Chapter 19

CHAPTER 19

I can't help smiling widely at the appreciation of the beautiful surrounding I am seeing. From the large trees to the blue vast sea which seem to be immeasurable to the naked eye. Chase asked me to ride on his yacht and I couldn't get more excited knowing that we would be able to tour around the sea. It excites me more to know I get to be with him.

I tried to clear my mind first of his situation. I have to know more about his disorder and as much as possible, learn it. I know what he's going through is not easy. He said that there's no cure for it but I don't want to believe him. He will be better. . . he can get through all his struggles. . . and I'm always behind him to see him succeed.

"This is a good spot for diving. You wanna try it?" Chase asked. "I have equipment here that we can use."

He's standing behind me, his arms were wrapped over my belly, his chin on my shoulder. The strong wind is blowing my hair, I gathered it up and set it aside on one side of my neck.

"Probably next time."

"You don't know how to swim?"

"I know how to swim. It's just that it's been a while when I last swim, it's been years and I was still a child back then."

I felt him nod. "I love to swim especially on the deep part of the sea. It feels like whenever I'm diving, I can escape from them."

I looked at him. He must be looking at the vast sea staring at nothingness yet he's actually deep in his thoughts.

"Is it hard?" I asked in a small tone.

He sighed. "The word hard can't even suffice how to describe it, Allison."

"Don't lose hope. I'm certain you would get through this. Don't let your condition consume you. You can't let your past get the better of you."

"What if I fail in the process—"

"Don't think about any negativity. I'm here to help you. I don't know what I can do to help you get better from your condition, no matter what, I will still be by your side to help you."

The wind blew his hair, eyes narrowing a bit. I can clearly see how sharp and pointed his nose is. As much as I want to admire how handsome he is as a man, I can't. Sadness overwhelms all that is beautiful in his physical appearance.

"You haven't seen me at my worst. I don't think you would still choose to stay with me if that day comes. . ."

I smiled, put my hand at his back while tapping it gently.

"Do not worry. I'm a woman of my word. I'll stay."

He turned to me slowly, staring into my eyes without any smile on his face. He's really gloomy that no matter what he does to hide it, it's still evident. Instead of letting him see that I'm affected by the profound sadness in his face, I tried to become cheerful.

"I'm not a normal man, Allison. Why stay with me?"

I looked away from him and stare ahead at the sea.

"Because I promised you..."

"That's all?"

I don't think this is the right time to tell him how I feel. There's a perfect time for that.

I smiled widely when I turn to face him. "Why don't you go for a swim instead? I'll watch you from here. I'll wait for you."

He stared at me, I'm pretty sure he noticed how I deliberately ignored his question. He finally pulled his intense eyes away from me and sighed.