C H A P T E R 3

Annie's story made Risa sympathize with her, but she knew very well that that was the least thing Annie wanted. She do understand Annie's decision though and also decided that she will stay and would still be her friend which put a smile on the latter's face. Seeing that was already enough for her. She still hates Annie's college friends, they were bunch of people who didn't even look back and just leave when Annie needed them the most.

"Where have you been?"

The sudden voice coming from a girl in her room made her jump all of a sudden.

"Jesus! You scared the hell out of me!"

"I asked where you've been so answer me" Maeve said with gritted teeth which made Risa unconsciously gulp

"Uh, ah, I was at Annie's crib. She was drunk last night and so I took her home and decided to just stay over"

"You what!?" Again, the sudden loud voice made Risa jump a little.

"Maeve would you please lower your voice down. It's still early in the morning. And what? She's my friend I have to take responsibility of her"

"But you didn't have to stay over at her house"

"The party ended late at night, you knew that, you were there. It will be hard for me to catch a cab at that time so I just stayed over plus I was also sleepy last night"

"You could have just called me" Maeve mumble silently

"You saying something?"

"No..nothing."

"Why are you here by the way. I mean not that I don't want you around but it's only 7:30 in the morning" Risa asked curious as to why her crush is in her room reading some novel she had keep in her bookshelves

"I missed you"

"Early in the morning?"

"Yes, got any problem with that?"

Of course, Risa is happy to know that Maeve missed her, but it kinda suspicious how the latter bothered to even visit and not to mention early in the morning. Normally, she would just text or call her when she missed her.

"No, of course not"

"Then come here and cuddle with me. I barely sleep last night"

"And why is that?"

Maeve went silent for a second before settling herself at the top of Risa letting her head rest on the crook of Risa's neck

"I don't know. I just can't sleep"

Maeves breath tingles on Risa's neck. And it took an ounce of determination not to get distracted and get turn on because of some breath.

"I love how your heart beats so loud that I can hear it"

"Please, you know why it beats so loud"

Maeve didn't say anything. Instead, she just hug Risa more tightly, afraid that the latter will disappear.

"Risa?" Maeve said after a minute of silence.

"Mhhm?"

"We're okay, right?" Maeve asked which made Risa open her eyes that were closed

"Of course we are, why did you asked?"

"Nothing. It's just. I don't know. Just hold me, please"

It was new for Risa to see her best friend being this clingy to her. But she hold her nonetheless.

"I promise that even if I have a boyfriend now, I will always chose you. I will always believe you, so that no one could ever come between us and the friendship that we had." Maeve mumbled enough for Risa to hear.

"You don't really have to. Just by seeing you didn't run nor ignore me after all the things I've said the other day is already enough for me"

"Well, I am not Fion so you better stick with me until the very end.

Another thing that Risa hates is promises. Because she knew how it is meant to be broken sooner or later. And that's what scared her the most. To hear the woman she love say those promised made her heart ache for no reason. But even so, she believed on the promise because it's Maeve. And she knew Maeve would never break her promise. Or so she thought.