Thirty

Walking out the kitchen, I made my way back to the study room. everyone eyes scanned me up and down. "is everything okay." hope asks walking up to me. "I'm fine, I actually feel better." I smiled widely. hope looks at my shirt that was stained with blood, "there's blood on your shirt Steph." she furrowed her eyebrows. "oh that's a ketchup stain." I said scooping up the blood that was dripping from my shirt. licking the blood off my finger, the veins under my eyes grew. hope backed away with complete shock. "what's the matter, a little blood scares you." I chuckled. the whole school looked at hope. "Stephanie?." tilting my head, it was Rafael. "there's blood coming the kitchen." he pointed, causing hope to look on the ground. I turned back and sighed. "they were delicious by the way." I grinned. Hope runs to the kitchen. opening the door she gasped, "what did you do." she shook her head in disbelief. "I drained them." I shrugged. 

One of the students went into Mr Saltzman office. I turned back and faced the entire school. "Steph, this isn't you." Rafael says making his way to me. "I know. but it soon will be." I said looking up in his eyes with no remorse. walking out of the study hall, before I can step out of the school Mr Saltzman stops me. "what's gotten in you Stephanie." he furrowed his eyebrows. "I did what I did for a reason." I shrugged. "you can't just be killing any of my students Stephanie." Mr Saltzman nose flares with anger. "they had it coming, laughing about someone's mother in the hospital is acceptable?." I put my hands onto my hips. "I didn't know, you could've came to me directly about that Stephanie." he said with sympathy. "it's done, because they're dead now." I sighed. walking out the school, I inhaled the air then exhaled, looking at the sky. 

I was done taking orders from him, it's my turn to shine

I was done taking orders from him, it's my turn to shine. catching the bus into town, I made it to the hospital. checking in, I went into the room my mother was staying in. my father turns around confused. "what are you doing here, your suppose to be in school." he questioned. "I couldn't stay any longer." I sighed. "I'm taking you back to school right now." he said his voice filled with anger. "I won't." I shook my head. "you don't have a choice Steph." my father said crossing his arms. "I get to have a choice in my own life dad." I said angrily. "who are you to make my decisions." I furrowed my eyebrows. "your father Stephanie." I flared my nose. "do you ever think for once, that I am suffering as well." my eyes began to water. 

Before my father could say anything, we were interrupted by the monitor beeping. I looked up at my father to see him rushing over to my mother. I shook my head in disbelief as a tear ran down my face. before I can get to hug my mother one last time, the nurses came into the room escorting us out the room.