Chapter 13: New Beginnings

(Oh look, it's a new floor. How nice...)

The First Main Game had finally drawn to a close. Although they have only spent one day in this place, it had felt like weeks. Everyone was tired mentally and it showed on a lot of people's faces. Sara had fainted, probably from the grief of losing her supposed best friend. Three people were dead in just the span of a day. Kazumi Mishima, a supposed high school teacher who had his neck burnt to a crisp, Joe Tazuna, who got all the blood he owns drained out of his body like he was some kind of drink of some sort, and Kai Satou, a man who claimed to be a homemaker, who might have been working with the kidnappers, slashed his own wrists and committed suicide as to probably not suffer an extremely painful death. Miley had announced to everyone that the old area they were in was gonna stop being used soon and that they were all going to be transferred soon to a new section, or 'floor' as she called it. She would then slip out of sight, leaving everyone in the court room by themselves. Most people were crowded around Sara, to see if she was okay or not. Since it was the last opportunity for the participants to access the supposed 'first floor', Muto went and headed straight for the bar room and got some drinks. He may have not gotten the proper opportunity to consume this stuff earlier, but he'd take stock of several of them, just in case. Regardless, as he made his way back to the court room, he saw the baseball guy, Q-taro, standing by himself pondering on something. 

"...Kai. Were you really a bad guy...? Bein' bad... that makes ya a good-for-nothing. And you didn't seem to me like a good-for-nothing guy... I dunno... I jus' dunno..." he was saying to himself.

"Sucks that we weren't able to get much out of him, huh?" interjected Muto.

Q-taro jumped at Muto's sudden appearance.

"Huh? Oh yeah. Didn't really seem like a bad guy..." Q-taro replied.

"I suppose so. Personally, I'm just a little bit miffed that we discovered some fucker working with our kidnappers, and yet he died without us extracting any sort of information on them. We are no closer to getting the hell outta here." Muto ranted.

"Well, yeah. But, he seemed like he was fed up from bein' with the kidnappers!" Q-taro exclaimed.

"Maybe. Hey, look on the bright side though. He did leave a laptop behind. Maybe if we find that shit, we can fashion a way outta here! Or at the very least, gain some valuable information about the situation!"

"Yeah, I guess so..."

Eventually, after spending a bit more time doing nothing in particular, Miley came by once again and demanded that everyone go into the next floor, otherwise their collars would explode. Everyone complied as they made their way up. Keiji was left to carry the still unconscious Sara as the rest walked up some stairs which had appeared out of nowhere. The staircase was relatively dark, but light at the end of it, illuminated the place slightly, allowing everyone just enough light to traverse the steps without falling down. Upon reaching the top, their eyes had to readjust as they stepped on foreign grounds. The area they were before had a sort of hollow, AI, type of setting. This area, however, felt much more natural. 

"This is the lobby everyone!" declared Miley. 

The lobby was massive. In its center, it had several armchairs surrounding a small table, tsaking the shape of a big square. It was carpeted by a vibrant violet and red carpet. Two small flights of stairs stood either side of some fluffy-looking shrubbery. Moss and ivy also grew in multiple places around the walls. The room was well-lit and had a window at the furthest end of the lobby. According to the window, it seemed like it was nighttime outside. Several doorways could be seen littered around the lobby. Some of them had doors with faces of people on it. Others lacked a door and was a basic gap which most likely led to another room of some sort.