Chapter 17: Starry Targets

(Continuation of Day 2 in the third floor)

(40 Alice tokens, 20 Gin tokens, 20 Nao tokens, 4 clear chips)

Soon enough, the afternoon came rolling about the place. Muto had done quite a lot of stuff already but it was still not enough for him to guarantee any sort of security. With that, Muto sighed and decided to look for another partner to go clear another attraction. He paired up with the homie Gin once again and they decided to clear another attraction together. They decided to complete 'Charge Card Battle' found in the Ruined Corridor. Once again, they entered the hallway where darkness was absolute and the familiar billboard would again appear into view. The rules of this game was kind of complicated. Every player would have 4 different cards to choose from: Charge, Beam, Block and Special. You can pick any of them cards in terms of three while your opponent does the same. If you collect three times, you can hit the opponent with the special ability. Beam is just your regular attack while block is just your regular block card. It's kind of complex and not relevant to the plot so I won't bother getting into too much detail. Regardless, their first enemy was this strange looking alien. Gin cheered on from the sidelines while Muto played a game of wits with the alien. The alien was rather predictable so Muto dispatched of it easily. The next opponent was this weird demon wearing a long green mouthless mask with the attire of what appeared to be a gunman of sorts. He was an offensive player as he'd constantly throw forward the beam card in an attempt to attack Muto. He did give Muto a massive scratch on his cheek, adding to the other scar Muto already had there. Regardless, Muto played super defensively and all he needed was a bit of luck to time a special attack upon his beam to destroy the gunman. The last one was an odd fellow. It looked like a faceless human with a demon bunny hoodie on its head. The bunny was relatively unpredictable. It would constantly switch from offense to defense every other turn. Muto did get hit once by the bunny too, on his left shoulder. Luckily though, Muto had figured out a game-breaking strategy and played ultra-defensively until he dispatched of the bunny. Two clear chips were the reward per usual of the attraction which they split up. Muto was willing to hop onto another attraction but Gin insisted to go to the medical office. As Muto was sulking in the lobby, Nao came up to the pair.

"Hi there Gin! Hi Muto!" she smiled.

"Big Sis Nao, meow!" Gin replied happily.

"Heya. What's good?" replied Muto.

"Well, I was wondering if you guys would like to have a peaceful discussion with me?" Nao asked.

"Okay, meow!"

"Sure. I ain't got shizzle to attend to at the moment." replied Muto.

"Should I pour something to drink?" Nao asked.

"Sure, why not." replied Muto.

Ah, my narration must have not been fully accurate. I must have forgot to tell you lot that there were actually drinks available for participant use because, well, everyone would die of thirst if drinks were not served hehe. 

"Gin, do you want to have some tea?" Nao asked.

"Hmm... I want soda, meow." Gin replied.

"...I don't have any, so is coffee okay?" 

"Why would it be, woof?!"

"Does that mean that there is no energy drinks in this God-forsaken place?" Muto asked.

"I'm afraid not..." Nao replied.

"Fine. I'll take coffee." Muto told her with a frown.

"Okay!" Nao said with a smile. 

Nao would then make a cup of coffee and serve it to the three of them.

"Is it tasty, Gin?" she asked as the kid sipped a bit of the coffee.