Thirty Three

Watching people do their speech made me feel empty inside. I didn't even want to go up there knowing how much attention I've already gotten today. "our aunt was one of a kind, truly one of the best people in the world." Josie said which made me smile a bit. "agree, but i'm glad she brought us an amazing cousin to this world." lizzie nods looking at me. I got up and trudged up the stairs to the stage. Lizzie stops me mid way and gives me a hug. "were here for you Stephanie." lizzie said looking at Josie then to me. I nodded and hugged both of them.

 Making my way to the stage. I looked at my mothers casket and swallowed hard. I sighed and looked at everyone. "I don't really know what to say." I scoffed. "I'm just kind of not in the right mindset for this situation obviously." I bit my lower lip nervously. "she will always be in my heart,  she was the only thing I had close to a best friend. losing her broke my heart, she was my first heartbreak." I looked down and sniffle. "why did you have to leave me mom." I cried looking back at her casket. 

My father makes his way up to the stage I ran into his arms and buried my face into his shirt

My father makes his way up to the stage I ran into his arms and buried my face into his shirt. "its okay." he said comforting me. walking down the stage I took my seat next to my father. everyone said their last goodbyes and left. I wondered around the funeral to see pictures up of my mother. admiring them I tear rolls down my face. "I can't do this mom." my lips quivered. walking back, I saw everyone say they're goodbyes, causing me and my father to be alone. he looked back at me and came to hug me. "I'm so sorry this happened to you kid." he cried out silently. "it wasn't your fault dad." I shook my head. "I should've have just sent u and your mother far away from mystic falls." he huffed. "this is our hometown i'm glad we stayed here." I said. "she's gone and it is not our faults." I said furrowing my eyebrows.

"But I cant just keep on feeling this pain." I said looking up into my father eyes. "what do you mean Steph." he furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "I don't want to feel anymore." I sighed. "please don't tell me you're going to shut it off." he shook his head in disbelief. "you cant keep on making my choices for me dad." "I know what it's like Steph, it won't make you feel any better." he said swallowing hard. "that's what you experienced, I think it'll help." I shrugged. "your mother would have not wanted you to take this path." he shook his head with disappointment. making my way to hug my dad, I did the thing I least expected for me to do. "you'll know how to bring me back." I tear rolls down my face, I snapped his neck causing him to fall onto the ground. I looked at his unconscious body and sighed.