C H A P T E R 1 7

They were bumping each other with their cars while laughing at each other's horrified expressions. They were having so much fun that they didn't even care about the other people who were with them, both are just looking at each other, bumping their cars until they feel the satisfaction they needed. Sadly, the fun had come to its stop and both are just laughing going out from the premises were the bumping cars are. 

"Let's rest for a minute" Maeve said simply because she doesn't want this day to end and the amusement park only have 10 rides at maximum. If they continue to ride continuously then they might have to go home early. 

"Alright then, just stay right here and I'll buy us some snacks" Risa said, letting the brunette have a seat on a bench near where they are standing. Before Maeve could reply, Risa was already far from her sight. She decided to just wait for her best friend there since her legs are also sore from all the walking. 

The snacks were prepared at a delayed time far from what Risa had expected. It has already been 5 minutes and they are still preparing the snacks, she can't help it though, the staff run out of ingredients. Thankfully, after some time it's already been served and so she hurry to where she left her best friend at, worried that something might happened to her. Who knows some guy would come and harassed her, right? She was almost there when she suddenly bumped into a familiar girl, she's lucky nothing was spilled or she would come back without a snack and oh boy it won't be good for her. 

"Risa? What you doing here?"

"Celina! Hey, what are you doing here? Isn't it your turn to perform at the cafe?" After they accidentally heard Celina sing in the cafe's restroom during breaks they requested her to also perform so that everyday there would be someone who would entertain the customers and with a promise of raising her salary, the girl agreed with no hesitation. 

"It's not until evening so it's fine. And I'm here to meet my girlfriend which reminds me she just stood me up because of her fucking hang over, the bruha went into the bar again last night without my permission!" Celina complained, which made Risa let out a giggle. It didn't last long though when she felt chills all over her and the moment she looks back is the moment she felt her life is about to end. She saw her best friend tapping her foot impatiently with cross arms as Maeve looked at her with her eyebrow raised. Risa can't help but gulp and give the latter her biggest smile. That must have been a wrong move when she heard her best friend scoffed.

"Are you okay?" Celina asked out of concern as she saw her workmate start to have cold sweat. Before Risa could reply her best friend's voice beat her to it.

"Babe, what took you so long?" Maeve said as she kissed the latter's cheeks, earning a blush from Risa

"Oooh, so you're on a date? Can't believe our star's already been taken by someone. Fans would be so heartbroken when they hear the news" Before Risa could correct the taken part, Maeve already answered her workmate

"I'm sure they'll do just fine" Maeve smiled and after that Celina was already saying her good bye's. Just when Risa thought she's on the clear, she heard the cold voice and darting eyes from her best friend.

"Who is she?" Maeve can't help it. She didn't know why she asked with so much coldness, but she hated seeing the morena talking with another girl and on top of that, a beauty. There's already Brian, Fion, and Annie and now another girl is getting on the picture and she didn't like a single bit of it. Well, it's not like she own Risa, but have some patience with her, the girl is not really good on learning about her feelings. 

"Just a friend, I promise" Risa said and kissed the girl's forehead. She feels like she needed to do it and she was right! Maeve finally relaxed and get the snacks from Risa. 

After taking some rest, they decided to enter the haunted house and believe me when I say it's not what you expected at all. No, none of them are scared of such things and ghosts and neither of them decided to enter the haunted house just so the other would feel scared while being comforted by the person beside her. So why did they enter the haunted house?"

"Aggghhhhh!!!" And yup, that's not a scream coming from the two of them, but the scream of the person who acted as the ghost. Yes, the two just decided to turn the table and scare the ghosts instead of them being the one to be scared of. It was such a successful plan that one of the ghost even said "please I'm just a human not a ghost I'm doing this for the betterment of the world" 

The two didn't really understand why scaring people is for the betterment of the world, nonetheless, they were laughing at the horrified expression of the ghost. They did apologize at the end, though, seeing how the ghost is about to cry and scream mother 

"That was so much fun!" Risa said, catching her breath from laughing. It was almost sunset when they finished all of the rides and experiencing all of the places that are in the amusement park. 

"Let's take some picture and buy some souvenirs first before we ride the ferris wheel" Maeve said as she drag her best friend at the photo booth near them. Yes, they finished riding all the rides except the ferris wheel, the two had already planned to ride it before they go home. 

They took quite a lot of photos and bought each other a souvenir. Risa already decided to bought some for Leo and her friends. And now, they're on the top, seeing all the skyscrapers and the beautiful sunset as the ferris wheel stop for a while letting them enjoy the scenic view. 

Risa was surprised when Maeve sat on her lap, she almost fainted. She really didn't know her best friend could be this clingy, but she isn't complaining. Clingy Maeve is a cute Maeve as what she says. 

You thought it's over when the two arrived at Risa's condo unit, but no. Maeve decided to sleep over again and cooked their dinner. After that, they watch another movie and have some cuddles, which Maeve requested. And when Risa get up from her bed to tune her guitar to make sure that everything's ready for her performance tomorrow, Maeve give her a back hug and kiss her nape, which sent shivers down Risa's body and made her stiff for a mere moment.

"Can you teach me how to play?" Maeve asked silently, earning a nod and a smile from Risa. 

And that's how Maeve learned how to play guitar on that day. With Risa on her back and her best friend's hands guiding her own to the strings, telling her what chord is it and how to strum. And that's when Maeve wished for that moment to never end.