CHAPTER 3

"i'll be darned if you last a month in this company" the receptionist said to Scarlett at the parking lot as she was about to open her car.

After her tragic call with zoe ended Scarlet threw  herself Into work, she sorted out the twenty four cases according to their level of importance and emailed them to Roman, by the time she was done it was already pass eight, she sighed and rolled her eyes at how fast the time flew, she picked up her bag and left her office, the whole place was already dead silent, and it didn't surprise her one bit,  She greeted the guard at the gate.

"And you are?" scarlet asked and turned to face her.

"As expected, too full of herself to recognize the person who let her in, well my name is Hailey and like i said dont get comfortable cause you'll be out in no time" hailey said and walked pass scarlet and made sure her shoulder brushed hers.

scarlett rolled her eyes and got into her car, that was the most childish conversation she has ever had but she wasnt one to overlook a threat, so she was going to make sure she kept her guards up.

As she drove to the house which was a twenty minute drive away from the office, she couldn't help but let out a breathe as she reminisced on her day, today was indeed a funny one, first Ramon's Attitude  was something she knew would be a pain in the ass for her, she had to find a way to get into his good books because one thing she hated was being at war with her employer, she didn't fancy the Arrogant Display he put out today, for God sake they weren't teenager's or kids, and as if that wasn't enough she had to let her best friend down again, zoe has always been there for her ever since they were in high school but in return she has been nothing but a disappointment when it comes to their friendship, well she was goal driven and she had to sacrifice so many things to get to where she was now and her friendship with zoe really  recieved the backlash of it, how zoe remained her friend even upon her lack of commitment to their friendship baffled her.

But this time around she knew she has really messed things up and zoe might hold this against her, she let out a breathe again and increased her speed limit, she decided to tuck her thoughts at the back of her mind and enjoy the quiet night drive, she was definitely going to sort everything out tomorrow.

When she Got into her apartment she threw her bag on the chair and kicked her shoe to a far end of the sitting room and made her way to her bedroom, she took off her jacket and pants and placed them on the sofa in her bedroom, cleaned her face with wipes and went straight to bed, as her body came in contact with her bed she let out a moan of satisfaction.

"Home sweet home" she muttered.

Then sleep claimed her and as always she fell into the same nightmare that has hunted her for years.

Like every morning the sound of the alarm clock brought her out of the unfortunate nightmare, she rolled her eyes as she took in her reflection, she never woke up looking  anything special although she has always gotten the attention of men because of her looks and body stature, she had thick dark shinning hair that cascaded down her back thanks to her Latina blood traits and had curve's in the right places, her behind was something that has caused heads to turn all her life, her slender waist and firm boobs also made her the more attractive,  but yet every morning she woke up looking like something the cat dragged out.

As fast as she could, which was now a habit Scarlet took her bath and got ready for work, today she wore a black sleeveless bodycon dress that emphasized every curve in her body with a matching black stiletto and black bag, well Ramon told her to study her work environment, since he was a lover of black she was going to rub this beautiful colour in his face, she put her hair up in a ponytail and applied little make up, when she was done she took in her reflection in the mirror and boy was she satisfied, she picked up her silver coloured blazer and dark shades and left the house.