Chapter 17

The knock on the door brought Scarlet out of the nightmare she was having.

"Aaaaarrgh" Scarlet groaned.

"Can I come in?" She heard someone say at the door.

"Come in" Scarlet whispered more to herself.

The door pulled open and a mature woman walked in with two maids behind her.

"What?" Scarlet asked without looking at who it was.

"Oh is that the way to talk to your future mother-in-law?" The lady said.

"What?" Scarlet said and got out of bed.

"Oh, you are as beautiful as he said you were," the woman said with a smile on her face.

"Excuse me? Am sure you are mistaken and who are you?" Scarlet asked with a frown on her face.

"Oh am sorry for not introducing myself properly, my name is Genevieve Zack's mother and your future mother-in-law," Genevieve said with a warm smile on her face.

"Nice meeting you Genevieve but I am sorry you got this all wrong, I am not your soon-to-be daughter-in-law in any way, I'll just be here for three days and I and your son are not even friends, to say the least" Scarlet said.

"Oh I know dear, Zack told me..and am so sorry for how they brought you here please forgive us but this island has been a secret for so many years, some customs can't be broken......so sorry about that" Genevieve said.

"What do you want?" Scarlet asked as she was not in the mood to continue any further discussions with this woman.

"Oh..... am here to make sure you are comfortable and properly taken care of..you know Zack knows nothing about hospitality so am here to make sure you do not lack anything," Genevieve said her warm smile unwavering.

"By eight am in the morning?" Scarlet asked.

"Oh sorry about that dear a bad habit ....we all are early birds here so sorry I'll come back when you've freshened up, we would love to have breakfast with you Amelia" Genevieve said.

"It's scarlet to you," Scarlet said as the frown on her face deepened.

"Oh...my bad. I'll be on my way now would be expecting you at the breakfast table" Genevieve said and left the room with the maids she came with.

Angrily Scarlet kicked the bed stand, it was obvious that everyone in this house was hell-bent on frustrating her, both mother and son were unbearable to talk more about meeting the whole family, the thought of it alone annoyed her.

The sound of her phone ringing brought her out of the train of annoyed thoughts she was having, she went over to the table where her phone was and picked it up, the caller ID wasn't registered on her phone and it irritated her already.

"Hello"

"I believe you are of good behaviour I don't expect less" a voice she recognised too well said

"Roman?" Scarlet asked irritated.

"Is that how you greet your boss?" He said.

"Good morning Mr Roman" Scarlet said and rolled her eyes.

"Alexa would be picking you up next tomorrow but until then I expect you to handle everything professionally ...am I clear?" Roman said.

"Last time I checked sir I am professional enough to know these things" Scarlet said.

" I doubt... after what you did two days ago I can't let you handle anything on your own" Roman said.

"That was a mistake," Scarlet said.

"Exactly why I need to make sure you are of good behaviour," Roman said.

"If that will be all sir I would love to go take my bath as I am expected at the breakfast table," Scarlet said.

"Good," Roman said and ended the call.

It took every form of self-control in her that prevented her from Throwing her phone away, she placed the phone on the table and took deep breaths to calm her nerves down, she was losing her cool and that was against her principles, after a few seconds of breathing in and out she decided to take her bath.

As the warm water sipped into her skin Scarlet began to feel her nerves relaxing, she soaked herself deeper into the bathtub craving more of its soothing warmth, after spending a few minutes in the bath she came out of it and dried her body with her towel.

As she patted her wet hair with water she couldn't help but stare at her reflection in the mirror, but the lady in the mirror was unrecognisable, she had changed in just a few months of working with Roman, everything about her down to her composure had changed and she hated it, she hated how Roman got under her skin so easily, she hated how her emotions were out of control these days, she hated everything that changed in her.

But as she stared at her reflection in the mirror she made a decision, she wants going to allow any of these things to get under her skin anymore, she is the most feared lawyer for a reason, everything she has achieved so far was hers for a reason and she wouldn't let Roman or zack or anyone at all make her loose focus, over her dead body.

When she was done solo quizzing she left the bathroom and went into the walk-in closet where she picked a pair of blue Jeans and a black T-shirt, since she wasn't in the mood to dress up she decided to pick something comfortable and a pair of Jean and Ts always came in handy.

After drying her hair with the hair dryer she found she packed it up into a messy bun and in a few minutes she was ready to leave the room, since she was going for a comfy look she left her hair in the messy bun, applied a little lip gloss, wore simple accessories and that was all it took.

As Scarlet descended the stairs she heard the sound of people's voices coming from what she presumed was the dining room, she sighed as she got closer to the dining, and Scarlet said a silent prayer to the heavens to help her overcome whatever she was about to face.

"Oh, there she is..our beautiful daughter-in-law "Genevieve said when she saw Scarlet which brought everyone's attention to her.

"Yeah right this is going to be a nightmare"

Scarlet mumbled to herself.

********************************************************************* ROMAN & SCARLET.

Thanks for reading!!

Surprise update cause I love you all so much!

IMPORTANT INFORMATION!

*INTRODUCING PATRON SUBSCRIPTION:

So Based on popular demands from my readers that always ask for quicker and more chapter updates I decided to double-task myself just for you guys by making a patron subscription.

*What is the patron subscription?

The patron subscription gives you access to New chapters days before they are posted here on Wattpad which means quicker updates, specific days for updates and also you get to read ahead! When you subscribe to any of my patrons' packages you get the New chapter ahead of Wattpad and also get to read the next chapter weeks before it's being updated here on Wattpad, there is also a discord to discuss the book and patron shoutout's !!! So click on the link below ⬇️ and become a patron today!

patreon.com/Victoriousallen22

Xoxo