Tactless

Anaisarwen Isla

Hindi ko na alam ang mararamdaman ko mula sa nabasa ko. I was dumbfounded and hurt in a way I couldn't expect it.

My mother, was strong, selfless and lovable.

So in the end, my father got a way to my mother to stay with him. I wish he didn't do so. Will it be different if he chose to chase his love? If mother chosen her freedom over love and commitment to their duty.

Will I ever be this mad driven on revenge on them ? Specially, to his dear child?

I could already visualize my life with only my mother and me, without my father and brother.

I take a final look before lifting it up. I'm gonna bring it with me.

My mother had a fulfilling yet unbearable pain she had to endure before she lost her life. According to her, Alliania is a... very optimistic and kind woman. She was beautiful. Kaya hindi ako makapaniwala na anak niya ang chaka na iyon. Hindi naman sana ako magkakaganito kung may pagka-ayos ang saltik ng anak niya.

I'm also willing to take the course my mother supposedly take in my past life, kaso, they won't let me. They make a beast out of me and they should pay for it.

Wala nang pahintulot na pumasok ako sa kwarto ng ama namin, nakaupo ito as usual sa desk niya at nagbabasa ng mga dokumento.

"Anais..?" Before he could react well nor asked me I put my mother's diary infront of his desk.

"Here you go, Your Majesty." Walang gana kong usad.

"What is this, Anais? Why are you still a-"

Baka pluma, baka librong sulatin. Kakagigil.

"I advise you to kindly read it faster now, because you won't ever have the chance to do so."

"Can't it be do-  Amelia Isla Ecletté.. vain Harrington." He softly spoke at he touched the book.

I was just here standing, expectant on his reactions.

Maagap na napatingin siya saakin, hindi niya siguro inaasahan na may gamit ako ng ina ko. Gusto niya siguro itanong kung paano at saan ko nakuha ito, pero mwinestra ko na basahin niya na.

You time's ticking, Dear Imperial Emperor

I beamed when I saw his emotion and facial expression become fragile and distorted.

Yes, suffer from the guilt. You must handle and know the things my mother endured and sacrifice for you. You must know her pains and thoughts. You must bear it.

I want  you to regret hurting my mother- us like that way.

"Tsk." I noticed he read it with a straight face even when I saw his face gruntled.

Wow, I have no words for him. I looked above. Seriously, Mom? Bakit siya?

"Who's Alliania?" Nakangiti kong saad. "My Mother's name is Amelia Isla,- I was not familiar with her, my mother said, you love her and she hear it herself." Nakangiti ko pa ring dagdag sa sinabi ko.

That's when I saw hus expression turned grim.

Affected much? Sabi mo pa sa ina ko na you're very much through and over with her. We guess not, lalo na't andiyan na ang secret- love child niyo.

Nakababa na ang libro at kinuha ko na ito. Akmang kukunin na sana niya muli pero nakatingin lang ako sa kanya ng diretso.

"What a total bummer." I whispered. "I do not  understand much the grief, the loneliness, the pain and love in my mother's diary but I am certain at one point."

Niyakap ko ang diary at tumalikod na sa kanya.

"You don't deserve my mother at the very least, as what my Uncle Dad and Grandpapa said."

"Anaisarwen Isla, how could-"

"Yes!How could I?" I pettily laugh and turned around again.

"How could you ever deserve me and my mother? You were so full of love towards your Alliania but you don't want to let go of my mother."

"You selfish loving monster. You're very greedy, selfish, despiteful and disgusting." I saw how his eyes glimpse of pain and was hurt by my words.

"Child, you never know what I felt and what I did was.."napatigil siya. Wala naman ng sense din sinasabi niya. He always know what to say and poke right into my failures, what I lack and everything, but against my mother, he couldn't even say anything.

"Don't justify the means of your wrong doing just because you believed I never knew, however, I knew much better than you. As much as my mother loved you, As much as I have loved you too, you never give any exhange, you never ever treat and love us the way you do to them. You can't even let go of my mother after what you've done. You were so difficult to love, tiring and drained."

I never mind if I gone overboard nor hurted his feelings- ego and pride. I let my mouth runs off because if not, baka sumabog na ako sa inis, sa galit at sa sakit. I don't mind being this tactless infront of him because after all, he also won't mind and care.

"I hope my mother did not ended up with you or she somehow left you, I wish I was never born in this family you called. And I wish, you were not my father and I was never your daughter."

I stormed out of that room after I piled my frustrations towards him.