Diary

Anaisarwen Isla

After last night, that weeping man cannot be erased to my mind. Who is it?

Why is he calling for my mother?

It's not like my mother would respond, yeah? Oh, nevermind.

Walang wala ako sa wisyo ko habang ginagawa ang routine ko.

Miski ang pagbigyan pansin ang kapatid at isang kapatid kuno ko ay hindi ko magawa.

I was too preoccupied by the fact that I discovered something in my mother's palace.

Seems like he's frequently visiting there as he knew the place to the palace.

"Will you attend today's dinner, Your Royal Highness?" I put down the book I'm eading and stare at Ellisa.

She then tilted her head in wonder of my answer. I weakly nodded. Let's have them humor me for a bit, Royal Family humor it is.

"Ohh!" She exclaimed and nodded also, she seems excited. Wait- I though she was in repudiate in my said family. "I must have you ready stunningly!"

Ah, that's it. She have the likes to doll me up.

"Ellisa, please be moderate." She blinked at me twice while I stared at her straightly.

Like, bakit pa? Para saan pa pag-aayos, wala naman importante sa gagawin namin.

Kakain lang, gano'n.

Ellisa then take a last glance before doing her thing. "As you wish, Princess." Sumusunod nitong sabi sa hiling kong ayos.

If I ask for moderate, I bet she'll still do her best, that's just how she is.

Ilang oras pa ang nagdaan ay natapos na sa kakaayos sa akin si Ellisa. I knew it, iba klasipikasyon niya ng moderate or mga rate level. She goes above them.

"Go now, my princess." I didn't bring my friendly smile. I got mood swings, I won't adjust it for them lol.

As much as I want to keep courtesy out of my way for once this time, I still need to uphold my best self.

"I greet you a pleasant evening, Imperial Father, Imperial Brother." But yes of course, except that girl.

I look at the dearest father still not relieving my courtesy at ease. He still bother to look at his other daughter before doing it.

Asa naman siya na I would give my courtesy to her.

I did not bother to hide my disappointment and sigh when my usual seat is.. occupied.

I even wonder how far can they do to make that girl satisfied while giving up and sacrificing mine?

Austine suddenly realized why I'm not sitting so he's perplexed and was having thoughts while his head going back and forth to me and his dearest sister.

Before he could come into conclusion what to say or what to do, I voluntarily go faaaar away their seats.

That's a bit less nauseating.

"Anais, why are you sitting afar from us?"

"How could I sit there when it's not in my rightful place. However, I could still give mercy on lending it because it's pitiful."

I just picked up my silverware but I decided to drop it again to emphasize that I stopped eating. As if I've already have a taste of it.

"Anais, you're still not done eating, hardly even started eating.." Austine mentioned.

I stand up.

"I'm not feeling very well, if you'll excuse me then it's much appreciated."

With persmission, I decided to go on my way to my chambers. It's a shame that Ellisa did her best for me, pero hindi ko talaga masikmura na kumain kasama 'yong babaeng 'yon.

The emperor and the prince is also one to talk, but kaya ko pa pilitin, pero 'pag siya na kasama sa usapan or what- haah, no thanks.

"Your Royal Highness, have your warm sugar milk and cookies." Napatingin ako sa pagkain sa harap ko. I ate it, kasi syempre hinanda 'to ni Ellisa para sa'kin.

"His Majesty, The Emperor, asked me to prepare something you could lightly eat so you'll have something on your stomach before you sleep."

"..."

"I'm going to sleep now. Goodnight, Ellisa."

I lied. I'm ready to go to my mother's palace.

As I was curious about that peron's identity, my mother's place is my safe haven. It felt like, she was still here with me. This place screams her presence and longevity.

If someone was here, they were deliberately searching for something or wanting to do something at that place.

I arrived there and was still catching the attention of the painting of my mother and the emperor.

Lumapit akong muli dito at tiningnan nang mabuti. Mapait akong napangiti no'ng masilayan ko na napakaganda ng ngiti niya. She was happy that it's tragic.

Napadako ang tingin ko sa ibaba, nangungutnot na nakita na may kakaiba. Although i don't want to move anything here, there's something in here like I needed to see.

Nang maigilid ko ang painting at nakita ko ang wallpaper na hindi na tugma sa tamang pagkakapaskil. Unti unti kong binaba at nakita ang maliit na bukasan.

What's in here?

Dali dali kong binuksan bagamat walang susi or kandado ito. It's like something was hidden but was not that secretive.

"Amelia Isla Ecletté... vain Harrington." Pagbasa ko sa book cover nito, lumang pluma na may kasamang panulat na quill pen, pero gawa sa ginto. Ang apeliyido ng Emperor man ay huling nasulat, pero halos mangupas na vain Harrington. Bumagay nga sa pangalan ng ina ko, but that surname doesn't deserve next to her name.

Syempre, base na sa titulo nang cover nito ay ina ko 'to.

Nagmamatapang kong hinawakan ito at huminga nang malalim.

It this a diary? My mom's diary?