Chapter 27

"Please Don't cause you will regret it," Michelle said and left the office.

Scarlet picked up her phone and dialled a number she swore she would never call until she fulfils her promise, but like they say, Desperate times call for desperate measures and she would rather be a step ahead than wait till these people show her what they could do, she had to make sure the one thing she cared for on earth was safe before she goes into this fight.

"Where is she?" Scarlet said immediately the person on the other end of the call picked up.

"Safe," the person said.

"Well, I doubt that I need proof she's safe," Scarlet said.

"My word is enough Ava She's safe"

"Send me proofs else I'll burn everything to the ground I'll end it all and come for her and I'll kill anyone or anything that stands in my way, Send me proofs before the end of the day," Scarlet said.

"You are not permitted to see her Ava and you know it, If you come for her it will cost you your life and you know this," the person on the call said.

"Then I'd rather take my chances than depend on just your word and trust me I'll beat death for her, I've done it before, send proofs or I will come for you. Father" Scarlet said and ended the call.

Scarlet sighed and placed the phone on the table, Her life has never been easy and she has gone by many names but hearing him call her the name she hated the most after so many years was offensive to her, only her father called her her real name AVA, a name she hated because of all the blood Shed that was attached to it, and by her father, she didn't mean Mr Finn, her past wasn't her problem right now, she just had to make sure her child was safe.

Her phone beeped and quickly she picked it up, it was a message from a hidden number, she opened it and almost immediately a tear ran down her face, it was a four seconds video of her child, a child she hadn't seen for eight years now, a child she fought for, the only reason why she was here was because of this beautiful child.

scarlet replayed the video over and over again, at first, it was because she missed her but then as she replayed the video she studied the environment where she was and that's when she realized that her father had moved her child to a place even she didn't know and it brought a kind of relief to her, now she could play this game with Zack and his minions without worrying about her child, she played the video one last time then deleted it, and all over again she felt the pain of leaving her child just like eight years ago.

"Hello Scarlet," Zack said as he barged into her office.

"Heard of knocking before entering? It's something reasonable people do but am sure you can't relate" Scarlet said and rolled her eyes.

"That's not the way to greet your husband you know" Zack said with a cocky smirk on his face.

Scarlet let out a breath and rolled her eyes, if they weren't in an office environment and if she didn't have a reputation to protect she would have put a bullet in his head a long time ago.

"What do you want? Or no I'll rephrase How would you like to annoy me today?" Scarlet said.

"We need to go for your dress fitting today so am here to pick my bride," Zack said and took the seat in front of her.

"Zack end this stupid idea now before it's too late, I have things to do, I am a very busy person and you popping up everywhere is beginning to get on my nerves," Scarlet said angrily.

"Then marry and get this over with," Zack said.

"No one ever tells me what to do, I do what I want and I don't and won't marry you I'd rather kill you and spit on your lifeless body than marry you," Scarlet said as her brows knitted together in a deep frown.

"Then I'll expose you scarlet if you don't marry me I'll send proofs of the clients you've murdered over the years, and trust me this isn't a bluff," Zack said.

"What's wrong with everyone threatening me today, Look I promise that before you send that proof I will put a bullet through that thick skull of yours, Stop this madness," Scarlet said sternly but dangerously.

"You think killing me will stop this? This is way bigger than me, You aren't getting the point here Scarlet or should I say, Davina, this is beyond what's on the surface and I am not the mastermind of this whole charade, we are all a piece in the master's grand plan, you have the easiest task of us all, you don't have to betray your best friend" Zack said.

"Spare me that bullshit Zack you have always been an enemy, a wolf in sheep's clothing and I do not care about your master plan, I have my plans and you are becoming a hindrance to it," Scarlet said.

"You want to kill the father of your child I know your plans scarlet, we are both working on the same plan I'll just take the burden off you and the guilt, that's all but it's a win-win situation," Zack said.

"If you think that's why am here then you are stupid on every level," Scarlet said and stood up from her chair.

"Don't deny it else why will you be here?" Zack said.

"Last time I checked I don't owe you an explanation Now leave my office," Scarlet said.

"You'll regret this scarlet I promise," Zack said and stood up.

"No, I won't The only person that will regret anything is you and that bastard betrayer," Scarlet said.

"What?" Zack asked.

"Tell Finn that I am coming for him and that he made the greatest mistake of his life the day he decided to betray me," Scarlet said.

"How.....how...how did you know?" Zack asked stuttering a little.

"Ask your dead brother, Sorry you can't ask him 'cause he's already dead, Stop messing with me, Zack. I am capable of bringing hell to your doorstep, My condolences by the way he was such a sweet boy," Scarlet said with a devilish smirk on her face.

"You're lying it's a lie- it's a lie- a big lie," Zack said trembling with fear and disbelief.

Zack's cell phone rang and with trembling hands he picked up the call, It was Genevieve, she called to give him the worst news of his life.

"How dare you?!" Zack said in pain as tears ran down his face.

"Threaten my child's life again and the next news you'll hear will be the death of yours, I warned you," Scarlet said and left her office leaving Zack behind.

*****************************^**************************************** Roman&Scarlet.

Thanks for reading.