CHAPTER 5

"How do i have five law suits filled against me and i was told that i have the best freeking lawyer in the country, explain scarlett" Roman said.

"I warned you against this Mr Roman, but you refused, you turned down all my legal advice" scarlett said.

After her encounter with zoe and their dinner that was rudely interrupted by some of respondents calls and demands, scarlet threw herself into work, this was suppose to be a walk in the park for her if only mr roman agreed to settle outside court, the cases were meaningless and exhausting.

Now here she was on a monday morning explaining to him why he should have withdrawn the cases, roman was just stubborn and it was getting on her nerves.

"Because your so called advice was to sit idle and do nothing" he said.

"With all due respect sir, I didn't tell you to withdraw those cases cause I wanted to sit idle and do nothing, I knew this was how things were going to play out, you can't sue the plaintiff for things that a simple am sorry can fix and think it won't backfire, and now due to your status and reputation you can't seriously attend this court hearings, all this was what I was trying to prevent sir" Scarlett said and took a deep breath.

"Mr Roman I advice we go for settlement outside court, so all this can be resolved as soon as possible" Scarlett said again firmly.

"Leave" roman said then turned his back to her.

It took every sense of professionalism in her to leave without rolling her eyes at him, when she got to her office she sighed and took her sit, this was harder than she thought, who knew the richest man on Forbes magazine was just a glorified child and also a very stubborn egocentric human being that was created to frustrate her and get on her nerves.

It took every ounce of control she had not to scream and throw her mac book to the wall, one thing she lacked was the patient for impractical things like these, she didn't accept this position to go back square one, hell no!, this was the peak of her career, this was suppose to be when she gets the true power she has worked all her life for, not deal with irrelevant things like a case filled against an old woman cause she was walking too slow, it was simply pathetic.

A knock on the door brought her out of the mental turmoil she was going through.

"Come in" scarlett said as she fixed the strand of hair that was dangling in her face.

A blonde petite girl walked into her office with a sheepish smile on her face, which made Scarlett raise a questioning brow at her.

"Hello miss Scarlett, my name is Michelle Amos and am your new secretary slash P.A" michelle said sheepishly.

"Oh..welcome, when were you employed?" Scarlet asked as she fought the urge to roll her eyes at the lady in front of her, but that would only be transfer of aggression and that wasnt her style.

"This morning ma'am" Michelle said and finally had the courage to look scarlet in the eye.

"Ok Michelle nice meeting you, you may leave now, I have a lot of work to do, just dont get in the way and we wont have a problem, understood?" Scarlett said.

"Yes ma'am, I....I....I'll let you be now" Michelle said stuttering a little.

"Good, get me a cup of coffee tho" scarlett said and began typing on her keypad.

"Yes ma'am, and...I also want to say, I admire you alot, you inspire me miss Scarlett and I wish to be like you one day, thank you so much for giving me this opportunity to work with you" Michelle said, her admiration for Scarlett was visible in her eyes.