Chapter 15 ~ CoMfOrTaBlE

TW: Panic Attacks

Y/ns POV

We left the parking lot when Justin started talking, "How's your day been?" His voice shakes me out of my thoughts, "My days been pretty well, a bit tiring actually since Nathan and I spent all night watching your videos, you guys are so funny. What about you?" He hums along, "Oh I'm purely on Celsius's right now. The boys go crazy on Saturday Nights."

I laugh and was about to reply when my phone start buzzing. I pick it up only to see that it's my mom calling me. I turn it off and put it back down, only for her to call me 7 more times. My anxiety was shooting through the sky and I had no idea what to do. Justin was looking my way and I can tell why.

I slowly pick up her 9th call, "Hel-Hello?" I curse myself for my shaking voice. "I've called you 20 times, what is wrong with you? Why didn't you pick up? You think I'm just stupid right?"

"What?! No mom, I was busy, I had some stuff to take care of and, and um, uh my phone wasn't with me. I swear I wasn't ignoring you." She scoffs at my reply. "You can't fool me, dumbass. Once a disappointment always a disappointment. I need you to send me $1500."

My breath leaves my body, "$1500? That's a lot. That's my rent for next month, I can't send $1500. Please let me send less, is $800 enough?"

"Y/n, what did I say? $1500 better be in my account, I raised you, can you not do this much for me?" I nod, "Yes I can. I'll send you $1500. Bye." I cut the phone and run my hands through my hair. 

"Y/n, what was that about?" I turn around, "Hmm? Oh um nothing, don't worry about it." He nods, "I'm here if you need to talk about it. I'll listen." My heart swells at his words, "Thank you." I whisper.

My hands start to shake and tears brim my eyes, Justin slowly grabs my hands with one of  his and starts drawing circles on the back of one of my hands. My breathing picks up and I can tell I'm about to have a panic attack.

"Hey, Y/n, hey, listen to my voice, let's do some breathing together. C'mon jus follow my lead.  Breathe in, 1,2,3,4, hold, 1,2,3,4, breathe out, 1,2,3,4, hold, 1,2,3,4. Let's do that twice more.  Breathe in, 1,2,3,4, hold, 1,2,3,4, breathe out, 1,2,3,4, hold, 1,2,3,4. Now one more time.  Breathe in, 1,2,3,4, hold, 1,2,3,4, breathe out, 1,2,3,4, hold, 1,2,3,4. There you go, good job, I'm proud of you."

Before I knew it we were at their house, as I got ready to get out of the car Justin came over and opened my door, and I stepped out pulling my pants up just before he pulled me into a hug. His warmth wrapped around me and I smiled, snuggling into his body.

I let his smell wrap around me and I listened to his heartbeat. Once we broke contact, did i only realize how much I actually needed that hug. We later walked inside and the boys greeted me by running up to me and giving me a hug each. I was surprised cause I usually hate being hugged but for some reason, I felt comfortable with the boys.