Chapter 20: Poison Stingers are toxic...

(Continuation of the final attraction hehe)

"There is someone who could get Reko's clothes." Sou declared to the room.

"Eh...?!" asked Kanna in surprise.

"We can't get into Reko's room, so of course we couldn't steal her spare clothes. But it's not us who brought those spares... The kidnappers prepared them, didn't they?" hinted Sou.

"Ah...!" said Kanna in realization.

"That's right. Ranger and Safalin would have access to anyone's clothes." said Sou.

The plastic duo of Ranger and Safalin simply stood still with their default face expressions as neither of them responded.

"And the one with a similar frame, who could hide the wound with a glove, is... You, Ranger. The Dress-up Doll." accused Sou.

"It can't be...!" exclaimed Nao.

"Ranger was Reko's fake...?!" questioned Kanna.

"I get it. Him being the 'Dressup Doll'... Wouldn't be so strange for him to have the ability to do perfect impersonations." summed up Keiji.

Ranger stood still for a moment.

".......... Heh. Ahahahahahahahaha!! Hahahahaha!! Hahahahahahaha!! Ahaha...!!" he suddenly laughed maniacally.

It was then Muto realized that they were probably on the wrong track or something. Speaking of which, his arm was starting to sting. Not as strong as he expected but it still stung regardless. The poison must have been extremely slow-acting as he was yet to feel the poison spread anywhere else in his body even after more than 10 minutes. Strange. He was also still at that phase where is still stung and wasn't numb yet. The next stinger was pointed directly into his left thigh. Why it was targeting the left side of his body was beyond him but he gritted his teeth and hoped for a resolution where he lived. He knew there was a high chance he might get sent to the slammer, but maybe, just maybe, he might find a way to get out of it...

"So stupid... Ahh... I love pointless chatter... I'll tell you this: That Reko was the real deal." stated Ranger.

"What?!" asked Sara in surprise.

"Ahaha... I would never wear the clothes of a living human. It just feels too good to wear the clothes of a poor human who died miserably... Would you even understand?" he told them.

"...Grr... Then... Why don't you show us what's under that glove?!" demanded Sara.

"Sure thing!"

With that, Ranger enthusiastically removed the glove... And showed a completely uninjured hand.

"Satisfied now?" he asked.

"No way..." Kanna told herself.

"Aaah...! Then sure enough, there wasn't a fake! We've just wasted our time in vain...!!" cried out Nao.

"Not necessarily." Keiji suddenly said.

"Eh...?"

"Mr. Policeman's started to figure out these Floor Masters." he continued.

"...Ehh?" asked Ranger.

"I could tell from Miley too. What you've got in common is... You can't lie about the important stuff." he said.

Ranger remained silent again.

"That's why you're touching on the topic, but cleverly talking around it... ? But I noticed." stated Keiji.

"...Noticed whaaat?" questioned Ranger.

"Ranger, just now... You said... 'that Reko was the real deal.'" explained Keiji.