Chapter 11: War Of Words

(The final section of the preliminary round before the selection of six people to nominate for the final round of voting...)

Quickie Recap: In the last part, more mysteries got revealed and some got solved too. Gin had found a weird-looking paper that had the names of some participants with weird descriptions but Sara had found another piece of paper which fit better with the descriptions given. This paved the way for the discovery that the supposed 'Gonbee Yamada' was actually a fake name and he was a murderer whose name was Alice Yabusame, and was actually the brother of goth girl, Reko Yabusame. Nao and Muto were also thrown under suspicion due to their presence in the dark kitchen. Mishima's head was also revealed to be missing from the box with its whereabouts unknown presently...

A bit of a discussion had ensued about who voted for Mishima but eventually, Alice got the topic back on track.

"...So, ultimately... Are we going to ignore the missing head?" he started.

"That's still a big mystery... But seems like Nao did nothin' wrong, 'least." replied Q-taro.

"Maybe Reko had the right idea, and it got swapped out at some point." suggested Joe.

"Just discussing it's pointless, woof! Let's talk about that gorilla next, meow!" exclaimed Gin.

"F'real?!" asked Q-taro.

"...You okay ignorin' it, Sara?" Reko questioned Sara.

"Let's go to the next topic..." replied Sara.

"Oh?"

Sou interrupted with this weird creepy look on his face.

"...S-Sorry. That was bad manners..."

Sou would then turn his attention to everyone else in the group.

"Hey, guys... You're never going to solve anything like this." he told them.

"B-But..." Joe tried to say.

"I think it's wonderful you can trust each other this much after just meeting, you know...? But, well... Bad people always feign innocence." continued Sou.

"You tryin' to say Nao's a bad person?!" questioned Reko.

"I just remembered something. That Miss Nao's the one who attacked me." he declared suddenly.

"Whaaaaaaaaaat?!" asked Q-taro, visibly shocked.

Nao didn't respond and looked away from everyone, avoiding eye contact.

"That was a close one. If I hadn't remembered that, she could've gotten away clean." Sou continued.

Sara questioned Nao about Sou's words.

".......... I... I... That's... wrong..." she denied.

"I'll hear out anything, Miss Nao. Now's your only chance to tell the truth... If we're going to argue until one of us loses trust, I'll have to do my best too. Tell me, do you have that courage?" Sou told her.

"I... .................... ...I did... hit Sou..." Nao confessed.

"F... For real?!" asked Joe.

"You're joking, right?! Why, Nao?!" Reko asked too.

"...I was threatened..." Nao said.

"B... By who?!" asked Q-taro.

"... ...Kai..." she revealed.

Kai, the homemaker in the apron, threatened Nao? How did that make sense...?

"Kai threatened me... to strike Sou in the head..." she continued.