Chapter 16

"I'll miss him, Aunt Tanya. I hope he'll come back soon."

I scratched my forehead upon hearing those words from Reil. Rich left this morning to return to work. He dropped by our house to bid goodbye before finally leaving. He wanted to see Reil first but I told him that it's not a good idea.

Reil is already too attached to him. If the kid would see him leave he would surely be sad.

"Your Uncle Rich would come back in no time, Reil. You'll be surprised one day he'll just come knocking on the door like he hasn't left. Don't be sad anymore. He left you his Play Station, right?"

He wiped a little amount of tear on the side of his eyes and nodded once, still unconvinced with my explanation.

"I know. But it's still different when I'm playing with him. How about you find a boyfriend so I'll have a new playmate?" he anchored his eyes on me.

I blinked then chuckled at his remark. "What are you thinking? Why did we even get to me needing to have a boyfriend?"

"I just thought that if that happens, I'll be able to have a new playmate even if Uncle Rich is away. Don't you have a boyfriend, ate?"

I feel like I'm not really talking to a kid with this kind of conversation we're having. The way he really talks make him look like a young man.

"I don't have a boyfriend, Reil."

Chase's handsome face suddenly pop up my mind. It's been two days since we last saw each other. That's the time we made out inside his car. The same day I thought he'll have dinner with us but something came up. He said he'll make it up some other time instead. I really don't know what happened, probably some urgent matter he has to attend to. He didn't text or call me anymore and as much as I want to text him first, I want to respect his privacy.

He would call whenever he wants to. I still can't fathom the fact that he wanted to court me. I'm not really sure about his feelings towards me. Men like Chase holds no guarantee that he'll take me for serious. I have so many reasons to doubt him. Even how much I wanted to believe him.

"I heard your conversation with Chase the other night, Tanya. Is it true that you already gave yourself to him?"

I flinched on washing the rice grains when I heard that from my mom. My heart thumped at her question. I'm like a kid who was found doing unnecessary things.

Mama is busy cleaning the fish she will be cooking for lunch but I know her focus is still on me.

"M-Mama..."

She heaved a sigh, still not looking at me.

"You're old enough, Tanya. You already know what's right and wrong. I will not question your decision because I know you have your reason. Whatever that is, I just hope you remember what I told you to always use your head. More often than not, you have to use it because heart do not see reason, our mind gives reasons which the heart fails to see. Do you already have feelings for Chase?"

Her gaze wandered over my face and I suddenly feel unguarded. I was the first one to look away and continued what I'm doing even if I'm already distracted by our conversation.

"Isn't it too fast, Mama? Is that even possible?"

"If that's not the reason you have for surrendering yourself to him... then, what's your reason, Tanya?"

That made me think. Mama is right. I don't have any reason apart from the strong attraction I feel towards Chase. No matter how long or short the span of time is, the fact remains it's still possible for that to happen.

"Don't even be surprised. It already happened whether you wanted it or not. Even I fell to your father without me realizing it. But as they say, if you fall fast, you'll end up hurting in the end."

I pouted while looking at my mom. She also anchored her eyes towards me. She has a small smile on her face, probably skeptical of her words.

"You can change that saying. But that will still depend if you would allow yourself to get hurt on the process."

For some strange reason I felt scared. I don't have any idea what would happen to Chase and I, especially if he is serious on what he said about courting me. I feel like there's something I still have to know about him before I totally give in. That I still need to be wary and refrain my heart from falling deep because in the end, I might regret it.

It's just seven in the evening when we had our dinner. Reil is already yawning and rubbing his eyes like he's already sleepy.

"Are you sleepy, Reil?" Mama asked him.

"Yes, Mama Mercy."

"Alright then. After dinner, your Aunt Tanya will tuck you to bed. Sleep early so you can rest well."

He smiled a little and nodded his head. Right after dinner, my mom said she will take care of washing the dishes we used. While I on the hand is preparing Reil for sleep.

He is already asleep around nine o clock in the evening. He's hugging me on my waist while lying beside me. I'm just sitting down the edge of the bed combing his straight hair.

The door creaked. I deliberately looked at the door as I saw a shadow on the wall from the lamp's reflection. It's then I saw my mom peeking through the door.

"Is he asleep?" she asked whispering, cautious we might wake Reil up.

"Yes, Mama. Why?"

She ambled towards me slowly. "You have a visitor waiting at the living room."

My brows furrowed. "Who is it?"

She only smiled at me as if she has no plans of giving me specific answer.

"Just go out and see for yourself."

My brows furrowed even more at that. Who would come see me at this hour? I don't know anyone who would come this late.

