Chapter 39

"Boss something terrible happened" Tony Roman's second best man said as he barged into the conference room roman was in strategizing with his men.

"What?"roman said.

"The chopper....."

"what happened to the chopper?!" Roman said as his heart pounded heavily in his chest dreading the worst case scenario.

"The chopper was attacked"

"Scarlet Sofia?" Roman asked cutting tony off.

"No trace of them yet" Tony said.

"Shit!" Roman said and slammed his hands on the table.

"How the hell did he know i was moving them and where? How?!" Roman said calmly a dangerous calm that sent shivers down the spine of everyone in the room.

"Tony i need you to send men to comb the Atlantic ocean and make sure they return with my wife and child now" Roman said.

"Yes boss" Tony said and left.

"Karim"

"Yes Boss"

"Make sure to find the rat and bring him to me" Roman said.

"Yes boss" Karim said and left.

meanwhile....

Scarlet coughed out the water in her mouth as she slowly regained consciousness, she felt a little pat on her back afterwards and then heard muffled voices.

"She's Awake" scarlet heard what seemed like a lady's voice say.

"Sofia' Scarlet whispered.

"She's alright" The voice said clearly this time.

"Lets take them to the house" was the last thing scarlet heard before passing out again.

The next time she opened her eyes she was on a warm cozy bed in a room that had golden decorations on the ceiling, she sat up immediately and the first thing on her mind was sofia, but when she turned she saw sofia sleeping beside her.

"Sofia baby you are ok" Scarlet said as she placed kisses on her daughters fore head.

"Oh you are awake" A lady said gaining scarlet's attention.

Immediately scarlet took a defensive position shielding Sofia from the stranger.

"Oh its fine i mean no harm, so sorry i didn't mean to startle you.. I'm Catarina" Caterina said with her hands in the air showing she meant no harm.

"Where are we?" Scarlet asked still in her defensive position.

"On our Island" Catarina said.

"Where?" Scarlet said still giving her a skeptical look and maintaining her defensive position.

"South East of the Atlantic" Catarina said.

"That's so many miles away from everything" Scarlet said.

"Yes this is actually our get away house where we hide whenever life gets too stressful" Catarina said with a genuine smile plastered on her face.

"Whats todays date?" Scarlet asked.

"29th" Catalina said.

"Its been four days?!" Scarlet exclaimed.

"Wow that explains how you got here, you've been floating in the ocean for four days" Catalina said.

Scarlet gave Catarina a look from head to toe examining her, if her assumptions were right then Catarina was a woman in her late forties there about, she had a friendly and homely look but one thing scarlet knew best was that looks were deceiving, all that mattered right now was leaving this place and that's what she's going to do.

"We need to leave" Scarlet said.

"Well why not but i don't think that's advice able your daughter was burning up all night...her gunshot wound was infected by the salt water so i had to treat it and dress it again.. she actually needs medical care and a lot of rest... plus there's no jet available right now thanks to my brother that sent the jet away last night and told them to return in ten days" Catarina said.

"You are keeping us hostage? Who are you? and what do you want?" Scarlet said.

"I dont want anything... i dont even know your name" Catarina said.

"You said u treated Sofia are you a doctor? and how do you know its a gun shot wound?" Scarlet asked giving Catarina a skeptical look.

"Oh Sofia's her name...beautiful name...and yes i am a doctor a pediatrician lucky for you...i have question though on why an eight years old has a gunshot wound" Catarina said giving scarlet a questioning look.

"That's none of your business" Scarlet said with a frown on her face.

"Okay i know that anyways your daughter needs medical care and i can provide that for her until she properly recovers and i believe ten days is enough to give her proper care but if you insist on going you both can stay her for ten days i wont force anything on you" Catalina said.

Scarlet turned to look at her daughter, Sofia looked pale already almost white like she was lifeless, her heart broke at the sight of her daughter she couldn't help the tears that ran down her face, she was a failure as a mother, which mother would put their child through this.

"Let me treat her please" Catarina said and moved closer to the bed.

"I dont trust you" Scarlet said.

"Neither do i... but i dont think we need to trust each other we are stranger am only concerned cause of the child...i cant watch any child go through pain when i know there's something i can do about it... we dont need to trust each other i just need you to be a mother who would do anything to save her child" Catarina said this time around the smile she had on her face was gone and replaced with a serious look.

Scarlet could swear that she had seen that look before but couldn't figure out where so she waved it off and sat down back on the bed so Catarina could examine Sofia all the while her gaze was fixed on her.

After Examining Sofia Catarina decided to place her on some antibiotics to fight the wound infection and drip, so she picked up the landline that was beside the bed and made a phone call, two minutes later two nurses came into the room with what looked like a first aid box, it was the biggest first aid box scarlet had ever seen, Catarina collected the box from them then order them to inform the kitchen staffs to prepare a light meals for the child then something heavy for her mother, afterwards she administered the drip.

"okay she's all good for now, but i'll be back when she has eaten to give her the injections and you also need to rest you know.... Nothing is confirmed but you dont need to risk it" Catarina said.

"What are you talking about? what is there to confirm?" Scarlet asked her brows knitted together in a frown.

"that........" Catarina began to say but was interrupted by someone barging into the room.

"What exactly is going on here?" The person said.

*******************************************************************ROMAN&SCARLET

THANKS FOR READING.

DONT FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO MY PATRON FOR EARLY UPDATES, CLICK ON THE LINK ON MY NOTIFICATION BOARD TO DO SO!

ALSO DONT FORGET LIKE,VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE THIS BOOK!

XOXO