Party (2)

Anaisarwen Isla

The reason why the Emperor favors her than his other two child is that girl is the last memory and gift of his first love. I finally realize this atlast she was the child born with love between the two.

What's tantalizing is, she was born when my mother is still here in this world. Did she know?

Nagiwas ako ng tingin muli, how does mother feel being in his side. I bet it hurts her, ruin her but she stayed beside him because mother loves her.

"Anais.. child." napalingon ako sa tumawag sa pangalan ko.

Incidentally, he called me. I greet him to pay respect but no smile is remaining to my face.

I have many questions to him, was my mother not enough? did he really love her? how could he do that to my mother?

I never wanted to question him about me, but my mother. Kahit pa sabihin na wala na siya, I will never be able to be quiet about this.

"Child, I know you are perplexed and uncertain during these past few weeks. I just want you to know, we are all waiting for you to accept our situation." Nakatingin lang ako sa kaniya ng walang emosyon sa mukha.

"Pay no mind about whether I accept things or what, Your Majesty. I absolutely won't accept anything that is unacceptable." I firmly said and took a glance sideways, which were the witch spot.

I bet she wanted to run to the Emperor and hug him all she wants, but I am here. As if I was not accustomed to that actions.

"Anaisarwen.." that look, he was obviously thinking that wala akong pake, well kindly right and I was being serious on it.

Kahit kelan hindi na ako magpapauto sa inyo, lalo na sa babaeng 'yon. I'm through with everything.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

'I heard that the Illegitimate Princess is a carefree royalty'

'Right? How would the Princess feel about it, when even she, a high ranking person, needs to achieve a certain degree of education.... while...'

'It shows how much the Emperor favors the said new princess.'

I bitterly smiled. Wow, akala ko sanay na ako.

But hearing it in reality will really slap the shit out of me. Salamat.

I saw many important people of the Empire attented but doesn't pay attention at the Princess at all. So ano ginagawa nila dito? Chismis?

"I greet the shining sun of the Empire, Your Highness." I look at person who greeted me, it's the Young Duke before.

Grandpapa and Uncle Dad must've send him in behalf of them for me.

They did not attented. What for? Sa sama ng loob?

"I also greet the Great Young Duke of the Empire." I returned a polite courtesy on him.

Isa siya sa bilang sa kamay ko na talagang nirerespeto ko, whether I show it or just a thought.

"I see that you're not into banquet, your highness." I immediately smiled at his remarks.

As blunt and straightforward as usual.

"It's not, I just specifically don't like this party." I softly chuckled when I saw him discreetly roam him eyes.

Then he look at me then slightly smile, he knows what I'm talking about. If it was him, he would think that it's normal and I have the right what to feel about it.

"Were you not bored with this party?" Tanong ko dito. Hindi na ito sumagot. I smiled. I like it.

"Then, shall we spice things up, Your Grace?" I naughtily smiled.

He was quick witted and lend his hand, a sign of invitation to dance.

A mere dance is no better than me, so yeah, I aced it. But what surprised me is that, this mysterious duke was good at leafing.

And I also like that.

"You seems enjoying it now, Your Highness." Puna nito nang makita na nakangiti ns ako.

I gracefully turned around and when he catched my hand, I grinned gently. "It's all thanks to you." We both bow as the song ended.

There were no room for applause as it was heard in the hall.

It's nothimg out of ordinary but yeah.

I alwast dropped my jaw when the dear chakabelle was tripped by her ball gown. Urgh, she's pathetic. Doesn't she know other type of attention other than being pitiful and again, pathetic?

"Oh my..." I gasped and blinked many times as my hand were hiding my so called gulat face.

H'wag kang tatawa, Anaisarwen Isla.

But my smiles were already big. Idagdag pa ang samo't sari na reaksyon ng mga dumalo.

Now, this is what you call a party.