Chapter 45

"Roman is our mother's child from her second husband hence the different surnames" Xavier said.

"So you are saying you are Roman's Elder brother?" Scarlet asked.

"Yes," Xavier said.

"Then I need to leave this place as fast as possible," Scarlet said and left the kitchen.

As she made her way upstairs her heart raced in her chest, Everything was complicated now and it was embarrassing, How could she have a child for the younger brother and then have a stupid crush on the elder brother who was still stuck on his first love, what a beautiful love triangle she has created for herself, so the sooner she leaves this place the better for her.

"Hey baby," Scarlet said when she entered the room and found her daughter awake.

"Hi Mum," Sofia said.

"I have good news for you, Scarlet said and got on the bed so she could cuddle her daughter.

"Good news? what is it?" Sofia asked as she rested her head on her mum's shoulders.

"We will see your dad soon," Scarlet said.

"Mum?" Sofia said with excitement.

"Yes, 'cause we would be leaving in an hour," Scarlet said.

"That's so wonderful mummy I finally get to see daddy!!" Sofia said excitedly.

"Yes, so I need you to prepare and make sure you are ready when I get back okay?" Scarlet said and placed a kiss on her daughter's forehead before going to open the door for the maids who came to help Sofia get prepared while she went to take care of things.

Scarlet went back to the kitchen and met Catarina and Xavier Arguing again which made her roll her eyes, seeing them argue was the last thing she needed at the moment, all that was important right now was leaving this island so she could be as far away from Xavier as possible, she had wasted too much time here already and it has distracted her from her plans and goals if she couldn't destroy roman now then she had to end her father's tyranny she didn't have the luxury of time to nurture any unwanted feelings or create any unnecessary love triangle, her daughter's life was at stake here.

"Excuse me...I'm sorry to interrupt but I just want to let you guys know that we will be ready in an hour I hope the chopper gets here on time" Scarlet said gaining their attention.

"Oh yes the chopper is almost here I believe in forty-five minutes it will arrive" Xavier said.

"Okay...Thanks" Scarlet said and turned to leave.

"Scarlet wait!" Xavier said stopping her from leaving.

"I... we need to talk," He said.

"I don't think there's anything to talk about Xavier...I need to start preparing as you know I don't have the luxury of time" Scarlet said.

"I...it would just be a minute," Xavier said and closed the gap between them.

"No," Scarlet said and took a step back.

She didn't know why she didn't want to have this conversation with him, was it jealousy, anger or fear, maybe deep down she was afraid of whatever he wanted to say to her, she didn't want anything that would change her mind from leaving and one thing she knew was that if she stayed close to this man any longer it would jeopardize her life, whatever this was she couldn't let it go beyond this stage.

"Scarlet Please" Xavier said with longing in his eyes like whatever he was about to say to her was the most important thing that mattered to him right now.