Chapter 28

"We need to talk sir," Scarlet said as she entered Roman's office.

"Never barge into my of......."

"Am getting married to Zack" Scarlet said cutting whatever Roman was about to say off.

"What?" Roman asked.

"Am getting married to Zack I came here to tell you the good news..personally" Scarlet said.

"I forbid you from doing so," Roman said.

"You can't stop me or forbid me sir with all due respect" Scarlet said.

"I can and I have, I'll never let you marry him so stop this nonsense and get back to work," Roman said with his brows knitted together in a frown.

"Am sorry sir, but even as my boss you can't stop me from marrying who I want to, I and Zack am getting married and I hope you wish us well" Scarlet said and left his office.

What she was about to do was very dangerous but she had to, she needed to get to the bottom of Zacks's little game, Even though she just killed his brother and rubbed it in his face, She was going to go ahead with his plan but not as his pawn.

"Scarlet" she heard someone say behind her, but even without turning she knew that voice too well.

"Yes sir," Scarlet said and turned to face him.

"Don't do whatever you think you are about to do" Roman said.

"I've made up my mind already sir and I don't think this is something that should be discussed in the hallway don't you think?" Scarlet said.

"I'll get to the bottom of this I promise, but I forbid you from marrying him, You like playing dangerous games but this time around you are not the only one involved..... there's a child you should be worried about," Roman said.

Scarlet froze for a minute when he mentioned the child, she took a step towards him closing the gap between them.

"What do you know about the child?" Scarlet whispered.

"That it's mine and that you have a lot explaining to do Scarlet or should I say Davina" Roman said.

"I-I-I- what?- you- I have nothing to say to you," Scarlet said and turned to leave but Roman grabbed her hands and took her back into his office.

"Start talking," Roman said when he closed the door of his office.

"I have nothing to say to you," Scarlet said.

"I don't think so Davina.. that's the name you gave me remember?" Roman said.

"My name is Scarlet Amelia Finn I don't know what you are talking about," Scarlet said.

"Trust me you know exactly what I am talking about and I am going to find my daughter till then you are forbidden from putting her at any risk whatsoever, you will NOT marry Zack," Roman said emphasising the not.

"When did- No the question is who the hell do you think you are to tell me what to do?" Scarlet said

"I am your boss and the father of your child and I have every right on earth to tell you what to do when it comes to the safety of my child," Roman said.

"How did you find out about her?" Scarlet asked.

"The only reason why it was hard to find her and you was because you gave me your real name back then and I forgot it cause we were both drunk but thanks to Zack I remembered the name and trust me I have every resource on earth to find whoever I want, but I'll give it to you scarlet, you hid well," Roman said.

"I am marrying Zack," Scarlet said.

"Okay if you insist but I am going to take my child away from you 'cause you'll end up putting her in harm's way at this rate," Roman said.

"Don't get involved Roman black Don't you dare get involved" Scarlet said and closed the gap between them.

"I will scarlet 'cause she's my child, I know she's mine," Roman said.

The two stood that way for a minute staring into each other's eyes, like there was a silent war going on between the both of them, Both their brows were knitted in a frown and even though Roman towered over her, Scarlet was just as intimidating as he was.

"I am her mother I gave birth to her and I alone will protect her," Scarlet said firmly.

"I gave you something to birth and protect so I have equal rights to protect her in the way I dime fit," Roman said.

"This is exactly why I kept her away from you, I don't trust you," Scarlet said angrily.

"But then you scream my name louder than anyone and still don't trust me?"Roman said and leaned over her.

"Stay away from my child and I'll do whatever I think is right for her," Scarlet said and left his office.

When she entered her office she was surprised to see Alexa sitting on her seat with a smile plastered on her face.

"What are you doing?" Scarlet asked and crossed her arms on her chest.

The last thing she wanted was another awful conversation like the one she just had with Roman, Everyone seemed to be testing her patience today and there was just as much as she could take.

"We need to talk," Alexa said.

"Not while you are sitting on my desk," Scarlet said.

"I have a deal for you Scarlet and I advise you to take it," Alexa said.

"I'll only listen when you leave that sit," Scarlet said.

"The seat isn't important when the life of your child is involved," Alexa said with a smirk on her face.

"How dare you threaten the life of my child," Scarlet said and slammed the table.

"Tsk tsk tsk temper temper, you need to calm down this won't help your case," Alexa said.

"You think am scared of you?" Scarlet said.

"No, cause I am not here to fight you either, All I want is for you to resign, get another job and stay very far away from Roman, that's all," Alexa said.

"Then you don't know me, I never do what anybody wants, Now leave my office," Scarlet said.

"Your daughter is in the Maldives in your real father's private estate, this picture should prove it," Alexa said and placed a picture of Scarlet's daughter on the table.

"How dare you?" Scarlet said without looking at the picture.

"Leave Roman alone, he's mine, I alone have the right to be with him, I've worked so hard to keep the both of you apart for years, I will become Mrs. Black and I don't need obstacles like you and your daughter in my way, leave the company go join your child and live a quiet life, or else I might have to show you the other side of Alexa I promise you wouldn't want to see," Alexa said.

"I don't know how you know what you know and I don't care if you want to become Mrs Black neither do I care if there's another side to you cause all those things are not worth my time, but when you threaten my child that's when I care and trust me I don't take threat's lightly," Scarlet said.

"Then leave so there won't be any need to spill any blood, stay away from Roman, I'll leave this here," Alexa said then stood up and left the office.

"Shit!" Scarlet said.

***********************************************+************* ROMAN&SCARLET.

Thanks for reading.