I carefully removed Reil's hand from hugging me. I gathered my long hair and placed it on one side before I walked out from the room.

Maybe it's Michelle? She told me the other day she would visit me because she would offer me a side job. She said it's still related to painting and art.

I walked out of the room. Within a few steps I already had a glimpse of the living room. I parted the curtain made of shells and was surprised to actually Chase sitting down on one of our two seater sofa.

Our gazes met.

"C-Chase!" I shrieked.

The corner of his lips lift for a smirk. "Hey..."

I blinked my eyes repeatedly. My hands become all sweaty and cold by his presence. What is he doing here?

Nervous, I forced a smile, walked closer and sat on the couch across him. He raised his brow.

"You're too far, Allison."

I scratched my forehead before finally sitting next to him, with still a few meters of distance from each other.

He looked at our distance with his cruel eyes before releasing a sigh. He anchored his gaze at me. I glanced back at him but decided to be the first one to look away because of the familiar tension his stares gave me. I cleared my throat and chuckled to hide my awkwardness.

"What brings you here? You didn't tell me you were coming tonight?"

"I just arrived from a business conference in Thailand. Sorry for not informing you."

That explains his business attire. He's wearing a white button down shirt tucked in black slacks. He's even wearing a tie but is a bit loose already. He also has his navy blue coat beside him that is hanging on the back of the sofa.

I smiled at him. "You just got back overseas, you must be tired. Why did you even go here? You should have gone straight home to rest."

He bit his lower lip while staring intently into my eyes. His chest rose as he released a deep breath.

"I wanted to see you," he uttered. "So bad."

I wasn't able to respond. I feel my cheeks heating up while he's staring intently at me. His eyes show how exhaustion from his flight but despite that he still looks ridiculously handsome to me. I even think like he's even more handsome when he looks weary. I don't know. No matter what angle and what clothes he wears, he still looks ridiculously handsome.

Chase held my hand as my eyes went there.

"Come closer. . ." he said.

I immediately followed his command. This is too early to conclude but I feel like I'm the submissive between the two of us. Chase is the type of person who doesn't know how to kneel and be humble.

Without letting go of my hand, I sat near him. . . leaving no space between us. He made me lean against the sofa and jailed me inside his arms. He was leaning at the back of the sofa while looking intently at me. He then brought his hand on my cheek and caressed it tenderly.

"I missed you. . ." he whispered huskily. "Did you miss me?"

I swallowed hard. My heart was beating so loud that I can even hear it with my own ears. I feel like I'm going to faint with the way he looks at me. It's so deep I feel like I'm drowning.

"Words, Allison."

I nodded, feeling embarrassed of my confession. "I-I miss you too."

He nodded, satisfied with my answer.

"If I asked you to come with me somewhere, would you let me?"

My brows furrowed at his question. "Why are you asking? Where are you going to take me?"

Chase brushed the side of my lips in a feathery way while looking at it.

"I want to bring you somewhere private," he placed a soft and gentle kiss on the side of my lips, so gentle I closed my eyes to savor it. "Just the two of us."

Just as I open my eyes, I felt my heart skip a beat. He gave my lips soft kisses before licking it in a smooth and passionate way. It's inviting me to something I know I won't be able to say no.

"Would you feel scared?" he added just before I could give him an answer.

"O-Of course not. Is there a reason for me to be scared?" I asked in between his kisses.

His eyes were close. And when he unlocked it and met mine, shivers ran down my spine.

"A lot...: he whispered using his hoarse and deep voice. "But as much as I can I'll hold back."

I brought my hand on his cheeks and gently caress it. From being merciless, his eyes went soft and calm. Yet, they still look dangerous for me.

"Don't hold back. Let me see everything. I want to know you, Chase, flaws and all."

He nodded his head, decided. "I'll let you know me better and deeper than anyone, Allison."

"Would you let me?"

"I will let you. Just promise me one thing."

I took a deep breath and stared at him. "Anything..."

He then pressed him lips against mine, he's not moving but it stayed there for a couple of minutes. I watched him close his eyes as if he's savoring this moment with me. When he opened his eyes, I was taken aback on how dark they were.

"Once you get to know me, please stay." It's not an order but more of begging.

I bit my lower lip, unconsciously nodding my head like it's meant to be my answer. Like I was meant to stay with him no matter what.

As soon as I did that nod, he slammed my lips for a torrid kiss that I instantly fought back. It's not that long for he's the one who pulled away and gave me a soft peck on my forehead. He embraced me, his rugged breathing was making love with the side of my neck.

"Welcome to my stubborn life, baby."