Chapter 38

"i dont think you understand the gravity of the shit we are in....this is Don Pablo we are talking about you need to know that without roman we are dead and gone...all of us" Carlos said.

"That's why we are moving" Roman said gaining their attention.

"Roman" scarlet said.

"I am moving you and Sofia to my safe house on a different island, its not safe here anymore" Roman said.

"No...I wont allow you move me around this way and like i said I'll handle this issue myself" Scarlet said.

"This is definitely not the time to bicker scarlet... i cant face him until i know you both are safe... for once scarlet dont be difficult" Roman said.

" Whats your plan almighty Roman black? i would love to hear it" Scarlet said.

"Am moving you and Sofia to the northern island where i know you both will be safe..i cant face Pablo head on until i am sure that he cant touch you or Sofia" Roman said.

"Any you think he wouldn't find us there? do you really know who my father is? even if we run to the ends of the earth Pablo will find us" Scarlet said.

"That's exactly why i am sending you to the north scarlet....please work with me here i know you think you father is some god but trust me, i can protect you cause you and Sofia are my life and I'll do anything to keep you both safe...but scarlet i need your cooperation i need you to trust me" Roman said.

'fine I'll give you the benefit of doubt just cause of Sofia but one mistake and am out just one....when do we leave?" Scarlet said.

even though she knew she might just have set herself up for failure, she decided to give him a chance to prove that he could protect his child, at least it would reassure her that Sofia was well protected.

"Prepare yourself you leave tonight" Roman said and left the room.

"you are making the right decision" Carlos said when Roman left.

"I hope so Carlos I really do hope so" Scarlet said.

She went over to where Sofia laid on the bed and placed a kiss on her forehead then tucked a loosed strand of hair behind her ear, she wiped off the tears that were threatening to spill with the back of her palm and stood up immediately.

"Ill go pack up please watch over her i wont be long" Scarlet said and left the room to go pack her things.

Carlos went over to the door and locked it he then brought out his burner phone and dialed a number.

"They are moving to the northern Island boss.......yes.....yes sir" He said then ended the call with a devilish smirk plastered on his face.

"Am so sorry little Sofia that you are cut up in all this my love..but your mum decided to thread on dangerous waters and its just so sad that you are cut up in all of it" Carlos said then placed his thumb on Sofia's Lips.

"You were promised to me and ill do anything to have you in my bed" He said then leaned over in an attempt to kiss the sleeping Sofia but scarlet opened the door startling him.

"Carlos?" Scarlet said.

"scarlet---i----i was scared she wasn't breathing any more" Carlos said nervously stuttering a little.

"oh..ok" Scarlet said giving him a skeptical look for a brief minute.

"Go pack up you are coming with us" Scarlet said.

"Sure" Carlos said and left.

Scarlet Gave him a suspicious look as he left the room but then shrugged it off to concentrate on preparing her daughter to be moved, few minutes later roman entered the room with four men who were going to move Sofia's Bed.

"Ready?" Roman asked.

"Yeah" Scarlet said and stood up from the bed.

They moved Sofia's bed out of the room with her parents following behind, there was a chopper waiting to take them in the compound, when they got to the chopper Sofia's doctor and nurses were already in the chopper waiting to receive her, the men transferred Sofia from the big bed to a smaller one that could fit into the chopper, after successfully getting her into it Scarlet, Carlos and three of romans men followed suit.

"I love you" Roman said to scarlet then placed a kiss on her forehead.

"Bye" Scarlet said then the chopper rose to the air and left.

The helicopter ride was quite, scarlet didn't take her eyes off Sofia for a minute, her daughters safety was paramount to her, but the unknown danger they might face or would face ahead of them tugged at scarlets heart, even though she wanted to trust roman one hundred percent the fear of her father was a feeling she couldn't simple shake off, she knew his strength, she knew how ruthless he could be, she knew her father couldn't care less about his family as long as you not dancing to his tone he sees you as an enemy.

The only comforting thig for her at the moment was that she also didn't also know roman's strength and what gives him confidence that he could take on her father, but she was left with no other option than to have a little faith in him, she had to believe that even though he may not be able to totally crush him totally he would at least inflict a little damage on him that would cripple him and give her time to come up with a plan that would end his tyranny, she had to have a little faith in him.

" Hey" Carlos said.

"yeah"

"you seem lost in deep thoughts...everything will be alright i promise" Carlos said.

"sure if my enemy wasn't my father... you know him Carlos you know how he can get... he wouldn't think twice to put a bullet in any of our heads I can bet everything on it" Scarlet said

"But you have to have some faith in Roman dont you? you have to believe in him a little" Carlos said.

"Easier said than done you know, if only i knew Romans strength if only i know he has something my father doesn't" Scarlet said.

"Well he does and that's you, he has you scarlet and the both of you are the best force that could ever stand against your father" Carlos said.

"Thank you" Scarlet said.

"Doctor why is she still like this? When will she wake up?' Scarlet asked and placed the back of her palm on Sofia's head.

"She would ma'am at her own pace" The doctor said.

"when would we land?" scarlet asked one of roman's men sitting beside her.

"Soon Ma'am we are almost at the island" The man answered.

But the next thing that happened threw scarlets life out of balance and she never got to her destination, their chopper was attacked by a sniper who shot the pilot on the wheel making the chopper to loose balance and began crashing into the ocean.

"What's happening!!!" Scarlet screamed.

"The pilot is dead" the man beside her said.

"Sofia" scarlet said and quickly went over to where sofia laid.

"I'll protect you ma'am don't worry" the man beside her said but as he stood up to load his gun he was shot on the head and so was everyone around her, doctor and nurses included, everyone was killed.

Immediately Scarlet covered Sofia shielding her from the sight of the sniper as the helicopter crashed into the ocean.

******************************************************************ROMAN&SCARLETT

THANKS FOR READING.

Hello lovelies thank you so much for reading my work, thank you for patiently waiting for my updates, you all are so amazing and I love you all so much!

Things are becoming interesting and I would like to say that we have officially entered the juicy phase of this story so kindly fasten your seat belts cause things are going to change from here onwards!!!!!
Xoxo