Chapter 16: Tacky Tokens

(At this point, I'm just making puns out of the titles lol)

(70 Me-tokens, 20 Gin's tokens, 30 Alice tokens, 20 Nao tokens, 20 Reko tokens, 3 clear chips)

Muto awoke from his slumber feeling quite odd. In a good way. He felt energetic for once, which is the first time he felt this way upon entering this demented wherever the hell this place is. Well, kidnapped is a better word to use hehe. Anyway, Muto awoke with a good feeling. He stretched as usual and went on his way. He counted all his tokens and clear chips and ensured that everything was in place. Although he did have 90 tokens other than his, he was set to give 20 of them to Alice unfortunately. That would mean he collected 70 tokens and 3 clear chips. He still needed 7 more clear chips to ensure his safety. Not to mention, he also was not sure who exactly had the lead when it comes to collecting tokens. It would've been nice if there was some way to know if there was indeed anyone who had collected more clear chips than Muto. Regardless, he spent a bit more time in his room than usual, in order to formulate a strategy. He still had to collect 7 more clear chips and had to complete six attractions in just 2 days. Seemed like a long ask but ok. After he finished, he stepped outside his room. The policeman was the only person he could see in the lobby. Everyone else was probably minding their own damn business. Muto was about to make his way to another attraction room when Keiji stopped him.

"Hey there." he greeted.

"Hi. Need something?" Muto replied.

"Yep. Wanna ask you about a specific incident yesterday." the policeman told him with his usual smile.

"Incident? There have been a hella lot of shit that popped off yesterday. Which one?"

"Mwahaha. True. The incident I was talking about, however, was Mishima's monitor breaking."

"Mishima's monitor? What are you on about?" Muto asked him.

"The AI of Mishima had his monitor broke." Keiji told him.

"Really? Oh, well... that sucks I guess..."

"I'm assuming you don't know anything about the incident, do you?"

"Well, I was in the monitor room with Miss Nao last night and the monitor was fine, so I'm guessing whoever broke it did it whilst the tribe was asleep." Muto pointed out.

"Mhm... And what were you exactly doing with Nao at the time?"

"We had just cleared an attraction. Then we traded tokens. Not much else to say."

"Hmm..."

"Oh come on. Don't tell me I'm suspicious! I don't even know what the hell happened to Mishima, for fuck's sake!"

"Say, Muto. I got a question for you. A personal one."

"A personal one? Oh dear God..."

"Don't worry, it's nothing too probing." Keiji smiled.

"Fine. What is it?"

"Do you care for Nao?"  Keiji asked him with a slightly more serious expression.

"Care for her? What you mean?" Muto replied.

"Well, maybe you shattered the monitor cuz you wanted her to move on or something...?"

"Hmm... Doesn't seem like too bad of a strategy. But how did the Mishima AI even break?"

"The screen's cracked." replied Keiji.

"Cracked? I don't have a weapon which I could use to crack a screen though."

"Mwahaha. Dodging the question I see?"