Chapter 29

Sometimes protecting what you love may become the most difficult thing to do cause the will to protect doesn't guarantee that what you love won't be put in harm's way, Most times it's the actions that we take, the steps we take towards it that guarantee everything.

Scarlet sighed as the cool evening breeze that sipped through the car window fanned her face, She could say today was the most challenging day she had ever had at the company, the fact that these vicious people didn't mind hurting her child just to get what they wanted was painful and annoying.

"We've arrived ma'am," the Uber driver said as he pulled up her driveway.

"Thank you," Scarlet said and brought out her card to pay.

As she was about to swipe her card her cell phone rang and it was an Unknow number.

"Hello," Scarlet said when she picked up the call.

"Hi mummy"

On hearing her daughter's voice Scarlet broke down in tears, She hadn't spoken to her daughter in so many years now and hearing her voice once again broke her.

"Hey baby how are you?" Scarlet said in between tears.

"I miss you mummy when will I see you again?" Her daughter said.

"Soon baby.. soon I promise," Scarlet said.

"Gran said you won't be coming back till you are done with your homework," her daughter said.

"Yes baby and mummy is almost done with it Just a few more months and I'll be there with you," Scarlet said as she wiped the tears off her face.

"Okay mum, my birthday is coming up I want you here with me and maybe you could bring daddy along," her daughter said.

"Sofia you know that's not possible... your daddy can't come to see you just yet..next year I promise I'll come with daddy," Scarlet said.

"Gran wants to speak to you... bye mommy" Sofia said.

"Ava"

"Yes sir... I know and I'll end this I promise" Scarlet said

"Promises are for the weak..you will never see your daughter if you don't," the person said and the line went dead.

Scarlet broke down in another set of tears, After crying for about a few minutes she wiped the tears off her face.

"This isn't the time to cry Scarlet, it's time to get this whole thing done and over with," Scarlet said to herself.

"Please ma'am you have to pay, I have another trip to complete, "the Uber driver said.

"Sure...so sorry about that..here's my card," Scarlet said and swiped the card on the machine.

"Done thank you ma," the driver said.

"Sure bye"' Scarlet said and got out of the car.

Immediately she entered her house she dropped her bag on the sofa and went over to the fridge to pour a glass of juice for herself, she picked up her phone and dialled a number.

"Carlos it's time to send me their address," Scarlet said.

"Okay...are you sure?....this isn't according to plan," Carlos said.

"I don't have time anymore Carlos! Sofia's life is in danger" Scarlet said.

"But Being reckless will put her in more danger Davina," Carlos said.

"I'd rather start now than delay until it becomes too dangerous, Please do as I have asked I need to start gathering them..thank you," Scarlet said and ended the call.

She went into her room and took a quick shower, then pulled open a side in her wardrobe that she had dedicated for this very purpose, as she stared at the outfit she realised what she was about to do down on her, it wasn't going to be easy but she had no other choice.

She collected the leather suit and quickly put it on, As she stared at her reflection in the mirror she regained confidence, something she didn't realize was missing until now, As she was about to wear the bulletproof vest her phone beeped indicating a message, she picked it up and opened the message that was sent by Carlos, it was the address of all the people she needed to put her plan in motion.

"Good boy," Scarlet said then dropped the phone and quickly wore the vest.

She pressed a button on the wall of her closet and it pulled open revealing a hidden room, she stepped into the wall and it closed back up, she switched on the light illuminating the dark room, this was her little machine room where she kept every kind of guns and knives you could ever imagine, her eyes scanned the room with satisfaction, this was something she was proud of, first she selected the knives and blades she needed and placed them in the holes on her suit, then she picked two of her favourite guns, she stared at them with a smile on her face, this was the real side of scarlet, this is who she truly was, an assassin, a cold-hearted murderer, a woman that will go to the ends of the earth to protect her child and she enjoyed it.

She put the guns in the holder on her waist then picked up the key to her favourite power bike and left the house through the underground passage she created, As she rode in the night to her first destination she felt a huge rush of adrenaline flow through her, for the first time in a long while she was happy and she loved it.

When she got to her destination she parked her bike and entered the building, her first target was Mr Joseph her very first client that was indebted to her, she pressed the code on his lock and entered his penthouse, obviously as she expected he was in the middle of a threesome as always.

"Hello Mr. Joseph sorry to intrude but I need a word with you," Scarlet said gaining his attention.

"Scarlet how-how-how did you get in? And how did you know I'll be here?" Mr. Joseph said startled by Scarlet's sudden appearance.

"Out!" Scarlet said to the two ladies with him and immediately they scrambled off and left the house.

"Scarlet, what do you want?" Mr Joseph said as he covered himself with his robe and got out of the bed.

"It's time," Scarlet said.

"Bloody hell it is that's how it always is with you isn't it" Joseph said as he gulped down the shot of tequila he poured for himself.

"I hope you have everything I asked for?" Scarlet said.

"Yes Scarlet every single thing you need to destroy him....you know I always keep my end of any bargain," Joseph said.

"We start tomorrow, it's time to end this," Scarlet said and left.

"Oh boy," Joseph said and gulped down another shot.

*********************************************************************** ROMAN&SCARLETT

Thanks for reading!