Chapter 27: Transgression From A Transgressor

(We are nearing the conclusion of the Second Main Game. Who finna kick the bucket?)

Quickie Recap: A discussion occurred with the subject of the eighth and final trade. Who could've taken the Sacrifice from Sara? To put it shortly, it was Kanna. However, in a twist, it turns out she didn't actually receive the card at all. This gave steam to the rumors of the potential transgression of the Floormaster Gashu. Whilst searching for what the transgression could be, the group were able to reveal that the so-called 'Sou Hiyori' was actually just an alias for the beanie guy as his real name was Shin Tsukimi. In the end though, time was running out and the group now only has one more discussion to prove that Gashu cheated and did something wrong...

...

The final discussion... What would they even discuss...? Muto wasn't sure. I mean, he had an idea of what it might be...

"Got it? This roster lists the chances of survival for the participants in the Death Game!" Shin declared.

"You said they determined these chances of victory by running simulations with AIs, right...?" Nao asked.

"Is there something about these sheets we're still overlooking...?!" Kanna questioned.

"There only being 16 names makes you wonder, right?!" Reko brought up.

"If 'Sou' was an alias... That means there's actually 4 not listed, right?!" Q-taro asked.

"Kai, Kugie, Joe, and Nao are the four not on the roster, meow!" stated Gin.

"Hmm... Maybe Gashu had something to do with giving that card to one of them...?" Muto hesitantly proposed.

"Kinda curious how Sara's chances of victory are the highest, huh..." Keiji said.

Sara extracted statements from everyone but Muto's one must have caught her interest. 

"Well, if this is all some kind of betting game for the kidnappers, it would be natural to off all the people who aren't on the list, right? Makes you wonder if Joe and Kai getting the Sage and Sacrifice wasn't really a matter of luck, huh..." Muto thought aloud to Sara. 

"...!!!" Sara's face suddenly lit up. It appeared that Muto's statement may have revealed a massive revelation. 

"I imagine you figured out what I'm trying to say, right? After all, why did she have two votes? She was never really suspected, right?" Muto told her.

It seemed that Sara got the hint as something Shin said must have also influenced her thinking.

"Nao..." she started.

"Y-Yes...?" Nao asked nervously.

"You have the Sacrifice, don't you?" Sara asked.

"Huh...?!"

"This roster lists the names of the 'candidates,' those who are qualified for victory. Even Shin Tsukimi, with his 0% chance to actually win, is listed! But, Nao... Out of us survivors, your name is the only one missing!! And in the Monitor Room, too... There was no AI of you! No... There didn't exist a Nao AI to begin with!! Because you were an outsider who didn't meet the qualifications to be a candidate...!" Sara explained. "And so Gashu tried to kill you! He sent the Sacrifice, with its high risk of death, to Nao! This was your transgression, Gashu!!"

"..............................Ahaha... Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha..." Gashu laughed maniacally. "Fantastic!! Simply fantastic!! Well done, Ms. Sara!! Such overwhelming mindpower! Such imagination!! And all of your cooperation!! Your unity!! You solved it!! You solved Gashu's shoddy quiz!! Yes indeed!! You are the chosen one!!!!"