Chapter 21

"What are you doing here?!"Scarlet shouted as embarrassment washed all over her.

"Why are you naked?" Roman asked as his eyes raked her body from her feet up to her face.

"Cause I was about to get dressed" Scarlet said her hand still covering her breast and private part.

"I'll be back in two minutes, put something on, we need to talk," Roman said and left the room.

Scarlet went over to the door to make sure it was properly locked, she rested her back on the door and let out a breath, that was the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to her, but then a small smile crept up her face that led to her blushing like never before and when she realised she was blushing she slapped herself to get her head out of the clouds then went over to the wardrobe to find something to wear, after much deliberation she settled for a pink floral short dress she found then matched it with plain pink slippers, she applied a little makeup on her face the packed her hair in a messy bun, satisfied with how she looked she made her way downstairs to find Roman.

"Oh scarlet nice to see you again!" Genevieve said with a bright smile on her face.

"Thank you... where's Roman?" Scarlet said curtly.

"Oh, Roman is in the garden with Zack, am sure they are discussing business, why don't you join me in the kitchen am about to prepare dinner" Genevieve said her smile not wavering.

"I need to speak to Roman sorry..please can you point me to the garden," Scarlet said.

"Oh I understand it's that way..I'll still be expecting you at the kitchen in case you change your mind" Genevieve said.

"Sure thanks," Scarlet said and left the still smiling Genevieve.

When she got to the garden Roman and Zack were having a heated conversation, anyone who entered there could feel the pressure in the air, with the way Roman stood with his fist clenched, you could tell something was wrong, Scarlet didn't know if interrupting them would be a waist decision at the moment.

"You can't marry her and that's final" Roman said calmly but dangerously.

"Well, she said yes Roman there's nothing you can do about it, besides you aren't sure she's the one, you've been looking for her for ten years now so forget it" Zack said with an annoying smirk plastered on his face.

"Don't test my patience Zack this isn't ten years ago I won't hesitate to do anything I can to prevent this marriage and am sure you wouldn't want to add me to your long list of enemies" Roman said and took a step closer to Zack Towering over him.

Scarlet stood at the entrance watching the whole scenario, she was perplexed and angry at the same time, angry at Zack for lying to Roman that she agreed to marry him, perplexed at their discussion and the hidden secret that happened ten years ago.

"I can have her and you can't and that's exactly what's going to happen, with all pleasure add yourself to that list for all I care, I've been handling them and I can handle you, Roman," Zack said this time the smirk on his face was gone and was replaced with something scary.

"You can't have her... 'cause she belongs to me and I hope you are ready for the consequences of your actions cause trust me there are consequences for thinking you could cross me Zack" Roman said.

"I belong to no one" Scarlet said angrily gaining their attention.

She was tired of hearing them talk about her like she was some toy or property they could own, hell no, she was scarlet Amelia Finn and one thing she would never let happen to her is to be owned by any of these men.

"Scarlet" Roman said as his eyes bore a hole into hers.

"Mr Roman. Zack sorry for eavesdropping on your conversation but I couldn't stand it anymore...one I would NEVER marry you Zack, Never and two you do not own me mr Roman I work for you, you didn't buy me because I can't be bought and three what ever happened Ten years ago... trust me it isn't me" Scarlet said.

"Scarlet you've already agreed to marry me remember.. at the waterfall," Zack said.

"If my memory serves me right I never agreed to that, stop all this nonsense Zack " Scarlet said.

"You are just saying this 'cause he's here, you can't do this to me," Zack said and took hold of scarlets hands which she yanked away from him immediately.

"Don't you ever touch me!" Scarlet shouted.

"Leave Now," Roman said to Zack in the most dangerous and commanding tone Scarlet has ever heard.

"We will talk later" Zack said and left.

"What's going on here?" Roman asked immediately after Zack left.

"Nothing...he's delusional," Scarlet said.

"You had just one job scarlet.. find out what's going on here instead here you are making marriage plans are you this incompetent?" Roman said he's brow knitted together in a frown.

"I am not making marriage plans with anyone and I did find something out.. but what I don't understand is what exactly you are doing here," Scarlet said.

"I don't trust you to handle anything properly" Roman said and closed the space between them.

They stood that way for some minutes just staring into each other's eyes, they said different things but their eyes had something else to say, it wasn't that he didn't trust her, it was just that the thought of her being that far away from him once again was driving him crazy, but over his dead body would he admit it, and it wasn't that she didn't want him here, on the contrary, the joy she felt in her heart when she saw him was embarrassing even to her.

"Roman" Scarlet said and took a step backwards.

"We are leaving after dinner, pack your bags," Roman said then left her.

Scarlet placed her hand on her chest to calm her racing heartbeat, Roman had an effect on her and it was bad, this wasn't the reason why she was here, she had to put herself in others for the reason why she was here, this wasn't the time to wake up feelings she buried ten years ago.

********************************************************************** Roman&Scarlet

Thanks for reading

So many secrets to unravel, what happened ten years ago?

Don't forget to like, comment and refer others to read this book because trust me things are becoming interesting!!!!!!

IMPORTANT INFORMATION!

*INTRODUCING PATRON SUBSCRIPTION:

So Based on popular demands from my readers that always ask for quicker and more chapter updates I decided to double-task myself just for you guys by making a patron subscription.

*What is the patron subscription?

The patron subscription gives you access to New chapters days before they are posted here on Wattpad which means quicker updates, specific days for updates and also you get to read ahead! When you subscribe to any of my patrons' packages you get the New chapter ahead of Wattpad and also get to read the next chapter weeks before it's being updated here on Wattpad, there is also a discord to discuss the book and patron shoutout's !!! So click on the link below ⬇️ and become a patron today!

patreon.com/Victoriousallen22

Xoxo