Chapter 28: The Dummies

(It's that time again! New floor equals new Floormasters and new unique challenges! Wonder what awaits Muto this time...?)

Kanna POV:

"Kanna was always with her big sister. Because she loved her a lot... But Kanna was always just a bother to her... Even that time when it mattered most, she couldn't do anything. So she thought she was hated... But that message... made her remember. That surely, her big sister was watching over her... That she had to stay strong on her own... But, well... The truth is, she knew... That it wasn't her sister who wrote that message....... There's people who tried to protect Kanna. There's people who worked to encourage her. So... she doesn't want anyone else to die. Because... they're all such kind people..."

...

...

"Everyone... This floor will be closed off soon." Safalin declared to the group.

Following the conclusion of the Second Main Game, the remaining 7 survivors made their way back to the lobby of the third floor, pondering upon what to do next. Nao and Shin had kicked the bucket in the latest round of bloodshed and now, the group felt really small. They started out with a massive number of people in the facility. 20 registered participants as well as several unregistered human beings all arrived on the scene from the get-go. The first trial wiped out almost half of the humans, reducing the number to 13. The second trial would kill off Mishima and Joe and Kai would kick the bucket in the First Main Game. Following the death of murderer Alice Yabusame, who ironically became a victim, two more people died, leaving the group in a precarious position. Concerning his own survival, Muto was more confident than when he initially started everything. Although Reko had the potential to be a problem later on down the road, he was on pretty good terms with most other people so he wasn't necessarily concerned. He knew he could take things easy for now, although he'd still have work to do when the Third, and hopefully last, Main Game comes rolling around. After reaching the lobby, Muto noticed an oddity in the previously regular room. In the place of the windows, there was a massive opened double doors standing in its place. Muto was intrigued and it appeared that Safalin was back to take them all to a new floor. He thought she was a decent Floormaster and hoped if they got another one, they wouldn't be awful sadists.

"Please proceed to the next floor quickly... Or else your collars will..." Safalin tried to warn.

"Yeah, yeah... I know." dismissed Sara.

"...? Miss Sara, could it be that you're... Cured...?" asked Safalin.

"...Of my hallucinations, you mean? It felt like I'd been having a bad dream... I tortured myself with hallucinations of my own making. But I've woken up now. I... no, we... won't lose to the likes of you!" exclaimed Sara.

"......Right. Best of luck, then... Miss Sara." Safalin replied.

"Just what I've come to expect... You always stand right back up, Sara." encouraged Keiji.

"It's not like it's on my power alone..." said Sara.

"...You mean Sou." said Keiji.

"Can't say I had a handle on 'im up to the very end. 'Cause I kept getting used and falling for lies..." Q-taro stated.

"But... it's the truth that he tried to protect Kanna." admitted Kanna, reminiscing whatever time they spent together doing who-knows-what.

"Guess so... Kanna, don't go thinking about giving yourself up ever again, alright? You gotta give the kidnappers the beating Sou would've given 'em, ain't that right?" Reko gave some encouragement to the little girl.

"Yes...!" replied Kanna.

"And not just for Sou... for Nao, too..." Reko said.

"Yeah..." agreed Gin.