Fifth Rule

Anaisarwen Isla

It's been a while since the imperial tea party of mine and the return of the young duke happened. I was doing well, fulfilling my duty as a princess as usual. The girl got out of probation a few days ago, she's been out of her place huh?

I'm currently in the garden, again, picking up some flowers to be put on my mother's tomb. Yeah, I'm about to visit my mother's grave because I miss her.

When I picked this one flower I was about to, I solemnly smiled at the thought of her. I also haven't been able to visit the chamber of my mother.

I could never let go of the past, weren't I? It's my initial driving force after all to continue life again after the dramas, traumas, heartaches, and betrayals I've encountered. It's all fresh and it will never wither.

Inayos ko ang basket kung saan ko ina-arrange ang mga bulaklak na napitas ko na.

"Ellisa, are you coming with me?" I asked although I knew that she would come. "If I'm not intruding on your visit to Her Majesty." Nakangiti niyang sagot habang pinagmamasdan akong iayos ang hawak ko bago maglakad.

Before I visited my mother, I should've gone to my brother.

I crossed my arms as I walked towards him.

"Are you going to continue avoiding me?" Naguguluhan ang mukha nito nang makita kung sino ang nagsalita.

Yes, he's been avoiding me since the incident occurred. I take a breath out, in all honesty, I'm more relieved that he's the one there. He shouldn't be feeling guilty and liable for what happened to me. He shouldn't be.

He was about to escape without saying anything to me through the window, yes! He's about to jump out the window just to escape me. For heaven and earth's sake! This is the 4th floor of the Mansion. What's gotten to his head?

"Young Lord of the de Eclette Grand Duchy, I ordered you to heed my call." For the first time, I've spoken out with my authority with him. It was my stern voice.

He's so stubborn like my mother and Uncle Dad.

"You didn't have the face to visit me, you're escaping me like you did commit unexplainable immoral acts against me." I kept my straight face as I sat down like I did when I was on a princess duty. Which I never did before them, to him.

"Isla.., I honestly can't have the courage to face you at the moment." Iniiwas niya ang paningin mula sa akin.

"Then turn back." Nagkati-tigan kami.

I cleared my throat. "Ehem!"

"I command you to reserve your concern, and come with me." I'm sorry, Brother Archer. I just can't have you avoiding me. If it even means for me to utilize my power as a royal blood.

I don't get quite guilty with that, he suffered too! I don't want to burden him anymore.

"I won't tolerate any of it, Brother. If I say, then it is as it was." My eyebrows furrowed before standing up and it was the queue for him to follow my lead. He had no choice.

"I was just afraid..." Nakatungo ito nang magsalita siya. We're on our way to my mother's grave. "I was petrified, stunned, and was furious. I was hurt seeing you that way. I could never bear to face you because we could've lost you."

My lips curved into a smile. "Well, dear brother. I am fine, you see? There's nothing we could do about those arduous people."

"I don't want us to have a gap, when you just did your best to keep me safe. In fact, I'm most appreciative that you saved me." I said while confirming my feelings towards what he did.

He didn't do anything wrong.

He quickly hugged me, tightly. I held back my sigh, he was so afraid that I will be gone kaya naman sobrang higpit ng yakap niya.

"We're good now, Brother?" Tanong ko dito. Agad naman itong tumugon. "Of course, Isla. You gave patience to this brother of yours." Natatawa akong napatingin sa labas ng carriage. It stopped.

We're almost there.

Hindi ako nag-lalagi dito sa puntod ng ina ko. I couldn't. Lalo lamang akong nasasaktan kapag nandito ako sa mismong puntod niya.

"Isla, it will be alright. Brother is here." He consoled me as he guide the myback with his hand.

I finally let out a sigh and smiled. It was to greet my mother.

"Mom..." I just called out to her name but I was about to cry na. I was so weak against her.

"Your daughter is finally here..." Yes, the fact that I didn't get to visit my mother is due to helding myself out. Nagtiis ako na sa statwa lang niya kasi mas bearable para sa'kin na nakikita ko katawan niya kesa sa sarili niyang puntod. I've never gone to visit her frequently. Now, it's my first time visiting her grave with me being a lady.

I touched her tombstone. It was immaculate, yet sorrowful.

My forehead touched the tombstone. The air blows my hair while I'm closing my eyes feeling her presence.

"I miss you so much, my mom."

"Things could have been easier if you were there. But I was aware of it now, if you were here... you're going to suffer.." Napatigil ako sa pagsasalita. That's what hurts me too.

'I wish to tell you my rants, my future plans.. I know you will be disapprove of it haha'

'Mom, please guide this vengeful daughter of yours. I was about to go insane in the future just to have my revenge against those who hurted me... and you.'

'I'm afraid that I'll resort to an inhumane acts if I let out my intrusive thoughts, so please let me be and forgive me. I already thought of the future I could have..'

"Mom... I love you so much. Please guide me and your family above there." I felt the wind blows as if it was hugging and consoling me.

Thank you, Mom.

Fifth Rule: Be concerned to what I'm feeling before putting my future plan into action.

In any case, I needed my mother's warmth before I do anything crazier.