Chapter 14

"Oh hello Scarlet, we meet again," Esther said with a warm smile on her face as she took the seat beside Scarlet.

"Esther you're late" Roman said finally shifting his gaze from Scarlet to his sister.

"I have things to do you know so definitely coming late should be expected, " Esther said but this time around the smile she had on her face had disappeared and was replaced with a frown.

"Irrelevant things am sure, you need to start taking life seriously" Roman scolded.

"And You need to take a chill pill" Esther said then rolled her eyes.

Slowly tension filled the air as Esther and Roman stared at each other like it was a battle till death, like two elephants fighting and Scarlet was caught in the middle of it all.

"Mmmhhhgggggg" Scarlet cleared her throat in an attempt to ease the tension and gain their attention but it was no use cause they both ignored her.

"It's high time you come to your senses and take things seriously the world works differently from the way it works in your head," Roman said adding more fuel to the already burning tension in the room.

Scarlet was an only child so she couldn't relate to the whole sibling's fight they were having but one thing she knew for sure was that these two were not fond of each other.

"Says a grumpy old single forty years old man" Esther fired back.

"At least am not thirty and reckless with no ambition or achievements," Roman said.

"Okay....can you both calm down and take a deep breath, you don't need to tear each other apart this way" Scarlet said trying to calm them down.

"You know I don't need to be stuck up my ass like you to be considered a success, and scarlet I'll be wary of this old man if I were you before he destroys your mental health and call you a failure afterwards, am out of here and..burn in hell Roman" Esther said then stormed out of the restaurant.

Scarlet was speechless and dumbfounded, she found it hard to wrap her head around the chaos that just happened before her, Esther was as equally stubborn as Roman which meant going after her in an attempt to bring her back was pointless. Roman on the other hand had his gaze fixed on the door and if looks could kill that door would have been shattered to pieces by now.

"Well that was a disaster, you could have handled that better you know" Scarlet said.

"Esther is a walking disaster and I need you to keep an eye on her, she's never to be trusted and also you leave in an hour so get ready," Roman said and stood up.

"I-I-I don't understand, where am I going to?" Scarlet asked.

"Zack" Roman said and left the restaurant leaving a confused scarlet behind.

Scarlet rolled her eyes and then signalled the waiter to come over she needed to eat first before anything else, the black family was indeed a complicated one it's quite unfortunate that she was cut up in the middle of it all.

When the waiter came she ordered the biggest breakfast they had on the menu and a few minutes later they brought the meal, immediately she was left alone she dug into the food savouring every taste, and in less than ten minutes she was done with her meal.

Scarlet smiled with satisfaction as the food was delicious and filling, her phone began to buzz and on checking the caller ID whatever smile she had on disappeared and it took everything in her to not roll her eyes.

"Hello, Mr Roman" Scarlet said when she picked up the call.

"There's a meeting in my room in five minutes don't be late" Roman said and ended the call.

This time around Scarlet didn't stop herself from rolling her eyes, first, there was a meeting at the restaurant that ended now there's a meeting in his room, what on earth did Roman take her for? Annoyed at Roman's behaviour Scarlet stormed out of the restaurant, someone needed to put him in his place sometimes by giving him a piece of their mind and that was exactly what she was going to do.

As she was about to press the elevator button Michelle appeared beside her with her usual smile plastered on her face which Scarlet rolled her eyes at, Michelle's constant smile was beginning to get on her nerves.

"What?" Scarlet asked irritated.

"I'll be taking you to Mr Roman's Meeting Room," Michelle said.

"And How do you know everything exactly?" Scarlet asked annoyed.

"He ordered that I bring you to him 'cause he was certain that you didn't know his room," Michelle said.

"And as usual you do..you know what I couldn't care less I just want to get this over with so lead the way," Scarlet said as her brows knitted together in a frown.

"Sure," Michelle said and pressed the elevator button.

They both stepped into the elevator then Michelle pressed the floor number and the elevator closed, Scarlet was getting pissed off by the minute, she knew the way she spoke to Michelle was just her transferring anger onto the poor girl and that was wrong but she couldn't help it, Roman just knew how to annoy her and she was honestly going to give him a piece of her mind.

The elevator door opened and Michelle and Scarlet got out of it, Michelle led the way to Roman's room and Scarlet followed, they walked down the hotel hallway till they got to the last door on the right.

"We're here" Michelle said then pressed a button on the door.

Suddenly a tiny thought sneaked into scarlets mind that wiped off whatever anger she was feeling at the moment, and that was the fact that she and Roman were going to be alone in his room after what happed at the restaurant but before she could say or do anything Roman opened the door.

"Come in," he said and left the door open.

"Well ma'am This is my cue, please call me if you need anything, bye," Michelle said and left.

Scarlet stood frozen at the door as her heart began racing in her chest, every word Roman said to her at the restaurant before Esther came in started ringing in her head followed by many scenarios and unanswerable questions.

"Pull yourself together scarlet, it's just a meeting nothing more" she said to herself.

It was just a meeting in his room nothing more nothing less so why the hell does the thought of being alone with him in a room make her nervous was one of the many questions that were running free in her mind, she had to pull herself together she was angry at Roman and it had to stay that way, nothing more nothing less. Scarlet cleared her throat then rubbed her sweaty palms together and let out a breath.

"It's just a meeting nothing more.......nothing less" she said to herself one more time then stepped into the room.

********************************************************************** Roman&Scarlet

Thanks for reading

IMPORTANT INFORMATION!

*INTRODUCING PATRON SUBSCRIPTION:

So Based on popular demands from my readers that always ask for quicker and more chapter updates I decided to double-task myself just for you guys by making a patron subscription.

*What is the patron subscription?

The patron subscription gives you access to New chapters days before they are posted here on Wattpad which means quicker updates, specific days for updates and also you get to read ahead! When you subscribe to any of my patron's packages you get the New chapter ahead of Wattpad and also get to read the next chapter weeks before it's being updated here on Wattpad, there is also a discord to discuss the book and patron shoutout's !!! So click on the link below ⬇️ and become a patron today!

patreon.com/Victoriousallen22

Xoxo

Drops pen.