Chapter 26

"Good morning sir," Scarlet said as she walked into Roman's office.

In as much as she had the most amazing time of her life the day before with this man nothing about their relationship changed because he left the same way he came, unannounced, just like ten years ago.

"What's good about the morning scarlet?" Roman asked with his brow knitted together in a frown.

"You asked for me," Scarlet said.

"Why haven't you replied to the email sent by Mr. Jack?" Roman said as his frown deepened.

"Because what he's asking for is unreasonable sir with all due respect, he can't increase his share by ten percent, company guidelines" Scarlet said.

"Well, do you know who Mr Jack is to this company? Little Miss know it all" Roman said.

"A shareholder and as your legal advisor I strongly kick against giving him an extra ten per cent, that will be giving him twenty per cent of this company and from where I stand I'd rather prefer my client having the upper hand in all situations and it's good the shareholders only have ten per cent," Scarlet said calmly.

"And you think I don't know that? But not with Mr. Jack because I need to keep him on a leash he is an enemy I keep my eyes on" Roman said.

"More reasons why I refuse to prepare such documents, If he's an enemy then he shouldn't be given a power strong enough to stand up against you sir," Scarlet said.

As Roman was about to respond one of his cell phones rang interrupting him, he checked the caller ID and it was Greg.

"Yes," Roman said answering the call.

"Sure come to my office now," he said and ended the call.

"You are Excused," Roman said to Scarlet when he ended the call.

"Okay, sir," Scarlet said and left his office.

On her way out she met a man who she suspected was the same person that called Roman a minute ago, they held eye contact for a brief moment and instantly she knew he was going to be trouble for her, there was just something about him that didn't sit well with her and the way he looked at her made her so sure that he was indeed trouble, And she had to find out who he was and what business he had with Roman.

"Good morning Mr. Roman" Greg said.

"What did you find?" Roman asked ignoring Greg's greetings.

"Nothing, I found nothing on her," Greg said.

"That's the more reason why you need to dig deeper, If it was that easy I would have found her myself," Roman said.

"But there's something about her seemingly clean record though," Greg said and handed a file to Roman.

"Some of her clients' enemies go missing six months or three months after she wins them, It may be nothing but I believe it's worth looking into," Greg said.

"Greg, do you know why people like me don't care about what people like you believe in?" Roman asked.

"No sir"

"Well that's because we don't have the luxury of time on our hands to do so, You came here to tell me what I already know, Be useful Greg and tell me something I don't already know, of course, they go missing because she kills them, you have just today to get me something I need to know," Roman said sternly.

"Yes sir I'll get back to you before the end of the day, I'll take my leave now," Greg said and left the office.

"Scarlet there's a lot of skeletons in your cupboard and I am going to find them because you belong to me now and there's no running away for you this time," Roman said to himself.

"Good morning ma'am," Michelle said with her usual cheerful smile plastered on her face which Scarlet found annoying now.

"Morning Michelle now tell me, where have you been?" Scarlet asked.

"I was preparing your coffee ma'am," Michelle said and placed the cup of coffee in front of Scarlet.

"You know things will go smoothly if you start using that brain of yours that if you have any, bugging my suitcase?" Scarlet said and dropped the pieces of a camera on her table.

"Ohh you found them," Michele said.

"You don't know who I am right? You don't know how dangerous the waters you are threading into right?" Scarlet said.

"Well I may not know how to deal with you but one thing is sure... You will marry Zack and we will have our way because no matter how dangerous a person is, they still have a weakness and I know your weakness scarlet, I know how to get to you" Michelle said with a devious smile plastered on her face.

"And what will that be? What do you think makes me weak?" Scarlet asked.

Of course, she knew the only thing on earth that could make her break was her, and she would be dammed if this little witch and her boss knew that, and if they did then she had to visit the one person whom she hate and is responsible for all this.

"Your daughter, your child with Roman black and trust me Davina I know where she is," Michelle said this time around the smile on her face was gone and was replaced with a dangerous look that made Scarlet detest her more.

"I have a child with Roman?, wow I never knew," Scarlet said and laughed.

"Oh silly girl, you really don't know who you are dealing with else you wouldn't even mention that, Michelle I advise you leave now that you have the chance to, cause if you go any further I promise to wipe out your entire family, your mother in Baguio, your brother in Italy, your sister in law school, your father and grandparents, I'll even kill your dog spark, so if I were you I'll get the hell out of this place and stop being a pawn in zacks plans" Scarlet said.

"You...you...if you ever lay a finger on any of them I swear to you I'll kill your child," Michelle said the fear visible in her eyes made Scarlet smile.

"I Dare You," Scarlet said.

*********************************************************************** ROMAN&SCARLETT

Thanks for reading!

IMPORTANT INFORMATION!

*INTRODUCING PATRON SUBSCRIPTION:

So Based on popular demands from my readers who always ask for quicker and more chapter updates I decided to double-task myself just for you guys by making a patron subscription.

*What is the patron subscription?

The patron subscription gives you access to New chapters days before they are posted here on Wattpad which means quicker updates, specific days for updates and also you get to read ahead! When you subscribe to any of my patron packages you get the New chapter ahead of Wattpad and also get to read the next chapter weeks before it's being updated here on Wattpad, There is also a discord to discuss the book and patron shoutouts!!! So click on the link below ⬇️ and become a patron today!

patreon.com/Victoriousallen22

So sorry for the late update My weekend was filled with so many activities, so sorry.

Xoxo