Chapter 12: And So 6 Remained...

(It's time for the Final Vote... Who will get sacrificed this time...?)

Quickie recap: In the last chapter, Nao was accused of knocking out Sou from behind. She would then reveal that she was threatened by Kai to do so. There was then  a balance battle between Nao and Kai which ended in more suspicion on Kai. Sou would then reveal four e-mails he had read on some laptop, throwing even more suspicion on Kai and putting Joe and Sara on the spot too. After a lot of people sided with Sara, Sou lost all his composure and battled it out using words against Sara. Eventually, the vote came in and Sara, Muto, Joe, Kanna, Kai and Sou were all nominated for the final vote...)

The vote had just concluded. Muto felt... pissed. Why was he nominated? He thought that Kai, Sara and Sou had stolen the spotlight just enough for people to forget about him but somehow, two people voted him. He sighed. Sou, Sara, Kai and Joe were predictably nominated. Kanna, too, was nominated for some reason. 

"Heehee... What do you think of the results? Five will proceed to the final vote." announced Miley.

"Kanna Kizuchi."

Kanna just had the same saddened expression on her face.

"Kai Satou."

Kai just looked on in pity. Was it for himself...?

"Jou Tazuna."

"...Why...?! Why me...?!" Joe responded.

"Sou Hiyori."

"...I see..." Sou turned his head to the ground, having a more natural expression on his face.

"Muto Yoshida."

"For fuck's sake. Why me...? What did I do...?" Muto questioned.

"Sara Chidouin."

Sara didn't say anything.

So it seemed that one of these six people at least were about to die. And Muto happened to be one of them. He could never just get out of controversy, could he?

"A-Am I... safe...?" asked Q-taro.

"Y-You're kidding?! Me too?! Woohoo!!" Alice celebrated.

"Dumbasses!! It's the next part that's seriously bad!!" scolded Reko.

"Our votes... will decide our fates." said Keiji.

"D-Do we... have to choose...?" asked Nao.

"Big sis Sara..." whined Gin.

"This is fucking ridiculous, man. You all are! I mean, you have got a LITERAL murderer in your midst. A fucking prisoner!! Yet, for some reason, y'all let him live and nominate me and some other little girl. Honestly, what has society even devolved to?!" Muto ranted.

"Sorry, meow..." apologized Gin.

"Yeah yeah, whatever..." Muto replied.

The other nominees weren't faring much better. Sou, Kanna and Kai were simply avoiding eye contact as they had their natural face expressions on, while Sara and Joe were looking frustrated and nervous.

"Get a grip, Sara!!" yelled Keiji suddenly.

"...!!"

"...Erm, I mean. Hey now, Sara. Your friendly policeman's with ya." he switched his tone up.

He then turned to face everyone else.

"Listen, everybody. We need to narrow it down to just one person. Forget your sympathy and your grudges. Just remember the roles. If we choose the Keymaster or Sacrifice, we all die..."