Chapter 29: Zoinks! There are monsters here!!

(They got monsters up in here? That doesn't sound too promising...)

Midori had long since left the group on their own. Apparently, the goal for them on this floor was to kill Midori. Although it seemed straightforward, Muto doubted it'd be that easy. Maybe this was a sort of sub-game like the entire token gimmick of the third floor? It could be. Muto also wondered why Sou abandoned his real name now that Shin was dead. He chose to be called Midori which was a really odd name choice. Muto would go with it, but he was still unsure to a certain degree. After a bit of investigation of the Dummies, it was revealed that each Dummy apparently had some kind of secret info that each of them was provided with that was unique to them only. Some of the Dummies revealed some information like they were apparently real people who died in the First Trial who had no connection to the survivors and have been brought back by the organization to act as supports, the fact that the Dummies' heads would explode if they apparently got too far from their paired-up partner and that there are apparently 'monsters' on this floor. After a bit more discussion about the situation at hand, a distant sound of roaring could be heard. Muto was confused. What even was that?

"...! What's that sound...?" asked Sara.

"...Aw, crap. Looks like they're here early..." the buff guy 'Kurumada' said.

"Who's here early?" Muto asked.

"The monsters've come to attack." he declared.

...

Monsters? What was this guy talking about? Muto wouldn't be confused for long though as a beast emerged from the darkness. Indeed, it was a monster! This one was a weird one as this monster was sort of a mix between a purple skeleton and a red mummy. This monster's head was basically a purple skull with a dark pool of black in its eye sockets. It's ribcage, body and pelvis also were made of purple bone that looked dark and hollow inside it with no organs in sight. It's neck, arms and legs though were wrapped in red bandages, almost like a mummy. As soon as the monster came into view, it just stopped and looked towards everyone without movement. 

"I... It's a monster...!!" cried out Sara.

"That's right. You're dead meat if you don't handle it the right way, got it? Apparently, we gotta work as a group to take it down." Kurumada said.

"Meowww?! That's absurd, muscle punk! We can't fight against something like this, woof!" exclaimed Gin.

"True... I can't imagine we can do much taking it on fair and square." Keiji agreed.

"... Then put your wits together. We'll all think about it, and pick someone's idea to drive it away." the pink-haired 'Hinako' said.

"If we discuss it... We might jus' figure out a weakness!" Q-taro exclaimed.

Discuss it? These people were certified crazy. Muto knew there were only two ways to get rid of a monster, attack it or run away from it. Unfortunately, there wasn't anywhere to run to due to everywhere other than this room being absolutely consumed in darkness. Not to mention, his flashlight somehow was no longer with him, even though he had no memory of actually misplacing it. It appeared there was nowhere to run, and it seemed that brute force wouldn't take care of this creature, so Muto did the naturally very brave deed... and hid behind Keiji. He would discuss but he had the thought if the monster would maul them, it would at least start with Keiji before it went to Muto. 

"Might wanna observe our opponent first before making any rash decisions." Keiji said as he looked the monster over head to toe. SInce the monster was just standing there doing nothing, Keiji had a clear line of sight and was able to observe uninterrupted. "Those red areas of its body are making a crackling sound... Seems they're electrified or something. It'd be dangerous to touch. The purple skeletal parts are some kind of armor. Probably okay to touch those... Might have to find a weapon or destroy the armor to deal with this one."