Chapter 44

"No baby... I...I will always love your daddy okay...the doctor is just a friend and friends talk closely...Adult friends get close when they talk sometimes not all the time" Scarlet said stuttering a little.

"Yeah right," Sofia said with a smirk on her face that made her look just like her dad.

"You need to eat baby... your mum would always care about your dad okay?" Scarlet said then began feeding Sofia.

"I'll be downstairs waiting okay," Xavier said then left the room.

"How do we get to Dad mum?" Sofia asked when she was done eating.

"In a few days, we will be able to leave the island I'll be able to get in touch with your dad okay?" Scarlet said then gave her a peck on the forehead.

"Right now I just need you to rest then we could go downstairs when you are well rested..I need to go talk to your doctor okay?" Scarlet said then tucked Sofia in the bed.

"Sure mum," Sofia said then closed her eyes.

Scarlet watched her for a few more minutes before leaving the room to find Catarina, but when she got downstairs she met Catarina and Xavier having a heated argument that surprised her.

"Stay away from her Xavier!" Catarina said.

"I get you are concerned but trust me I can handle it," Xavier said.

"Handle it? Yeah right! the same way you have been handling it for the past six months! Stop it already! For once put yourself first!" Catarina said.

"Cata," Xavier said when he saw Scarlet.

"erm sorry for interrupting you guys, I could come back later," Scarlet said with her brows knitted together in a frown.

"No...No are you here to see me?" Catarina asked.

"Yeah but I could come back," Scarlet said.

"No it's fine I was done here already," Catarina said then gave Xavier a very angry look then went into the kitchen.

"I know it's not my business but I think you should listen to Catarina" Scarlet said with a brow raised.

She couldn't explain why she was feeling jealous at the moment which was the reason why she had a frown plastered on her face and why she was angry at Xavier, She didn't hear all their conversation but the fact that another woman was involved and by what she heard Xavier was finding it hard to let her go made her angry. Who was she? and why on earth was Xavier still holding onto her? These were the thoughts that made her angry.

"It's none of your business," Xavier said.

"Whatever," Scarlet said then went to the kitchen to meet Catarina.

"What's wrong with what I am saying, Lucia? I am just looking out for my brother" Catarina said angrily then gulped down a glass of orange juice.

"I Know but you need to calm down," Lucia said who happened to be an elderly woman.

"So sorry about that scarlet. I didn't mean for you to see that" Catarina said.

"It's fine..but what exactly is the problem?" Scarlet asked.

"Xavier doesn't want to give up on his one true love a lady who has constantly hurt him for years. It's as if she cast a spell on him! he doesn't see through her manipulations and it's annoying...he's constantly forgiving her tell me how that makes sense!" Catarina said angrily.

"Calm down Cata this isn't the way to go about it," Lucia said then robbed Catarina's back to calm her down.

"I'm just tired Lucia..am so tired" Catarina said.

"But you should know that Xavier is old enough to make his own decision You can only suggest things but at the end of the day it's totally up to him," Lucia said.

"Lucia is right Xavier is old enough to make decisions I believe you should let him be.....by the way, I came down to ask something of you," Scarlet said.

"What is it scarlet?"

"I need to reach Sofia's father it's important and the truth is keeping us here longer than this would bring harm your way and I don't want that cause you've been nothing but good to me and my daughter, but it would be selfish and wicked of me to keep staying here until they find us," Scarlet said.

"Okay?? is there something you need to tell us?" Catarina said with a suspicious look on her face.

"I am not someone you should keep around for a long time...else you would be in harm's way," Scarlet said.

"I still don't understand you scarlet.. what...what exactly are you saying?" Catarina said.

"My name is Scarlet Amelia Finn and I am sure you have heard of me. I work for Roman Black" Scarlet said.

"Oh wow! you are scarlet Amelia Finn?? Now it makes sense when I felt you looked familiar...But how does helping you put us in harm's way?" Catarina said.

"Cause Roman Black would go to the ends of the earth for me and his child and if he finds us on this island he wouldn't see you as a friend Instead am very sure he would see you as an enemy, "Scarlet said.

"His child?" Catarina asked with an unreadable expression on her face, Scarlet couldn't tell if she was worried or happy about the information.

"Yes, I and Roman had an affair ten years ago or rather a one-night stand that resulted in the birth of Sofia... I just need to get back home I don't want to bring any harm your way" Scarlet said.

She knew she wasn't supposed to reveal this much to Catarina but she had to, she couldn't stay here any longer, this whole thing was taking too long and she needed to end it, her father, Mr Finn and his minions, Roman, She needed to end it all so her child can grow up peacefully, Sofia didn't deserve to suffer this much cause of them, but first she needed to get off this island, besides hearing about Xavier's love life and him being stuck to one woman made her upset, she felt stupid for letting him get under her skin so easily.

"Okay... I'll call the chopper now Sofia is awake and stable I believe it's safe to travel now," Catarina said and left the kitchen.

"Here is a glass of juice for you," Lucia said.

"Thank You," Scarlet said and took the glass of juice from her and placed it on the table.

"Do you know what this means for them?" Lucia said.

"What?" Scarlet asked with a raised brow.

"Sofia is their Niece," Lucia said.

"What?!.....what do you mean?" 

"She means Sofia is my Niece," Xavier said behind Scarlet startling her a little.

"How is my child your niece?" Scarlet asked her brows knitted together in a frown cause what they were saying wasn't making sense.

"Xavier Dont" Catarina said as she entered the kitchen.

"What's going on here? Catarina make this make sense how is my child your niece?.... Are you saying what am thinking?" Scarlet said.

"That means you knew who they were Catarina... that explains why you insisted on treating the child," Xavier said.

"Catarina, can you tell me what is going on? Roman Black can't possibly be...." Scarlet said.

"Yes, Scarlet Roman is our Brother...Same mother Different Father's" Catarina said.

"What?!" Scarlet said.

***************************************************************************************Thanks for Reading.

xoxo.