Twenty Three

Hope and I walked over to the table where lizzie was sitting at. "hey guys." I smiled slightly. "hey come sit guys." Mg says. hope and I sat. lizzie makes a face and hope notices which makes her mood change. "you must be new." a dark skinned guy with dreads says furrowing his eyebrows. I nodded. "yeah, I'm new." "this was the cousin you were talking abut liz." he asks. "yes, Kaleb. by the way where's Raf." lizzie asks taking a bite of her fry. "with the wolves. competing for the spot of an 'Alpha'." Kaleb chuckles. I chuckled as well. "you know how wolfs are." Josie makes a comment. Landon then walks up to us and sat by Hope. "what were you all talking about." Landon asks taking a big bite of his burger. 

 "Rafael is starting to get the hang of being here." I chuckled. "I knew he had it in him." he said taking sip of his drink. Rafael then makes his way to us with sweat dripping from his biceps and his face. I just stood there staring. "Steph, are you good." he waved at me. I shook my head and replied. "yeah. sorry just kind of zoned out." I looked down at my food. 

I took a bite of my fry and looked back up at everyone. "guys, I was thinking tonight will she do truth or dare." Josie says changing the subject. "I think that would be a great idea. we'll get to know each other more." everyone agrees. Rafael puts back on his shirt and calls to me. "Steph, what's your next class." he asked. "art." I said. "great. I have that class too. mind if we walk together." he offered. I nodded and started to walk to class. 

walking into art class with Rafael

walking into art class with Rafael. Mg notices me and Rafael talking to each other. "hey guys." he said waving at us. "hey Mg didn't know you had art as well." "same." Rafael nods. "alright class settle down." the teacher says while shuffling through some papers. sitting by Mg. I started to do my work. "so you and Raf." Mg says interrupting me. "what about Rafael." I asked furrowing my eyebrows. "you two gotten close." I chuckled. 

"I guess you can say that. after the incident he's just been there you know." "yeah, I figured." he says awkwardly. "is everything okay." I asked putting my pencil down. "yeah, just proud that your making friends. that's all."he says clearing his throat. I found it weird how Mg asked about my relationship with Rafael. I ignored that thought and continue my work.