Chapter 40

"Xavier" Catarina said.

"Who is this? Dont tell me you brought them here Catarina you dont even know these people" Xavier said calmly with his eyes fixed on Catarina.

The beauty of the man that stood in front of her took the words or reasoning right out of scarlets mouth, saying he looked like a Greek god was so underrated, he was the finest man she has ever laid eyes on, his hair was as dark as the night sky, his full eye lashes complimented his greyish colored eyes, his perfectly carved brows that had two cuts on the left side made him look dangerously handsome along with his perfectly carved stubble beard, there was no doubt that he was as fit as a god from how his sculptured body made the white shirt he had on look like so good like a front cover model on a magazine with the first two buttons undone and two sleeves rolled up, the tattoos that graced his both arm made him look sexy and dangerous at the same time. scarlet wished she could rip off his shirt and feast her eyes on the magnificent view of his body and the fact that he stood six four feet tall towering over her was the icing on the cake.

"She's only trying to help" Scarlet said in an attempt to get him to look at her.

"Catarina send them back to wherever they are coming from" Xavier said ignoring scarlet.

"The child needs help Xavier i cant send them away just like that, besides the jet would be back in ten days so there's no way they can leave the island and you know there's no Wi-Fi or network here so we cant call them back...they'll be here for just ten days" Catarina said.

"Wait...there's no network here?" Scarlet asked surprised.

"Its a get away island" Xavier and Catarina chorused.

Xavier had a frown on his face while Catarina had a smile on hers, Scarlet couldn't help but roll her eyes at them.

"Then how do I make a call?" Scarlet asked.

"You cant, we made it this way so we can actually enjoy the peace and quite of life" Catarina said.

"Catarina A word" Xavier said and left the room.

"Excuse me" Catarina said and followed him.

Scarlet let out a deep breathe and turned to face her daughter that was still fast asleep, well unconscious, she held her small hands and placed kisses on them, every single time she saw her child in this state it broke her heart all over again.

"So sorry baby...mummy is so sorry" Scarlet said as she placed kisses on Sofia's hands.

The door was pulled open by Catarina who was accompanied by two maids that each had a trolley of food with them and the nurses from earlier on.

"Food is ready...you havnt eaten anything for four days and that not healthy" Catarina said as the maids placed the tray of food on the bed.

"Thanks" Scarlet said and picked up the spoon on the tray, the tray was fikled with difrent types of food, from pasta to soups, to chicken fillets and wigs, waffles and pancakes too, fruit slices and two glass of juice.

"Well we didn't know what you'll like so i told them to make little of everything...hope that's okay" Catarina said.

"Sure its fine...but how would Sofia eat i see you brought food for her too" Scarlet said.

"These are liquids and ill be feeding her through a feeding tube a nasogastric feeding tube so no need to worry" Catarina said then went over to where Sofia was laying down and started the procedure.

Scarlet watched as Catarina and the nurses were inserting the tube through Sofia's Nose, the sight broke her heart all over again, her child was suffering and it was all her fault, if she had left the room earlier that day maybe she would have been able to protect her child, instead she was being stupid with Roman, one thing was sure she would never forgive herself. That's when she remembered Carlos and the fact that she hasn't seen him since the crash.

"Catarina is it just i and my daughter you found at the shore?" Scarlet asked.

"Yes were you with someone else?" Catarina replied .

"Yes a friend" Scarlet said.

"We actually found Sofia first then you" Catarina said.

"Wonder where the ocean took him" Scarlet muttered under her breath.

"Eat up... your food would get cold" Catarina said and continued the process on sofia.

Scarlet really had no appetite to eat but she knew staving herself wont do her or Sofia any good, she had to be in the best state in other to take care of her, so she let out a deep breathe and started eating whatever she could and before she knew it half of the food on the tray was gone including the two cup of juice.

"Wow didn't know i was that hungry" Scarlet said when she finished the last cup of water on the tray.

"We are also done here" Catarina said.

"really?" Scarlet said as she stared at her daughter who had a tube in her nose now.

"Yeah I've given her the right amount of nutrient i can now administer the antibiotics but i'll give her a few minutes" Catarina said with a syringe in her hand.

"thank you" Scarlet said to the maids who came to clear the table.

"If you would like to shower the bathroom is behind that door, thankfully you have no serious bruises just a scratch on your arm so you wouldn't be needing assistance in the bathroom" Catarina said.

"Oh Thank you" Scarlet said.

"So when do i get to know your name?" Catarina asked.

"Scarlet....the name is scarlet" Scarlet said.

"Nice meeting you scarlet" Catarina said and gave her a smile then went back to attending to Sofia.

Scarlet got off the bed and made her way to the bathroom as she walked she noticed she felt a little pain on her leg and it made her limp a little, she turned to look at Catarina who was still taking care of Sofia, she didn't know why but something inside her trusted Catarina unexplainable but she did, she pushed open the bathroom door and was amazed by the beautiful decoration for just a bathroom, who ever owned this room really was extra, the bathroom had a black and gold interior, it was magnificent.

After taking off her clothe she entered the bathtub that somehow had a bath prepared, the water had a minty sweet fragrance to it and she loved it cause it was somehow soothing, so she buried herself underwater for a few minutes just too soak herself in the beautiful fragrance that some how washed her worries away.

"What the hell" She heard someone say and quickly came out of the water.

Where she saw Xavier standing towering over her and the bathtub in nothing but a small towel that was tied loosely on his waist, her eyes traveled from his knitted brow down to the beautiful bulge that was in between his leg and embarrassment washed over her but that's when she remembered she was naked and right now she was flashing her boobs at him. so she screamed.

"GET OUT!!!!!!!!!!!" Scarlet screamed.

******************************************************************************************************************** ROMAN&SCARLET.

THANKS FOR READING!

ALSO DONT FORGET LIKE,VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE THIS BOOK!

XOXO