Chapter 5: Flooring a new floor

(The chapter where a new area gets accessed...)

So Mishima has just died. The object that is a corpse was once a human being, not too long ago actually. And Muto happened to watch a human being die in front of his own two eyes. He had witnessed his own sister's death due to the live stream on the dark web but he never watched a human die right in front of him physically. Everyone was keeping their distance from the corpse in the room. Everyone, that is, except the pink-haired Nao. That was understandable as she had lost someone dear to her. Muto wasn't sure why one would be attached to a teacher of all people but he didn't know the full backstory of their relationship. Nao was sitting by the professor, dumbfounded.

He looked at Mishima. He just lay there dead. Burned alive. Not a fun way to go...

"Dammit! She got us!!"

Muto looked to the room's entrance to see who made the noise. It was the beanie guy Sou and he was looking at something behind the door.

Sou slowly closed the door to the room.

"Read it, miss Sara..." he said.

"The Second Trial ~Practice Round~

This is a practice for the Main Game. The start is signaled by the doll's revival. Follow instructions and hold a majority vote. The one with the most votes is to be sacrificed. However, this is a practice round. If the votes come to a draw, the game is forfeit." read Sara. 

'Forfeit? Hm...' thought Muto.

"The Second Trial... It's named just like that first one we did..." pointed out Sou.

"We never noticed... this note...!" stuttered Sara.

"Dammit! It's all 'cause I said to keep the door open in case there was danger...!!" denounced Reko.

"...We were clearly led into doing so. This room had an ominous air even before entering." pointed out Kai.

"The game's forfeit if it's a draw? Then... don't tell me...!" protested Joe.

"...If everyone had gotten the same votes... Then there'd be no sacrifice. Is that right?" said Keiji.

"Y... Yer kiddin' me! S-So he died for nothin'?!" spoke out Q-taro.

"Hmm... So it seems our captors are quite the cunning manipulators aren't they?" said Muto.

No one responded to him. So it appeared that if everyone had received the same amount of votes, there wouldn't be a corpse in front of Muto right now... This lead Muto to the thought. 

'2 votes? I was just one off of Mishima. Dang, if I had voted for myself or something, I might have died alongside him too!'

"Professor... Professor... This is... just a lie, right? Professor... Please... Please get up... You can't do this... Everyone's worried... Professor...?" Nao... weakly shook Professor Mishima's body.

The force of her shaking his body took its toll and his scorched, fragile neck... fell. His head fell right off of his shoulders as if it were a doll head of some sort.

"...Pro... fessor...?"

"N... Nao! D... Don't touch that!" warned Joe.

"Meow... the old guy..." cried Gin.

"Don't look, Gin! Stay away!" Joe tried to preserve Gin from witnessing a gruesome sight at his young age.

"Dammit...!! Dammit!! What the hell!!" cursed Q-taro.

"Who... who voted... for Mishima...?" questioned Joe.

"Shaddup, you eyesore...!!" yelled Reko.

"H... Huh?! I mean... it's because of the votes he...!" Joe tried to say.