Chapter 19: The final attraction...

(The final attraction, The Arbitration Room...)

"Looks like the bastards have assembled!" declared Ranger as everyone made their way into the room. The room was very dark but a spot of light formed a rectangular place of light in the center of the room, in which Rio Ranger and Tia Safalin was standing in the middle of.

"What do you want from us now, meow?!" asked Gin.

"We all collected our Clear Chips!! Shouldn't be any problem!!" added Q-taro.

"This stupid game's over, you damn doll!" yelled Reko.

"Nah, sorry to say, but the Sub-Game's not over yet." Ranger blatantly stated.

"Ehh...?!" asked a confused Nao.

"Let's announce the results! Y'all haven't forgotten this was a game of buying and selling tokens, right?" Ranger asked.

"...I get it." said Sou.

"The number of tokens we've gotten by trading...?" questioned Keiji.

"Specifically, we're counting up the totals of other people's tokens you've touched at least once.  That means even tokens you lost after getting 'em count toward the total." explained Ranger. 

Muto raised his eyebrows. That would mean that he didn't have 150 tokens. He had more. Especially considering the fact that he had touched over 60 of Nao's tokens. That meant he could well pass the 200 mark up in this schizzle. 

"So we don't have to have them currently?" Alice asked.

"That's right! I told you this game switched out 'trust' for 'tokens,' yeah? The amount you were handed... That's what matters. So naturally, however many of your own tokens you got, they wooon't be counted! Now to announce the standings! Line up! The superb person who earned the most trust will be awarded a special privilege!"

"Privilege...?" asked Q-taro.

"Let's get to it! The glorious title of first place goes to...!"

"B... Badah-badah-badah-badah-badah..." Safalin made noises akin to that of someone hitting a drum.

"Muto Yoshida! Congrats!!" Ranger declared.

"Oh? Is that so? How nice hehe." said Muto basking in his position.

"Okay, stand right here! Ahem! Well then, let's see, can I have an interview?" Ranger asked him by coming up to Muto.

"Interview? Ha. Well, what can I really say? Of course I was going to win this token game! After all, business is kinda my thing, you feel me? So yeah. Thanks to everyone who gave me tokens and of course thank you to me for being so amazing hehe." Muto responded.

"What a humble person indeed! I'll explain your special privilege later. Everybody but first doesn't get a prize, so I'll just announce them in order!" Ranger exclaimed.

"Badah-badah-badah-badah-badah..."

"What's this annoying 'badah-badah' thing? Don't interrupt me, Safalin!" scolded Ranger.

"Waaah!! You told me to do it just like in the rehearsal, didn't you...?!" cried Safalin.

"Announcing the top three! Q-taro Burgerburg!"

"Y-Yeah!" Q-taro replied semi-cofidently.

"Kanna Kizuchi!"

"...Me...?" asked Kanna surprisingly.

"Aaaand Alice Yabusame!" 

"...Hoh..." Alice sighed in relief.

Muto was a little confused on how a little girl like Kanna placed so damn high but he wasn't about to question it.