Thirty Two

I woke up due to the bright sun hitting my face. I went to checked the time on my phone, and it was nine in the morning. I went to the kitchen to the wonderful aroma of freshly cooked pancakes. "good morning." I smiled slightly. my father was so into the music that he barely even realized I was there. "dad." I called out to his attention. he looked up and furrowed his eyebrows. "didn't realize you were there." he said coming up to give me a kiss onto my forehead. "have you been drinking." I furrowed my eyebrows concern. "yeah, just a little." he shrugged. his breathe reeked of alcohol. "you're drunk." I shook my head picking at my food. "come on eat up, we have a very busy day today." he said dancing around the kitchen. this wasn't like him, my father never gets drunk. especially in the morning. I looked over to my right to see a plate full of food, it looked like it was cold by now. 

"dad, so you're just gonna let your food get cold." I looked up at him with confusion. "don't be silly Stephanie. that's for your mother." after hearing what came out of his mouth I made a face. "she's dead." I furrowed my eyebrows. my father froze and looked at the plate full of food and shook his head. "I'm sorry Stephanie." he groaned. "go get ready, let me refreshen up." he said leaving the kitchen. I sighed and began to finish my breakfast. after I was done, I went to wash up and pick out a dress to wear for the funeral. I will be lying if I said I were fine, it's hurts so much just getting ready to see my mother one last time. I then her a knock at my door. "are you ready." he asked. I opened the door and nodded. we then drove to the funeral home. making it there I saw all of my family members. 

Caroline makes her way to me and gives me a big hug

Caroline makes her way to me and gives me a big hug. "I am so sorry Stephanie." she sighed shaking her head. "oh Steph." Tyler said making his way to me and comforting me. I then see a brunette haired girl walking toward my dad and I. "Elena." my father called out, furrowing his eyebrows while making his way to her. "I thought you wouldn't make it." he chuckled. "I couldn't miss my best friends funeral. and knowing your grieving Damon." she said touching his shoulder. "it just hurts to know that our daughter will have to experience this moment." he sighed. Elena then pulls my father into a deep hug. Elena then pulls away and makes her way over to me. "I finally got to meet you." she sighed. "yeah." I huffed. "I know how it feels to lose someone very close to you." "I lost my aunt before. it was the worst thing I could ever have experience. you will pull through." she said with a slight smile. 

"I cant just pull through this, Elena. it's hard." I sighed. "I'm sorry that you have to experience this." she said giving me a side hug. "it's time." my father said with a nod. making our way to the room, everyone took their seats and waited. my father came up on the stage to say his speech. "In the memory of Bonnie Bennet, my wife. she meant the world to me, her pass was something we never expected to happen. it hurts to know she wont see our beautiful daughter grow." he said shedding a tear. "I don't know what I'll do without her." Elena walks up to the stage and walks him off to take a seat. Caroline gets up with Lizzie and Josie, and makes her way to the stage. "Bonnie Bennet is my best friend, she was always there for me when I needed her. she treated me as a sister, and if it weren't for her. I would not be here today." she said wiping away her tear.