiet these past few days."

Dra. Silvan nods her head several times. "That's a good sign, Chase. Any reason why Theo keeps on switching? Perhaps triggers?"

I glanced at Chase. He also looked at me and breathed a sigh.

"Allison is his trigger..."

Chase has been telling me about that for quite a while now. He's already aware that his twin alter has feelings for me. He didn't say anything or reacted violently when he found out about it. He's just thinking that if that's the case, Theo might probably want to be the front as often as possible.

"He's in love with her."

Dra. Silvan suddenly let out a soft laugh that made me look at her. I don't see any emotion on her apart from probably finding what he heard very funny. She actually looks thrilled.

"This is really something. For the first time, Theo and Chase has finally agreed on something huh? He's your contrary to everything, right? He hates all that you like. Everything that you agreed on was not to his liking. It surprises me to hear that for once in your life, you actually have something that you both agreed on. Don't you think it's a good news?"

Chase chuckled. I also laughed as well. Dra. Silvan is actually right. Chase and Theo always argue at everything but because of me, they end up compromising with each other. I'm actually not sure if that's something I myself should be thankful for.

"On top of that, I'm happy to hear that your situation is somehow getting better. Allison is definitely the key for all of you. Were you already communicating these past few days, Chase? I mean, you and your alters?"

Chase then hold my hand and gently squeeze it.

"With the help of Allison, yes. Aside from Theo who keeps on ignoring us. He's acting up again." he sighed and shook his head.

"Allison?"

I looked at Dra. Silvan when she called me. She gave me a light smile.

"Can you talk to him, hija?"

I blinked several times before asking. "You mean Theo?"

"Yes. We want to know what his plans are why he keeps on fronting—"

"I don't have plans, if that's what you want to know. I keep on fronting simply because I want to be with Allison as much as possible."

Dra. Silvan and I both looked at Chase when we heard him. He has a serious expression on his face but it's somehow laced with sadness.

"It's been awhile, Theo." Dra. Silvan greeted him.

Theo didn't response and looked at me instead. He flashed a little smile that somehow pinched my heart. I don't know why I can see sadness on his eyes.

"My parents divorced when I was still young. Mom cheated on Dad for whatever reason. Even at a young age, I can't understand why she cheated on my father when in fact, he did nothing wrong with her, instead he gave everything for us, he was nothing but a good husband for her. She chose his bastard over us and that fueled the anger in my head. I wasn't able to do anything to help my father save their marriage, our family. Me and Samantha. I keep on asking myself if we're not worth to be chosen. And then I grew up thinking that all women are just like my Mom. Not until I met Allison..."

I was literally agape at what I heard from him. I wasn't able to speak at all. I couldn't even name an emotion on his face for he looks too vague. I wasn't even surprised knowing he treats Samantha as his sister.

Chase's mind created Samantha when his only sister died. He cannot accept that his only sister died and so as a defense mechanism he created Samantha to replace her lost sister. Same with Richard. He's the young Chase. The child who's shielded from the painful memories. Though in Richard's case, he only remembers his childhood memories.

That's why Chase's memories were parted into pieces. Theo, Allistair, Samantha and Richard — they each hold a part of his memory.

"Did Allison change your views when it comes to women, Theo?" Dra. Silvan asked.

Theo shrugged his shoulders. "Definitely. I thought she's also like my mother who's only going to play Chase's feelings, only to find out that she's one of a kind. Funny is, I've learnt to love her too."

I sighed. His words kept lingering in my mind and no words could get out of my mouth. Theo doesn't take his eyes off me as if this is the last time he will see me.

"But you're aware that she has a relationship with Chase, right?"

"I am. And I'm not going to meddle with them."

Theo suddenly breathed an audible sigh and stood up from the couch. He was pacing back and forth while massaging his neck like he's in a very strenuous situation. I looked at Dra. Silvan and saw that she is already looking at me. She's smiling but her eyes tell me otherwise.

Chase then walked back towards my direction. He's drilling his pair of dark caramel eyes into mine. A silent gasp arises in my throat when he squatted in front of me and held my hand.

"Always take care of the baby. I may not be right in front of you all the time but I want you to know that I'll be guiding you. We will all guide you, Allison..."

He brought my hand on his lips and kissed the back of it. My heart clenched when I saw his eyes become glassy and bloodshot. Because of being a mestizo it was obvious how red his face was.

He lifted his eyes and gazed at me.

"I will always, always be thankful that I had the chance to meet you. Thank you for understanding us. For accepting who we are. For showing us that we can be loved, too."

Tears formed at the corner of my eyes as my lips shiver. Not able to keep my tears from falling anymore, I decided to look down instead in order to hide them.

I heard Theo chuckle. "I'll try my best not to switch with Chase anymore. But I hope you would still allow me to switch with Chase sometimes when I feel like I'm missing you. It will just be a quick switching, I promise."

I chuckled and pinched him at his arms. He groaned but he's still laughing. Though, I noticed that his eyes are still gloomy and sad.

"Thank you, Theo." a soft whisper came out of my lips.

He shook his head and wiped the tears from my cheeks with his thumb.

"You and Chase deserve to be happy. Take care of each other, Allison..." he uttered and pulled me gently for a comforting embrace.

I couldn't help but sob at the intense emotion he's giving me, because the truth is, in the short span of time that I've known Theo, I was able to love his personality. I will definitely miss his sense of humor. Especially his being a villain when it comes to my relationship with Chase.

"I love you." Theo murmured before he switched with Chase again.